• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Aonuma continue to make Zelda games?

In Nintendo Power #236 Eiji Aonuma said that he won't quit making Zelda games till he can surpass OOT.
Is that a good decision or should he just stop?
I think that he should keep making Zelda games.
I thought that WW and TP were better then OOT.
What does everyone else think?

Yes, if my knowledge of zelda is right he basically made WW and TP. And helped with OoT. Hell yes I'd love the dude back forever.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
WW was a great game, but I don't know what he decided to do with TP. It didn't have the same goodness as WW did. He needs to be creative with how he plots out the storyline, like in WW, and then he can worry about the rest of it.

I agree. I'd definitely like to see Aonuma make more Zelda games. He did some incredible work with The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and Majora's Mask.

Considering his previous work, I'd love to see more of his work. However, I would want to see something more original, more complex plots, basically things that haven't been done before in Zelda, or at least not that much.

He should absolutely continue to make Zelda games. Aonuma has some very good game design ideals - just read some of his interviews! He has contributed to all the 3D Zeldas so far, and they are excellently designed, so he must be doing something right.

As for this whole Twilight Princess argument going on, now that I think about it, the game did have a slightly "rushed" vibe to it. Maybe if they had more time to work on it, it would have been that game that surpassed OoT.

Amelie

Air Dancer
WW was a great game, but I don't know what he decided to do with TP. It didn't have the same goodness as WW did. He needs to be creative with how he plots out the storyline, like in WW, and then he can worry about the rest of it.

I agree with this! I liked TWW and TP was ok but not great. I think he should keep makeing them if he is going to really think it out good like he did with TWW... or better if possible ^^

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Both TP and OoT were good, but they can't be compared to the greatness of OoT.
Only Majora's mask is better and ALttP can be compared.
Swiftblade, that was not a nice thing to say, you know?

I really have no problems with Aonuma. MM was a great game, and WW, TP, and PH were pretty darn good. My only problem with him is that he seems to be heading more towards easier games, as all of the ones he worked, except for MM (which was extremely hard) have been quite easy.

H

haley

No game will ever pass ocarina of time.

Not only is it the best zelda game. Its probley the best game ever. I only have about one word to describe it, Amazing.

No game will ever pass ocarina of time.

Not only is it the best zelda game. Its probley the best game ever. I only have about one word to describe it, Amazing.

You do know that it's a opinion right.
You might think that it's the best game ever,someone else might like a different game more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom