• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Twilight Princess Vs Skyward Sword

Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword?

• Twilight Princess(2006)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skyward Sword(2011)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
recently finished Skyward Sword and all along I was comparing it to Twilight Princess so here's my comparison of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword:

[video=youtube;J_Y7F_2HopU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Y7F_2HopU[/video]

Do you agree with me?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
1 I agree with you there about the story. I much preferred the dark storyline and sense of impending doom of TP.
2 I also preferred Midna like you, much better personality wise, although Fi's enemy info was better as she actually tells you the names of things.
3 I think SS has better characters and development on some of those characters. Groose as you mentioned was my absolute favourite. But In TP I preferred the ability to talk to lots of different races and SS did not provide that. The characters that were developed well in SS were the best out of all the games though, so I agree with you giving that point to SS.
4 SS has my favourite swordplay, the 1:1 was great. Only thing I missed was the backslash.
5Did not enjoy the loftwing, very much. I felt the motion control hindered the gameplay and was unnecessary. I also disliked the fact that you could not really attack whilst on the bird, only diving into things. I much preferred Epona from TP, you could slash whilst on her back and also take in the scenery whilst riding her. In SS it was just clouds to look at. Boooring after a few hours.
6 I think SS's dungeon music was excellent and the best in the series. I also loved the fact that it was all orchestrated. I also had the same issue as you though that some music did not fit the scene. I'm sure we can all remember the first Stalfos we fight in Skyview. I wanted to go and Waltz with it rather than being threatened by it. I also think that Demise's intro could have been done better, rather than using Batreaux's intro followed by the Imprisoned battle music, which really does not make me think:Impending doom. TP's music all fit and felt epic. Even though it would have been much better if it was all orchestrated.
7 Unlike you, I shall give my final battle point to TP. The reason being, the fights against Ganon really gave the player the feeling that this is an unstoppable foe, that this is the series villain and he deserves his title. Demise played better than the final sword fight with Ganondorf, but once it is mastered it is far too short. I also found Ghirahim to be incredibly easy and not particularly epic in the way that Dark beast Ganon was. If it was on hairstyle of villains, Demise would win hands down though:lol:

I would give TP a 5-2 win here. SS I would rank under OOT and TP on my list of favourites.
I enjoyed your video and you brought up some good points.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
1 I agree with you there about the story. I much preferred the dark storyline and sense of impending doom of TP.
2 I also preferred Midna like you, much better personality wise, although Fi's enemy info was better as she actually tells you the names of things.
3 I think SS has better characters and development on some of those characters. Groose as you mentioned was my absolute favourite. But In TP I preferred the ability to talk to lots of different races and SS did not provide that. The characters that were developed well in SS were the best out of all the games though, so I agree with you giving that point to SS.
4 SS has my favourite swordplay, the 1:1 was great. Only thing I missed was the backslash.
5Did not enjoy the loftwing, very much. I felt the motion control hindered the gameplay and was unnecessary. I also disliked the fact that you could not really attack whilst on the bird, only diving into things. I much preferred Epona from TP, you could slash whilst on her back and also take in the scenery whilst riding her. In SS it was just clouds to look at. Boooring after a few hours.
6 I think SS's dungeon music was excellent and the best in the series. I also loved the fact that it was all orchestrated. I also had the same issue as you though that some music did not fit the scene. I'm sure we can all remember the first Stalfos we fight in Skyview. I wanted to go and Waltz with it rather than being threatened by it. I also think that Demise's intro could have been done better, rather than using Batreaux's intro followed by the Imprisoned battle music, which really does not make me think:Impending doom. TP's music all fit and felt epic. Even though it would have been much better if it was all orchestrated.
7 Unlike you, I shall give my final battle point to TP. The reason being, the fights against Ganon really gave the player the feeling that this is an unstoppable foe, that this is the series villain and he deserves his title. Demise played better than the final sword fight with Ganondorf, but once it is mastered it is far too short. I also found Ghirahim to be incredibly easy and not particularly epic in the way that Dark beast Ganon was. If it was on hairstyle of villains, Demise would win hands down though:lol:

I would give TP a 5-2 win here. SS I would rank under OOT and TP on my list of favourites.
I enjoyed your video and you brought up some good points.

Demise's hair was awesome and, as you say, once you get the pattern down, both his battles aren't too bad but most of the bosses are like that. it was the ending that won SS the point in that section. OoT would be in my top 5 (but where? that will make sense if you saw the credits) but the technological advances of SS put it in front. if they did an enhanced remake of OoT then MAYBE it could be in front but it would depend what they do to it.
With Fi, she stated the obvious a bit too much, the biggest one (SPOILERS) when part of Skyloft fell to the surface to seal Demise and then Fi comes ou and says "i have confirmed that part of Skyloft has fallen to the surface". REALLY, FI, I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED. Midna rules.

i won't go on any more, thanks for the comment, glad you liked the comparison and it's nice to have someone agree with more for once

the story line was better in TP because there was just a feel of faer whilst excitement at the same time and a good game altogether!

I agree with you completely, but I still cannot say that one game is better than the other. I like them both equally. I also missed the Zoras. I was looking forward to seeing them, but they never made a single appearance. There was at least one Goron in SS but not even a single Zora? =[

I pretty much agree with you on every aspect, seriously! Demise was super difficult for me because he NEVER gave you a resting moment. While battles with Ghirahim were slow and calculating, Demise would rather dash and attack than look at you twice. Because of that, I nearly always ended up sacrificing hearts just to get a swig of a heart potion... it was difficult-- I was never at full health when fighting him!

One thing that I LOVED about TP were the graphics. They were so realistic and detailed that I fell in love with them from the moment I saw them. SS being cel-shaded was interesting and I did like the art style and the cartoon-ness of it all (after a while, not even noticing it because I was so entrapped in the storyline) but the fact that TP was "realistic" made me feel more involved in the game-- like I was actually there.

While the world of SS was amazing and fun to explore, but it was difficult to decide if I liked it or not. There were a lot of things to explore within each region and I loved going on the hunts for things that had fallen beneath the clouds, but truly, the fact that you could ride Epona through the entire land and that there were so many nooks and crannies of TP's Hyrule, it really won me over. Ever since I was little, I've wanted a horse and Epona in TP was just so beautiful! I loved that they switched Link's riding style with her from English to Western... it gave it an earthier feel. She was so huge too! I loved that you could jump into your saddle from behind her and that she would just take off from there... I loved it!

Great points, I really liked all of them! I do usually base my final vote on the storyline, so while I tended to like more aspects of Twilight Princess, because the storyline was more involved, I'd have to give my end vote to Skyward Sword. But they both have their merits! I love playing them both!

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
the story line was better in TP because there was just a feel of faer whilst excitement at the same time and a good game altogether!

as much is the nice, colourful surface was in SS, it took away the dread of the evil demon that could destroy everything. TP did a great job of keeping up the tension.

I agree with you completely, but I still cannot say that one game is better than the other. I like them both equally. I also missed the Zoras. I was looking forward to seeing them, but they never made a single appearance. There was at least one Goron in SS but not even a single Zora? =[

the Zora not being in SS was a huge shame, the Goron was a great character but the Zora are such an awesome race. Was hoping they would be in Lake Floria but instead got...whaetever those things were

Skyward sword. I just had more fun playing ss than tp

fun factor was probably about the same, had a lot of fun playing both. though there were a few points in SS where i got a bit fed up (like collecting the Tadnotes, what the hell was that for? after everything Link's gone through that dragon doesn't believe he's the chosen one so gets him to collect the notes to prove it to her? stupid dragon) but overall there was much fun to be had

I pretty much agree with you on every aspect, seriously! Demise was super difficult for me because he NEVER gave you a resting moment. While battles with Ghirahim were slow and calculating, Demise would rather dash and attack than look at you twice. Because of that, I nearly always ended up sacrificing hearts just to get a swig of a heart potion... it was difficult-- I was never at full health when fighting him!

One thing that I LOVED about TP were the graphics. They were so realistic and detailed that I fell in love with them from the moment I saw them. SS being cel-shaded was interesting and I did like the art style and the cartoon-ness of it all (after a while, not even noticing it because I was so entrapped in the storyline) but the fact that TP was "realistic" made me feel more involved in the game-- like I was actually there.

While the world of SS was amazing and fun to explore, but it was difficult to decide if I liked it or not. There were a lot of things to explore within each region and I loved going on the hunts for things that had fallen beneath the clouds, but truly, the fact that you could ride Epona through the entire land and that there were so many nooks and crannies of TP's Hyrule, it really won me over. Ever since I was little, I've wanted a horse and Epona in TP was just so beautiful! I loved that they switched Link's riding style with her from English to Western... it gave it an earthier feel. She was so huge too! I loved that you could jump into your saddle from behind her and that she would just take off from there... I loved it!

Great points, I really liked all of them! I do usually base my final vote on the storyline, so while I tended to like more aspects of Twilight Princess, because the storyline was more involved, I'd have to give my end vote to Skyward Sword. But they both have their merits! I love playing them both!

you make some good points and i agree with a lot of them. Part of what made Demise difficult was there was very little room for error, if you dodged a fraction of a second too late, you got hit and, as you say, he was very much on the offensive, think i managed to drink a potion without getting hit on one occasion, but that was probably fluke. having the more realistic look in TP was better but the 'picture come to life' look for SS was very good, though sometimes it made things look a bit pixelated, especially the doors in the academy. worth being delayed to get it the way it turned out? DEFINITELY

Yahtzee didn't like it, WHAT A SURPRISE!

Twilight princess has amazing graphics and the storyline is great! Skyward Sword doesn't realy have any towns to explore and there's not many places to go, so Twilight Princess it is!

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Twilight princess has amazing graphics and the storyline is great! Skyward Sword doesn't realy have any towns to explore and there's not many places to go, so Twilight Princess it is!

Kakariko or any of the other town's haven't been made yet so it's understandable there are no other villages to explore but, yes, it would have been nice if there was some sort of village to look around.

should have added a poll

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I can see why you thought that Twilight Princess was better, but I personally think that Skyward Sword is better. True, TP did have that more realistic and looming feel to it, but I think I liked the lighter feel of SS better. Twilight Princess use to be my favorite as well. Then I played Majora's Mask.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I can see why you thought that Twilight Princess was better, but I personally think that Skyward Sword is better. True, TP did have that more realistic and looming feel to it, but I think I liked the lighter feel of SS better. Twilight Princess use to be my favorite as well. Then I played Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask? i would bring up my OoT vs MM review but that tends to come down to the last point for favouritism and it's one of those 'there's just SOMETHING about it' things. even so, you played TP before MM? that's quite unusual. i can see why some people would prefer SS to TP but the reason you prefer SS is one of the main reasons i preferred TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom