• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will We See Tingle Again?

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I believe there's a few other threads on this but I'll answer your question anyway.

Tingle has been seen, and will be see in Japan and Europe. Nintendo believes that America hates Tingle, which is true for the most part. I'd say that 6 percent of the American population, playing Zelda, likes Tingle. Me being part of that 6 percent. It's highly unlikely that we'll see him again, here Stateside. I wish we would though.

I guess if you really want Tingle, you can go to the Star Game in Twilight Princess. The guy who runs the game is supposed to be a realistic version of Tingle.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
We will see more of Tingle, trust my psychic powers. I can feel it and he is beloved in Japan as someone stated, sometime, somewhere (could have been in this forum actually). And if you´re big in Japan, you matter!

L

Linkzeldafan4

Actually, I've heard that they are making a Zelda game for the DS with a lot of Tingle in it:

Tingle's Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland

Could be or could not be a rumor. And Geez, however they fit that title on a game box i'll never know!

Anyway, I found out about it on Wikipedia, so, if you're interested, you can check it out. :D

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Actually, I've heard that they are making a Zelda game for the DS with a lot of Tingle in it:

Tingle's Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland

Could be or could not be a rumor. And Geez, however they fit that title on a game box i'll never know!

Anyway, I found out about it on Wikipedia, so, if you're interested, you can check it out. :D
That game has been out for a very long time, but it was only released in Japan and Europe.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
That game has been out for a very long time, but it was only released in Japan and Europe.

Yes, and I own it, and I can say it is a very good game:)
Also, I think that if Tingle makes an appearance in a Zelda game again, it's probably in one of the cel-shaded/cartoonish titles, like a post PH game... I don't imagine him in a realistic game

Also, I think that if Tingle makes an appearance in a Zelda game again, it's probably in one of the cel-shaded/cartoonish titles, like a post PH game... I don't imagine him in a realistic game

Well you could say that MM was more realistic-like, since it was made using OoT's graphics, which at that time were meant to be more realistic looking.

But I believe I know what you mean; like TP realistic. I don't see Tingle being in a TP-like game. Its atmosphere was just too dark and moody for Tingle. So I wouldn't say that he wouldn't be in a realistic looking game again, just not that it would have the same feeling that TP did.

Anyways, I'm almost certain that Tingle will return. Its easy for them to rehash a memorable character to do an odd job in the game, and apparently there are people who like him. I personally don't find anything likable about Tingle, but it dosen't bother me when he shows up. Hes a bit of a freak though.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
But I believe I know what you mean; like TP realistic. I don't see Tingle being in a TP-like game. Its atmosphere was just too dark and moody for Tingle. So I wouldn't say that he wouldn't be in a realistic looking game again, just not that it would have the same feeling that TP did.

I guess you can be wright. But I also think that we must not forget that we found characters like the Postman and the guy that helps you get to the desert etc. in TP. I guess they are also funny freaks (in a positive way I use this word) that take away much of the seriousness of the game (not that it bothers me though).

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I don't quite remember. It might have been a developer interview. More or less, it's an easter egg.

It was said by Eiji Aonouma and Shigeru Myiamoto in an interview...

I guess the whole quote was:

We couldn't stand that guy(Tingle) in another game for now, and a realistic Tingle would call in for more hate. If you want to see what he would look like, or a character similar to him, go to the STAR game and see it's owner

I hope that we have seen the last of Tingle,but knowing Nintendo they will keep milking the horror that is Tingle.

I'd love to see more Tingle. Really I don't see what's wrong with him. Other than Wind Waker really in which I guess it's not the best, he's just a minor character that you can speed through in no time. Can't be that bad.

Kybyrian

I don't really see what the big deal is. He may look horrible and charge you outrageous amounts of rupees in WW but that doesn't mean you shouldn't like him. He's actually a pretty good character in terms of the whole story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom