• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New star trek movie

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Almost all I can say is this: Are there 100 Star Trek movies? Or was it just a long series and only a few movies? There´s been a lot of Star Trek on the television over the years. Maybe it is time for me to start appreciate it?

Almost all I can say is this: Are there 100 Star Trek movies? Or was it just a long series and only a few movies? There´s been a lot of Star Trek on the television over the years. Maybe it is time for me to start appreciate it?

There are five different series:

Star Trek: The Original Series - 3 seasons = The old 60s show with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy, which are the most popular characters in the entire Star Trek universe.

Star Trek: The Next Generation - 7 seasons = A late 80s early 90s show that takes place almost 100 years after the Original Series.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - 7 seasons = A 90s show. Takes place during the same time as The Next Generation, but takes place aboard a space station. It has much more action and combat than the previous two series, so many more people like it.

Star Trek: Voyager - 7 seasons = A late 90s early 00s show. Occurs right after The Next Generation ends.

Star Trek: Enterprise - 4 seasons = A 00s show, and a prequel to the Original Series, it takes place about 100 years before it. Very action based, almost as much as Deep Space Nine.

There have been ten movies so far.

The Original Series movies:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek: The Search for Spock
Star Trek: The Voyage Home
Star Trek: The Fianl Frontier
Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country

The Next Generation movies:

Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Nemesis

The new movie will be based on the Original Series and its characters, Kirk, Spock, ect.

Last edited:
G

Gravity

Btw, did you know the voice of the ship's computer in the movie is the voice of...what did it say ? I tihnk it said Gene roddenberry's wife.

Yes. She was also Number One from the original TOS pilot episode, Nurse Chapel from TOS, and Lwaxana Troi in TNG & DS9.

My dad's only major gripe is that they were assembling the Enterprise on Earth. Apparently it was built in space and was never meant for landing on planets. I'm sure my uncle is having conniptions about all the stuff they ended up changing.

ME TOO. It was built while in orbit, not on the planet. And where's Christopher Pike? And Robert April? Spock served on the Enterprise long before Kirk ever did. Don't get me started with all this.

DID SOMEBODY SAY STAR TREK?? I LOVE star trek!! *is excited already*. Voyager was my fav.

Voyager was the most dull of the series', by far.

Ugh....I always say archer instead of kirk....X0

Blasphemy.

ME TOO. It was built while in orbit, not on the planet. And where's Christopher Pike? And Robert April? Spock served on the Enterprise long before Kirk ever did. Don't get me started with all this.

Have you seen the new trailer? Pike is the one saying, "You've always had a hard time finding your place in this world."

Right after that it shows Sulu punching Kirk across the face in a bar. :D

I'm going to bump this thread because for all of you fans out there, we have a new trailer!

It's more of a "plot" trailer, giving us some info about what's going to happen in this new movie. I thought the most important element of the trailer was the fact that Kirk's father had saved 200 people when he captained a star ship for only 12 minutes. Kirk is convinced by Pike to try and do something better than his father, which leads Kirk into joining Star Fleet.

Wow, just about four more days until its release, and it seems to be everywhere. I've seen ads on the front of cereal boxes, Disney Channel commercials aimed at little kids, action figures in Wal-Mart, collectors cups in Burger King, and even little kids meals toys at Burger King. Apparently, this movie is turning out to be something much bigger than I thought it would be. Like I said, the release date is just four days away, and I'm now expecting a lot from it. I hope I'm not disappointed like I was with other movies. *coughcoughPushcough*

Just got back from seeing it, and boy am I impressed.

It wasn't perfect of course, but it nailed some key elements. Character development is probably its strongest point, and it had an excellent amount of "eye candy fight scenes" while keeping a good strong plot. I didn't like how little screen time Pike got, and how Spock gets together with someone, but besides that, I loved it.

It was obviously made with both Trek fans and the general audience in mind.

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
Seriously that was great i also just got back from it and i liked it MUCH more than i thought i would. And what really impressed me was that most of the characters look about like how you would expect them to look as 20 year olds.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
One word: Fantastic. Beyond what I was expecting. This is exactly the pep-shot the Star Trek franchise needed to get back on its feet. I can't wait for the sequel. Leonard Nimoy, you are my god!

I can't wait for the sequel.

Oh, there will be one, no doubt about it. I've looked up reviews and its box office performance, and both of them are amazing. This movie is still 96% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes based on about 204 positive reviews. Every other review I read either gave it 4 or 5 stars based on their scale. It's only gotten two negatives according to Wikipedia, some UK magazine, and that moron Roger Egbert (Or whatever his name is :P) who doesn't like any movies these days.

Keeping in mind that it's only been available to the public for three and a half days, this movie had already raked in 54 million in the box office.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I'll bet my left foot the next villain will be none other then Khan. Since its a reboot, we get to see them meeting again and it will end with Khan stranded on Ceti Alpha V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom