• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow Pokemon, Should They Be Continued?

Dragon Master

Master of Dragon Pokemon
As many of you may know, there were two games that made their way to the GameCube that had stories revolving around Shadow Pokemon. For those who don't know or those who require a reminder, Shadow Pokemon were Pokemon that had their emotions eviscerated from their thoughts, therefore they were fighting machines. A team named Team Cipher used them to make money and they were used to beat the average Pokemon which were considered weaker. These Pokemon could only be caught by using the Snag Machine, and they could only be returned to normal by bonding with their trainer. Long story short, there were two games involved with this story line, and I absolutely loved them. It's been a very long time since the second one was made, and I was hoping for a third addition to come out for the Wii, but it never came. I know some of you might say that the plot was over, because the main boss was taken down, however I believe that a new addition would do wonders for the franchise. The stories were marvelous, and with new technology I'm certain they could fill the world and characters with much more emotion and life greatly improving the series.

I'm sorry for posting such a long description, but my main point is whether or not this should be continued. In my opinion it should be, and I haven't heard a thing about so, however I still believe that one day it will be relived. What's your opinion? Have you heard anything on this subject before, if so what?

S

Spooknanners

I miss using them, I would really like to see game freak put it into a story somehow.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I think Shadow Pokemon worked well into the story for the Gamecube titles, but I dont think they should be considered for use in the main Pokemon games. Some more titles for the Wii U would be cool to see with integration for the inevitable 3DS Pokemon game.

G

GoronVSLink

I thought when the Pokemon Colosseum and XD came out, these type of Pokemon were guaranteed a new type of Pokemon in the series. Also, the moves were quite impressive, from shadow rush, to Lugia's Shadow storm! I hope Nintendo evolves around these types again into the future!

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I say they should definitely be brought back! I loved Colosseum and Gale of Darkness was one of the first games I ever beat. Not to mention the moves were pretty cool.
It would also be nice if they incorporated them into the DS games, or just make a new one for the Wii.

Fig

The Altruist
I would love for the Shadow Pokemon to make a comeback, preferably on the Wii, since it doesn't have that many Pokemon games, and since the 3DS is a handheld, it will soon have more Pokemon games than just Pokemon Rumble Blast. If Nintendo does decide that they want to make the third of the Shadow Pokemon games, they should add the 4th and 5th generations of Pokemon.:) So much nostalgia.

I'm currently playing XD Gale of Darkness and I was thinking to myself about Shadow Pokémon. Since there will be no more new Generations and Game freak are running out of ideas, I think it would be a really good idea to bring back that type of pokémon game. I'd love to know what gen IV and V Pokémon would be picked to be Shadow Pokémon. I also hope that they do the same thing in XD where they gave each purified Shadow Pokémon a Move they cannot learn by any other means.

Last edited:

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
If it comes back then I'd only want to see it on a console game. Seeing shadow Gen V and IV Pokemon would be kinda neat.

Beeker

Wild Card
Yes please. <3
Colosseum and XD are two of my favourite Pokemon games. I love their plots as well as their character designs(at least for the main characters anyway). They also have components that I think would be the best for a Pokemon console game such as a main story, battle modes(though they are limited) and connectivity. And with more Pokemon added since the last game, there could be even more of a variety of Shadow Pokemon to snag.
I know some of you might say that the plot was over, because the main boss was taken down, however I believe that a new addition would do wonders for the franchise.

Reading some articles about XD (since I have not played the game for a while) the other day actually made me think of something.
Ardos, one of Greevil's sons, is very loyal to his father and Cipher, and the way he talks in the ending seems like he wants Cipher to continue, despite all plans being ruined. I would find it interesting if sometime in the future Ardos attempted to revive Cipher back to the glory it once had.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I never really played the games involving Shadow Pokemon so I don't know much about the story. But I do know it takes place in another region of the world which is cool to see. Perhaps Nintendo could explore this region again without the Shadow Pokemon and possibly explore new types of gameplay here.

I always liked shadow pokemon, or at least on XD the way there were plenty of original moves for them. I think they should be continues as long as they dont start as high lvled as they were on coluseum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom