• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Poll: Favorite Hero

Favorite Hero of Pokemon

• Red/Ash (Generation I & III)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold/Ethan (Generation II & IV)

• Crystal/Kris (Generation II)

• Brandon (Generation III)

• May (Generation III)

• Green/Leaf (Generation III)

• Lucas (Generation IV)

• Dawn (Generation IV)

• Lyra (Generation IV)

• Black/Hilbert (Generation V)

• White/Hilda (Generation V)

• Total voters

shaymin1

Derp.
I don't actually know my total "favourite" but the three I like best are:
-Red/Ash
-Brendan/...Brendan
-Gold/Ethan

Those aren't in any particular order.

Fig

The Altruist
I like Red/Ash, he has such a good bond with his pokemon. Especially Pikachu!!! I cried in the episode were Ash thought Pikachu would be better off with the other wild Pikachus and tried to leave him. Nothing will ever break Ash and Pikachu's friendship!!! :) Hahaha.

I cried on that episode too!:) I love Red/Ash and his Pikachu!

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
Gold/Ethan for the win ! I really like his sprite in HGSS. He has done way more for the Pokémon world than Red. I'll make a side by side comparison:
- Gold has 16 badges, Red only 8
- Gold has defeated Team Rocket 3 times (Slowpoke Well, HQ, Radio Tower), Red only 2 times
- Gold has defeated Lance AND Red, Red only Blue
I can see however why people like Red so much, he's from the originals after all. And if you want to count the anime, yeah... I don't know what to say...

Black comes in on second, just because I lijke his sprite so much. Ruby is cool too, he has awesome hair (that happens to be a hat, GASP)

Fig

The Altruist
Gold/Ethan for the win ! I really like his sprite in HGSS. He has done way more for the Pokémon world than Red. I'll make a side by side comparison:
- Gold has 16 badges, Red only 8
- Gold has defeated Team Rocket 3 times (Slowpoke Well, HQ, Radio Tower), Red only 2 times
- Gold has defeated Lance AND Red, Red only Blue
I can see however why people like Red so much, he's from the originals after all. And if you want to count the anime, yeah... I don't know what to say...

Black comes in on second, just because I lijke his sprite so much. Ruby is cool too, he has awesome hair (that happens to be a hat, GASP)

Red defeated Team Rocket multiple times:
1. Mt. Moon
2. Nugget Bridge
3. Celadon City
4. Saffron City HQ
5. Viridian City
6. One Island
7. Five Island/Six Island

Honestly, you can't say Gold is better, for if it wasn't for Red, Team Rocket would have conquered Kanto, and later Johto. Red stepped up to the challenge and saved the world from destruction.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
I gotta go with Red hands down here. He is possibly the coolest protagonist of the Pokemon series and I always enjoyed playing as him in Red/Blue/Yellow as well as fighting against him in Gold/Silver/Crystal. Though, I don't consider the Red in the gen 3 games as the same character from the older games. I feel that he's a different character altogether in FireRed and LeafGreen, despite sharing the same name.

Gold/Ethan and Crystal/Kris fall in as a close second to Red/Ash for favourite Pokemon hero for me.

Fig

The Altruist
I gotta go with Red hands down here. He is possibly the coolest protagonist of the Pokemon series and I always enjoyed playing as him in Red/Blue/Yellow as well as fighting against him in Gold/Silver/Crystal. Though, I don't consider the Red in the gen 3 games as the same character from the older games. I feel that he's a different character altogether in FireRed and LeafGreen, despite sharing the same name.

Gold/Ethan and Crystal/Kris fall in as a close second to Red/Ash for favourite Pokemon hero for me.

Red in generation III is actually the same, just older. But I can understand why you say that they don't aren't the same person despite the fact they share the same name. I wish the game was like the manga. In the manga, Red does have an outfit change from his generation I look to generation III look. But he still keeps his personality and hairstyle the same. I personally believe that Red would more loved if he can have that appearance of the past but adjusted to modern world, such as keeping his black hair, but changing his pants to a darker blue instead a faded look.

I like Gold. He pretty much made sure that Team Rocket was crushed for good, and

*SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED HG/SS YET*

in HG/SS he even traveled in time to stop Giovanni.

*SPOILER END*

And then to top it off, he finds Red at Mount Silver and shows him who's the Champ! :D

Not to mention Gold's PA counterpart is a pretty neat character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom