• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Certain Magical Round of Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Why does this always happen to me. Everything happens when I'm not online. I see how it is, trying to get Nicole to lose by posting the thread when she's not online. Conspiracy!

Vote: Xinnamin

I can't vote Austin because he'll kill me and this is close enough. =)

Seriously though, I don't mind getting rid of Josh whether he's scum or not. He's detrimental to the Town either way. However, I would be wary of the possibility of a Bomb or Jester. For now I will FoS: Josh, and if nothing else changes, I will probably make that a vote.

Austin

Austin
Xinnamin - 1 (Nicole)
Erebea - 2 (Jimmy, Axle)
Thareous - 1 (Jedizora)
Josh - 6 (Josh, Xinnamin, Thareous, Erebea, Kazumi, MadameMajora)

Nine votes for a majority lynch.

Sure Axle, there are obvious shenanigans going on. Trouble is with so many people playing for the lulz it'd be easy for scum to blend in. Xinnamin's done this the most, and plenty of people have joined in. David sticks out the most to me, he analysed someone else's first post in a serious manner and then said it was just for the lulz when someone accused him. Suspicious.

Thareous has been flip-flopping like nobody's business. He started out for the lulz and now claims to be playing seriously since people have started calling him up on it. Sounds strange to me.

Vote: Thareous

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
also, no mafia would vote for him or herself, the meaning is for them to STAY in the game.
Same could be said of the townies, as their goal is to stay alive as well. The only kind of player I can think of who'd want to be lynched is a Jester role, and that's a cheap-shot role that I'm inclined to believe Austin would have the kindness to not include in this round. P.sure Josh is just being, well, Josh. At any rate, I think the bandwagon on him is silly so....

Unvote: Josh

Same could be said of the townies, as their goal is to stay alive as well. The only kind of player I can think of who'd want to be lynched is a Jester role, and that's a cheap-shot role that I'm inclined to believe Austin would have the kindness to not include in this round. P.sure Josh is just being, well, Josh. At any rate, I think the bandwagon on him is silly so....

The goal of the game is for your side to win. For the mafia a death is riskier than for townies, as there are always more townies than mafia. Ergo mafia will be more cautious than townies.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I never told you to not look at it, I just think it looks silly to be verbally calling out suspicious actions on what are clearly just Day 1 shenanigans. Yeah there might be something hidden in there, but most of it probably isn't. That's not contradictory for me to say in any way.
Straaaaaaw man! By stating you think someone is "taking Day 1 too seriously" means they are looking at things they shouldn't be and they should stop. The point of RVS is to get something going, and to watch for patterns. Nothing too serious about it. You can't say at all why I've been too serious. I am playing, no vote casts, just looking asking questions, also already said this
This all could just be playful/trolling RVSing but I have nothing else to do right now so might as well not let anything go under the raider.
Thus you had no point or reason to say anything unless you needed me to "stop" looking. This is out of character of you, you know I don't bother RVSing and start playing the game right away looking for patterns, same as you do. Why the flip around now? Why can't Keyshe play as she always has? D: But you(kinda...), Jimmy and David can?

Well, more like a educated guess, I suppose. Besides, it has next to no basis, anyway. Its just narrowed down a bit.
If this is true I can see why you kinda called it still an RVS, as it's not that strong of vote, however I can see why Axle called this out. Stating something as actually suspicious then throwing at the end it's just an RVS, kinda comes off as trying to play it safe and down play it. Last time this was done it was a scum and Ky called him out on it.
Wait... it was you then too, in game 7 O_O Are you making the same mistake?

...Jedi, you said you felt that Thareous was the most suspicious. If this was some subconscious instinct that you can't really back up with facts, okay. We all have those, and they're not invalid to act on. But that's still nothing even remotely close to an RVS. You clearly have some reason for voting for Thareous.
:dry: Of course it's VALID to act upon it. It's still early in game and RVSing-loose-free votes thrown around. If he just sits on his suspicions and don't act nothing will progress, questioning Thareous and putting a vote is one way to put presser. WTF Axle?! Why are you trying to inhibit investigation?

Who are you protecting? Thareous or Xin? Or both?

Also Axle said:
And there is absolutely at least one scum in with the bandwagon on Josh, I'd say, but as of right now there's little to no way to determine who.
He agrees there is one scum on the wagon, but quickly says there isn't anyway to determine who. Sure sounds to me like he is saying it's pointless to even TRY. Best bet for a day 1 lynch is to go with the best scum-option, if flips wrong use the behavior and vote patterns to narrow it down the next lynch. There is plenty we can do to determine who is the mostly likely and narrow down the others from the info we get through later days. The only thing pointless is to not try. BAD Axle, FOS stands.

For those of you who just voted on Josh to play around/troll I recommended you take it off now he is getting a little close to a lynch. It's time we look into those voting, one of these people got to be scum. Xin hasn't lifted it, it looked just like a troll vote, but why does she still have it on him? Looking at the others now.

Seriously though, I don't mind getting rid of Josh whether he's scum or not. He's detrimental to the Town either way. However, I would be wary of the possibility of a Bomb or Jester. For now I will FoS: Josh, and if nothing else changes, I will probably make that a vote.
That's not true at all. Josh is an excellent player in this game when he takes it seriously.

Sure Axle, there are obvious shenanigans going on. Trouble is with so many people playing for the lulz it'd be easy for scum to blend in. Xinnamin's done this the most, and plenty of people have joined in. David sticks out the most to me, he analysed someone else's first post in a serious manner and then said it was just for the lulz when someone accused him. Suspicious.

Thareous has been flip-flopping like nobody's business. He started out for the lulz and now claims to be playing seriously since people have started calling him up on it. Sounds strange to me.
Of course. Action on Day 1 is crucial, even if the target most likely flips town. Just don't take your leads that seriously this early in the game, because statistically speaking you're probably wrong regardless of who it is you're voting for.

I definitely think you're reading too much into Xinn and Thareous, but we'll see. I'll give their previous posts a glance over in a bit. Right now I'm comfortable with my vote on Erebea.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

Agreed. And...

Vote: Thareous

Since it seems my seriousness is being questioned, I'll just remove my last shred of silliness. He doesn't have the threatening aspect of a Mafia scummy anyhow. Sorry, but the band(wagon) is breaking up.

Last edited:
EBWODP:

Keyshe, you need to calm the hell down, seriously. Glancing over your posts, it seemed like you were acting really serious about Day 1 shenanigans, so I made a one-sentence comment. I wasn't telling you to or to not do anything. That certainly doesn't warrant paragraphs of accusations.

Keyshe said:
Of course it's VALID to act upon it. It's still early in game and RVSing-loose-free votes thrown around. If he just sits on his suspicions and don't act nothing will progress, questioning Thareous and putting a vote is one way to put presser. WTF Axle?! Why are you trying to inhibit investigation?
I didn't inhibit anything. I was calling him out on labeling it an RVS, because I found that weird. Don't think there's anything weird about it now, though. Just didn't understand the term or word things well.

I also didn't tell Thareous (or whoever it was I said that to) not to try. The comment, "but as of right now there's little to no way to determine who.", was mostly speaking of my own thoughts on the matter and reaffirming that people should be careful about acting too certain. That's nothing more than I've ever said: Don't pretend you're certain because you aren't.

EBWODP: DAMMIT STOP POSTING BEFORE MY EBWODP GOES THROUGH.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Axle the Beast said:
That's not true at all. Josh is an excellent player in this game when he takes it seriously.

Which he isn't. My point stands. He causes a lot of confusion, and tbh it annoys me and I don't want to deal with it. You can never tell if he's Town or Scum because he plays with the same "lol no1 curr" meta almost every time. Of course, it's good to always use the same meta, but when your meta is trollish and for the lulz, it's just not helpful.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
EBWODP:

Keyshe, you need to calm the hell down, seriously. Glancing over your posts, it seemed like you were acting really serious about Day 1 shenanigans, so I made a one-sentence comment. I wasn't telling you to or to not do anything. That certainly doesn't warrant paragraphs of accusations.

I didn't inhibit anything. I was calling him out on labeling it an RVS, because I found that weird. Don't think there's anything weird about it now, though. Just didn't understand the term or word things well.

I also didn't tell Thareous (or whoever it was I said that to) not to try. The comment, "but as of right now there's little to no way to determine who.", was mostly speaking of my own thoughts on the matter and reaffirming that people should be careful about acting too certain. That's nothing more than I've ever said: Don't pretend you're certain because you aren't.

EBWODP: DAMMIT STOP POSTING BEFORE MY EBWODP GOES THROUGH.

Uh.. WTF? I am calm what's wrong with you? I'm playing mafia with no seriousness at all I just didn't care to throwing silly batter and RVS. Save for chit-chat with the mod and teasing Josh. What is with this post, are you play mafia or not?

Which he isn't. My point stands. He causes a lot of confusion, and tbh it annoys me and I don't want to deal with it. You can never tell if he's Town or Scum because he plays with the same "lol no1 curr" meta almost every time. Of course, it's good to always use the same meta, but when your meta is trollish and for the lulz, it's just not helpful.
How does he cause confusion? I understand that plenty of players can do so, like people who post a lot of things randomly, but I've never seen Josh as one of those types and he's never caused me any kind of confusion while playing with him. To boot, hardly anyone's been serious until just the last page or so.

Uh.. WTF? I am calm what's wrong with you? I'm playing mafia with no seriousness at all I just didn't care to throwing silly batter and RVS. Save for chit-chat with the mod and teasing Josh. What is with this post, are you play mafia or not?
I'm honestly not sure what to make of your post here, Key. This isn't your scum meta at all, so I'm not really suspicious, but it's not your normal meta either. You've never played like this; I'm a little thrown off. Bottom line is, if you make a comment to someone accusing them, expect them to post in defense. That's how people play Mafia.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
... but he isn't the only one who does that. Xin has been probably doing that all this game so far, same for Erebea, Thareous and Ky loves to flip round doing it when he get bored...

By the way Xin, um did you crumb your character's name or am I miss reading that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom