• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your New Year's Resolution for 2012

I'm surprised no one has made a thread for this yet. Anyways...

I'm sure most of you know what a New Year's Resolution is and I'm also sure that a lot of you guys have been thinking about one for 2012. So, what's your New Year's Resolution?

Mine happens to be pretty short. I really need to get a job since I'm about to graduate high school and I need money for college things. I also should get into the habit of studying. Lastly, I should really start exercising more.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
To quit being a quitter (DOH! CONTRADICTION!) and actually do something worth my time...And keep doing good in school. I also want to actually take the first step into doing something I want to do.

Warbad

Gotta love me!
Mine is to find a job to buy Skyward Sword, and finish it. Also my New Years Resolution is to actually start studying for my dream job,VideoGame designer.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
mine is to find and read all the dragonlance books i haven't read yet. did find the war of souls trilogy at the library the other day.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
For this year, I'm making a pledge to be healthier by getting enough exercise and eating right. I'm also making a pledge to find out what I want to be, if possible, and to draw some more. I'm sorry if you don't get this reference, but *puts pig nose on* BUEK! Have a happy new year everyone! :)

Jedizora

:right:
I'm going to try and get straight As. It would be great if I could, although Bs aren't bad either.

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
My aim is to get in shape, I wish to joining the Royal Marine Commando's as an officer when I graduate from uni next year and thus I need to be very fit ;). I also need to read brush up on skills and generally make sure I'm prepared. There are also other things I am aiming to do such as learn the violin but get in shape is the main one.

I'm going to try and get straight As. It would be great if I could, although Bs aren't bad either.

While I'm dyslexic and thus can't really commint too harshly I do feel the above shows the need for grammar. If you had written "I'm going to try and get straight A's" I probably wouldn't have spent so long trying to work out if there was a joke I missed or if it was a reference to the homosexuality thread :P .

My main one is to get into somewhat better shape. Or at least get a little bit stronger. Because I am rather weak, and I do get made fun of for that... I also want to get better grades in school.

*sigh* I find New Year's resolutions to be rather pointless and I've never really followed through with any of my past ones. Meh...

Mine is to become slightly less antisocial and actually try to make friends; it's been a while. I also hope to become more driven to complete the various projects I've set for myself that have been thrown by the wayside. Lastly, I think I'll cut back on the copious amounts of junk foods that I consume on a regular basis, and find healthier alternatives - this is crucial.

While I'm dyslexic and thus can't really commint too harshly I do feel the above shows the need for grammar. If you had written "I'm going to try and get straight A's" I probably wouldn't have spent so long trying to work out if there was a joke I missed or if it was a reference to the homosexuality thread :P .

I fail to understand how Jedizora's comment had anything to do with homosexuality?

Jedizora

:right:

Its not A's. If I had said A's, I would be saying "I'm going to try and get straight A is." So yeah. And I have no Idea what your talking about, I tend to stay out of the MD :/

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I fail to understand how Jedizora's comment had anything to do with homosexuality?

Maybe it is just British lingo but saying "I'm going to try and get drunk as" means I'm going to drink as heavily as I can, putting other words in place of drunk means they are going to do that to the best level they can. My brain just automatically assumed that the capital A was a typo (due to how common it is) and thus I read "I'm going to try and get straight as", straight meaning heterosexual. however if he had kept the apostrophe then such confusion would have been averted.

It wasn't meant to be an overly serious point, it was merely showing how a small error (or rather, alteration from the norm) can lead to a wee bit of confusion.

Its not A's. If I had said A's, I would be saying "I'm going to try and get straight A is." So yeah. And I have no Idea what your talking about, I tend to stay out of the MD :/

While you're right in the sense that As is correct, but the use of an apostrophe is not just for showing missing letters, but also for ownership and for uncommon words (e.g. mind your p's and q's, Dave and Sandra both got HND's). But as I said it wasn't meant to be overly serious.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom