• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Architecture of Zelda

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Post what interesting architect in Zelda has caught your eye before and has poked questions into your brain. Here we are also going to try and decipher mysteries behind the architecture and it's words.

Ex. and choice: The paintings of Snow Peak Ruins, they catch my eye every now and then and make me wonder about the original owners of the ruins. Now I have to believe that this villa may have belonged to someone from Ordon because of a painting of Epona which I saw but that could just be a coincidence.

Temple of Time discovery: Words were found behind a switch. They seem to point out only gibberish but if anyone can decipher then be my guest. Or crack out your GCN version to try and translate yourself.
Mnopqabedef
Guijllrstuv

Last edited:
You mean the archtecture? I like the Palace of Winds and the Cityin the Sky a lot. And the Pyramid of Light in LttP too...

I mean, are the first 2 the same? And is the third one the same as the Temple of Light from OoT?

About Snowpeak Ruins, it probably belonged to the Royal Family. If you notice well, the crest used in the doors can also be found outside of Hyrule Castle in OoT and in the throne room in LttP.

I'll get the images and post them here the next time i come...

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
Post what interesting architect in Zelda has caught your eye before and has poked questions into your brain.

Ex. and choice: The paintings of Snow Peak Ruins, they catch my eye every now and then and make me wonder about the original owners of the ruins. Now I have to believe that this villa may have belonged to someone from Ordon because of a painting of Epona which I saw but that could just be a coincidence.

Theres also pictures of some Ordon goats, and there is also a picture that had a guy on it and it looked so much like the mayor of Ordon. Im 95% sure its him.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Theres also pictures of some Ordon goats, and there is also a picture that had a guy on it and it looked so much like the mayor of Ordon. Im 95% sure its him.

Well, that mystery is solved I suppose. I wonder what he was doing there, perhaps it was some sort of villa or something like that.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
Well, that mystery is solved I suppose. I wonder what he was doing there, perhaps it was some sort of villa or something like that.

It looked like he was wearing some sort of fancy red coat, one that you would normally see someone of royalty wearing? It really confused me a lot.
Im going to try and look for it soon so I can remember exactly what room that it was in.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
I've always liked the architecture in gerudo valley (OoT), since it is inspired by desert kind of construction (islamic/arabic I believe). Since I'm about a year away of graduating from college and becoming an architect, I'm interested in this kind of stuff lol. The whole "block" kind of architecture, that's not so much about the outside but about the inside, due to the extreme heat of such locations, the thick walls to isolate temperature and add the fact that it is like...one block next to the other or above another for the same temperature isolation idea.

very nice thread :)

17.jpg

http://www.aromeo.net/archives/medinaazahara2.jpeg (real life comparison)

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Another piece of Architecture that has interested me as of late is the Stone Tower temple.
Stone_Towers_Enhanced_by_GiyganMage.png

It's design is strange to say the least, although it seems to appear as a ritual area for Majora since the begginging of the temple resembles Majora's face and Majora's wrath when flipped over. There is also one room in the temple where the light shines near what appears to be an alter chamber. (It is the room with armos and the one beam of light going down on the room with lava seperating one side from the other. The cactus like outside seems to suggest something of many, if only we could see what was in those holes. There is also the theory on ZU about the tower being a symbol of defiance to the goddesses.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Well I don't know if this counts, but the paintings in Hyrule Castle in the Wind Waker always caught my eye. Seems too me that Tetra's pirates are descendants of members of the Royal family, or perhaps servants.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
The thing that caught my eye the most would be the Temple of Time from TP.
In the past, it looked so magnificent, simply breathtaking, then in the present, it's nothing but ruins. I usually wonder about how long it's been between the two times (was the 'past' set during OoT or not?), as well as what factors caused the temple to fall into that state (besides apparent abandonment and the growing of the forest).

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Well I don't know if this counts, but the paintings in Hyrule Castle in the Wind Waker always caught my eye. Seems too me that Tetra's pirates are descendants of members of the Royal family, or perhaps servants.

That is true according to the painting, since it resembles them. I'm guessing that they guided her ancestor to one of the high mountains when the world had flooded.

The thing that caught my eye the most would be the Temple of Time from TP.
In the past, it looked so magnificent, simply breathtaking, then in the present, it's nothing but ruins. I usually wonder about how long it's been between the two times (was the 'past' set during OoT or not?), as well as what factors caused the temple to fall into that state (besides apparent abandonment and the growing of the forest).

It must have been...THE MONKEYS! All joking aside however, my guess is that when a new Hyrule Castle was built, they could not remove the sword from it's pedestal without the hero and so they left it there and planted the sacred grove with mysterious powers in order to protect the blade.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I really liked ( I think Temple of Time ? ) in tp because there's a door. Just sitting there. And you open it and just walk in and you are actually inside the temple. To me, that was freakin awesome! Also, city in the sky was neat. It wasn't a challenging temple but the design was very cool. You can tell that every temple's architectual design was well thought out and very amazing. I was excited to go to the next temple to see what it would look like. Tp did an awesome job with the designs of the game.

My favourite places in terms of architecture are the Temple of Time in TP and the Forest and Spirit Temples in OoT.

The Temple of Time was very humbling. The building had so much history (heck, it dealt with history itself!) and every inch of it seemed important. I could almost hear the ancient footsteps of the priests who once walked through the temple, muttering prayers and carrying out rituals. I also really loved the ancient Greek-style carvings on the walls.

The Forest Temple looked like a castle that was conquered by nature (and maybe it was). You can't help but wonder who lived there, and how it fell into ruin. Perhaps the foliage enveloping the structure and the fact that the place is overrun with beasts serves as a warning to those who attempt to take away the forest's magic.

The Spirit Temple, like the Temple of Time, is another "holy place", which I am really fascinated by. I like the outside architecture the best, with the giant statue of the Goddess of the Sand. Again, like the Temple of Time, the whole place really feels important.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
My favourite places in terms of architecture are the Temple of Time in TP and the Forest and Spirit Temples in OoT.

The Temple of Time was very humbling. The building had so much history (heck, it dealt with history itself!) and every inch of it seemed important. I could almost hear the ancient footsteps of the priests who once walked through the temple, muttering prayers and carrying out rituals. I also really loved the ancient Greek-style carvings on the walls.

The Forest Temple looked like a castle that was conquered by nature (and maybe it was). You can't help but wonder who lived there, and how it fell into ruin. Perhaps the foliage enveloping the structure and the fact that the place is overrun with beasts serves as a warning to those who attempt to take away the forest's magic.

The Spirit Temple, like the Temple of Time, is another "holy place", which I am really fascinated by. I like the outside architecture the best, with the giant statue of the Goddess of the Sand. Again, like the Temple of Time, the whole place really feels important.

In truth you bring up a good question there on the forest temple, however unless some extensive study is done of the environment we're not gonna get far.
However I have a theory, perhaps the forest temple is the corpse of the Deku Tree, since we know that the Deku tree is hollow. From the outside you can also see that it appears to be a tree.

Say... Lonley_Moon you might just be a genius for putting this thought into my mind.

Faron Woods happens to be inside of Hyrule territory so perhaps there might be more at the bottom of that gorge than meets the eye. This shall need some study.

In truth you bring up a good question there on the forest temple, however unless some extensive study is done of the environment we're not gonna get far.
However I have a theory, perhaps the forest temple is the corpse of the Deku Tree, since we know that the Deku tree is hollow. From the outside you can also see that it appears to be a tree.

Say... Lonley_Moon you might just be a genius for putting this thought into my mind.

Faron Woods happens to be inside of Hyrule territory so perhaps there might be more at the bottom of that gorge than meets the eye. This shall need some study.

I was actually talking about the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time. But yes, I do think that its TP equivalent is the hollowed-out Deku Tree.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I was actually talking about the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time. But yes, I do think that its TP equivalent is the hollowed-out Deku Tree.

If it was the forest temple it would have more of an outline of stone. I mean even if the forest overtook the rock, there should be pieces of stone left to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom