• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Upset?

If Miyamoto came out tomorrow and said that there was no timeline would you be upset or would you be glad?

Amelie

Air Dancer
I really dont care myself. All the games are so similar to me that does a timeline really matter? I like sequels like what MM was to OoT. Other then that.. its a boy named Link and he goes to save Princess Zelda. Im not saying the timelines are bad.. but I dont really care if there really are any or not. Its just all very confusing to me ><

Seeing as timeline theories really annoy me, and I really don't care too much about them, I wouldn't be upset. I mean, I like speculating on timelines, and things like Amelie mentioned (Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time), as well as trying to order certain games; but it isn't something I'm too concerned with.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Not at all. In fact I'd get a sense of morbid pleasure from watching the timeline obsessed people's heads explode.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
It would be a huge relief, and it would be really funny to see all the theorists flipping out. Personally, I wouldn't care one bit.

F

FalseDestiny

I don't really care but there are times that people who obsess over when a game comes out are pretty funny when the timeline is made longer

I wouldn't really be upset. I'd still try to fit the games together, because as of right now there are a few really good possibilities as far as a legit timeline goes. At least until they did something that went against everything about a timeline, like use Ganondorf in a game set way up ahead on the supposid timeline.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
It would not make me upset, rather it would make me appreciate him even more! Why? Cause that would really prove he got some good senses of humor. And as I see it, humor is the most important thing in life!

I doubt they would ever say something like that. It would upset a lot of fans, and they want fans to be happy so they will keep buying the games :P

And I also doubt people will stop theorizing if they say there is no timeline. As long as it is possible to connect two games, there will always be a possible timeline...

I myself wouldn't be upset, but wouldn't be thrilled either...

And I also doubt people will stop theorizing if they say there is no timeline. As long as it is possible to connect two games, there will always be a possible timeline...
This.

Theorizing is my hobby. I'm not gonna stop just because Miyamoto says there's no timeline. Nintendo has said in the past that there is no timeline. (Mostly NoA has just said that, but still)

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
If Miyamoto came out tomorrow and said that there was no timeline would you be upset or would you be glad?

Considering the Zelda timeline, as complicated as it can be discussing it, is one thing that keeps a decent potion of the hardcore Zelda fans interested, I have no reason to think why Nintendo would ever do this.

I also think that Nintendo has somewhat hinted to this in the past. I believe they have said that they do not create games necessarily to progress the storyline as we'd like. Instead, they just create individual and unique games. Of course, they always through some connections that give is rough placement, but I don't think they ever intended for their to be a connected, full timeline.

I also think that there is too much material information available for them to say no timeline. Regardless if there is a 'real' timeline or not, it isn't going to stop Zelda fans from piecing the games togethor. There is clear evidence that certain games fit after others games. For example, regardless if there is an official timeline or not, I don't think you can find a qualfied person that would say Twilight Princess is AFTER Ocarina of Time. There is so much evidence to say that if you had to list these two games in chronological order, Twilight Princess would surely be second.

So ya, Nintendo's stance on the timeline has been blurry at best, sometimes inconsistant, etc... Some people believe in a linear timeline (Not a split timeline), and even after Eiji 'Confirmed' a split timeline. So regardless of what Nintendo says, us fans will continue to piece togethor the evidence and use our creative minds.

I'd be happy. Joyful. I mean this stuff contributes to every forum I'll give it that, but it just annoys me deeply when people try to piece together every little thing in every little game. Eh.

I think if Nintendo came out and said there was no timeline,I would be a little sad,since I spent a lot of time working on a timeline.
The only good that could come of it would be it would disprove the stupid New Hyrule theory.

Kybyrian

It really wouldn't matter to me. I don't participate in the timeline discussions that you see around here, but I do lurk around them, and I say leave it up to the people who care about that sort of stuff. But anyway, like I was saying, I wouldn't really care if he said it or not, even though I tend to lurk around this area and look at the timelines and sort of try to make understandings of them and go with something. Well, I guess you could say it would sort of crush a few thoughts that I had and make the Zelda series seem a bit... smaller, so to speak.

I wouldn't care one bit. I have never really cared for timeline theories in Zelda games. Seeing all those people argue about over something so trivial in my eyes irks me. I would like to see them go crazy about it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom