• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Arrow to the Knee Joke/meme: Overused?

Overused?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arrow to the Knee?

• Nah, it's fine

• Total voters

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
How thoughtful Wolf Sage.... I guess....

Onilink89: It's a quote from Skyrim. Search it up on youtube.(it's freakin everywhere)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think you can really overuse it. Almost everyone gets the reference and it's funny. I myself used to use the meme, and then I took an arrow to the knee.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
It is extremely overused, but most memes are overused when they first come out. It will stop showing up multiple times a day on sites like memebase soon enough. I have to admit that it is a good joke.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
I used to think it was overused but then I saw a guy take an arrow to the knee.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I do think it's overused. I only find it funny if someone re-does it there own way that's funny, or if it's in Skyrim.
And to the people who don't know, its "took an arrow IN the knee".

Here:

[video=youtube;vncIBREXCwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncIBREXCwU[/video]

Every internet meme when it first gets popular is somewhat overused. I mean, how else does it get around? Nyan cat really started getting hot near the end of February last year, and well, even though it's still pretty popular, you can definitely see that a lot of people have quieted down about it now.

Skyrim was just released in November. The "arrow in the knee" thing begun spreading shortly after, but use has skyrocketed now--since the internet is so large, it takes a while for word of it to reach most of it. It's still a funny meme, though. Like, most memes just sort of... happen randomly one day, and it's up to us as the internet community to hepl it get around.

See, some memes stay within a community, as they are more of an inside joke, such as ZD's very own "RAER SELDAS" meme, but others spread because of the people. I've seen many failed attempts at trying to start a widespread meme, but since no one was willing to bring it across the internet, that these memes never caught on.

"Arrow to the knee" is just in its early stages of the life cycle of internet memes. xD Be patient with it... use will eventually die down a bit.

^

Memes are by nature overused and exist all across the internet. If they don't, they're not truly a meme. It's all alright.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
The meme somehow feels...forced. Like the developers were intending this to be some sort of meme...

There was something similar Fallout: New Vegas. It's not as good, but it's what a lot of the NCR Rangers say: "Patrolling the Mojave makes you wish for a nuclear winter"

It could have made a decent meme.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's "Arrow IN the knee" not "Arrow TO the knee". Gosh, get it right people :dry:

I like the joke. It can be used in a multitude of ways; "I used to like Geometry class but then I took an arrow in the knee" and so on. It doesn't even have to be "took an arrow", the meme can be truncated to "I used to X but then I Y". It's a great meme, actually.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
It's "Arrow IN the knee" not "Arrow TO the knee". Gosh, get it right people :dry:

I like the joke. It can be used in a multitude of ways; "I used to like Geometry class but then I took an arrow in the knee" and so on. It doesn't even have to be "took an arrow", the meme can be truncated to "I used to X but then I Y". It's a great meme, actually.

See, what I want is for people to use it in a creative way, not use the same thing over and over again.

It's a Bethesda conspiracy! :lol:

You can thank Obsidian Entertainment for that 1! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom