• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword's Difficulty

I got the game yesterday, I've been playing for some time, I'm at the Faron woods. I've defeated some Bokoblin and I found them to be quite a challenge for the first time. I was expecting the fight to be a lot easier, I was surprised when the Bokoblin successfully defended himself from a lot of my strikes. Is this normal or do I just suck?

MW7

Very normal, it takes a while to get used to combat. You are probably more likely to die in the first dungeon than probably anywhere else in the game because of this. Don't worry and be sure to take potions with you.

Incredibly easy. I only died a few times and it was mostly because I wasn't used to the 1:1 motion controls. Hero mode actually seemed easy considering it was my second go around on the game.

i would mostly say that you dont suck but that the gaming controls arent advanced quite enough, sometimes the motion isnt read clearly enough but thats just becuz of todays technology, so keep trying so u can get the hang of how to control it :D

E

Elli

In the Final Battle i was so proud because it took me two tries. Now that i'm playing in Hero Mode it gives me the shivers... but yeah in the beginning i found myself being challenged even by something as simple as a Bokoblin. Don't worry though it's gets easier as time goes on.

Getting used to the controls can be somewhat difficult on your first play through. I actually beat the game about 13 hours shorter on my second play through, and did a lot more of the side quests. Once you get used to the timing everything becomes extremely easy.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, it is quite normal to have a challenge the first time through. It's completely natural, and due to the new controls. Once you take the rather smooth (imo) learning curve, you will have no trouble at all with any enemy. I expect your playthrough to go something like:

*In new area, encounters a new enemy* Takes a lot of damage or even dies, hit Retry, defeat enemy with newfound knowledge and you continue on until you encounter the next new enemy.

Do not worry a thing, it is only natural for problems to occur the first time through. Once you remember enemy AI, the game becomes so ridiculously easy, you'll laugh at the perceived "difficulty".

I rank it between the easiest (ALTTP, LA, OOT, TWW, and TP) and the hardest (LOZ, Zelda II, and MM) in difficulty. Personally the bosses were more challenging in Hero Mode (except for the three fights with Ghirahim and Demise in regular mode) and that's why I love playing in Hero mode. The difficulty is just right and its presented throughout the game's play through.

Last edited:
To be honest this game is pretty dificult and beating it without using the ZD walkthrough made me a better gamer. Don't think you suck cause I think everybody died a couple times near the beginning.

Skyward sword is not that hard on normal mode but it takes some getting use to. though on hero mode doing a six heart run with no shield or potions is extremely difficult.

I even didn't need to get used to the controls.... the game is incredibly easy, matbe even easier than TP.

Big Octo

=^)
For me, it wasn't that hard. I was generally good at combat and didn't have much trouble. I didn't use a walk-through for anything, as I didn't need to.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
a lot of the enemies have a weird ability where they can suddenly change their stance to block you attack

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
a lot of the enemies have a weird ability where they can suddenly change their stance to block you attack
It's just the frame data and the response time. It appears that the enemy is in stance A, but the game recognizes them in stance B so when you actually swing, they block your attack. That's another issue with this game, the hit detection..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom