• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Top Five Favorite Races in Zelda - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
Hi, I wanted to try something here, just to see what would happen.

I would like you to produce your Top 5 Races in All Zelda History, however when you do, I want you to post WHY. It can be a breif reason, but the more you say the better it is. Another thing I would like to ask is you have to comment on a post before you when you post your list.

The reason for this is to explore and have more engaging discussions. That and I am sure you would like to talk about your list and reasons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Skull Kids
- Though Technically not a race but moreso humans/hylians that are trapped into the lost forest turning into immortal cursed lost boys that are forever trapped to sing and play flutes in the forest. The lore behind it is unique and eerie, but I love it too.

4. Minish
- These creatures are amazing to me, it makes me just wish it was real, I love the idea of these small creatures invisible to the human eye and only able to be seen by children because of their imagination. It just seems so magical, and how they just put items in the pots and such. I feel like I owe them a debt of gratitude.

3. Gerudo
- Amazons in the desert.... only has birth to one male every 100 years... the first born in those 100 years is Ganondorf. Man... interesting history you have there ladies. I found them to be interesting because they seem like they are people that have to force themselves to do bad things to just survive. I mean, they live in the desert. In Zelda games, you might as well call that "hell"

2. The Ancient Tribe that Built the Stone Temple Tower in Majora's Mask
- One of my favorite Religious stories is "the Tower of Babel" And the Stone Temple Tower reminds me of that story but in the form of a level. However because of that, I see the remains that they left behind, the fact that they could build such a tower so long ago.... it makes me WANT to know them.

1. Gorons
- Ok this race, I feel like they HAVE to be in the game or else it is empty, they're lovable, derpy, just fun hunks of stone. Their culture just make me think of dwarfs, and seeing I am a big fan of "the Hobbit" I can't help but imagine them singing, as they do their chants. I can't help but smile whenever I see them in a game, they make me feel as though things are right in the world and that I'm playing a Zelda game.

Last edited:

AwesomeZeldaFan

Fierce Deity
5. Skull Kids
- Though Technically not a race but moreso humans/hylians that are trapped into the lost forest turning into immortal cursed lost boys that are forever trapped to sing and play flutes in the forest. The lore behind it is unique and eerie, but I love it too.

4. Minish
- These creatures are amazing to me, it makes me just wish it was real, I love the idea of these small creatures invisible to the human eye and only able to be seen by children because of their imagination. It just seems so magical, and how they just put items in the pots and such. I feel like I owe them a debt of gratitude.

3. Gerudo
- Amazons in the desert.... only has birth to one male every 100 years... the first born in those 100 years is Ganondorf. Man... interesting history you have there ladies. I found them to be interesting because they seem like they are people that have to force themselves to do bad things to just survive. I mean, they live in the desert. In Zelda games, you might as well call that "hell"

2. The Ancient Tribe that Built the Stone Temple Tower in Majora's Mask
- One of my favorite Religious stories is "the Tower of Babel" And the Stone Temple Tower reminds me of that story but in the form of a level. However because of that, I see the remains that they left behind, the fact that they could build such a tower so long ago.... it makes me WANT to know them.

1. Gorons
- Ok this race, I feel like they HAVE to be in the game or else it is empty, they're lovable, derpy, just fun hunks of stone. Their culture just make me think of dwarfs, and seeing I am a big fan of "the Hobbit" I can't help but imagine them singing, as they do their chants. I can't help but smile whenever I see them in a game, they make me feel as though things are right in the world and that I'm playing a Zelda game.

Skull Kids should be 3 and Gerudos should be one with Gorons at 2.
Here is my list!

5.Zora
The princess wears no clothes. What else do you need!

4. Gorons
Instead of rickrolling, its rockrolling!

3. Skull Kids
Did you see the one in Sacred Grove and in MM

2. Deity
They created the triforce, beat Demise and lifted the ground!

1. Ancient Robots
One word, "Zrrt!"

1. The Bird people from wind waker (can't remember the name), Because they can fly! and they live on an island with a dragon! and and... THERE POSTMEN!!! : []
2. Zora, They are awesome looking kinda fish people.
3. Minish, They are pretty smart and sneaky because there soo small :P
4. Gorons, There just awesome strong and friendly. (well most of the time >_>)
5. Gerudo, Because there all chicks and i wonder how they reproduce if a guy isnt there. (if a guy is there lucky him lol xD)

1.Gorons-Half Man,Half Boulder!
2.Zora-Half Man,Half Fish!
3.Skull Kid-So mysterious....
4.Kikwi-They may be wimps....BUT THEY'RE SO ADORABLE
5.Minish-So thats why there are rupees in the grass.....

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
1. The Bird people from wind waker (can't remember the name), Because they can fly! and they live on an island with a dragon! and and... THERE POSTMEN!!! : []
5. Gerudo, Because there all chicks and i wonder how they reproduce if a guy isnt there. (if a guy is there lucky him lol xD)

1.Gorons-Half Man,Half Boulder!
2.Zora-Half Man,Half Fish!
3.Skull Kid-So mysterious....
4.Kikwi-They may be wimps....BUT THEY'RE SO ADORABLE
5.Minish-So thats why there are rupees in the grass.....

Both of you didn't comment on someone else's list, I asked if you could in the first post.

--------------------------------------------------

Skull Kids should be 3 and Gerudos should be one with Gorons at 2.
Here is my list!

5.Zora
The princess wears no clothes. What else do you need!

4. Gorons
Instead of rickrolling, its rockrolling!

3. Skull Kids
Did you see the one in Sacred Grove and in MM

2. Deity

1. Ancient Robots
One word, "Zrrt!"

Is it because their cultures are more important in the games that they appear, or is it just that you like them more?

And Interesting, I didn't think about the Deities as a race, though they are in a strange way.

Last edited:

The Bird people are called the Rito.

1. Goron - I just love the whole "brotherhood" theme they have.
2. Rito - Easily my favorite way interpretation of the Postman. Why the hell did they get replaced with that... thing in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks?
3. Zora - At least the version of them from OoT and onwards. They're just cool fish people.
4. Deku - They're so cute!
5. Ancient Robots - Adorable robots? Yes please.

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
The Bird people are called the Rito.

1. Goron - I just love the whole "brotherhood" theme they have.
2. Rito - Easily my favorite way interpretation of the Postman. Why the hell did they get replaced with that... thing in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks?
3. Zora - At least the version of them from OoT and onwards. They're just cool fish people.
4. Deku - They're so cute!
5. Ancient Robots - Adorable robots? Yes please.

The Gorons just seem to be the most important race that you interact with, because they are the most alien, but most friendly if you become one of their ranks, it feels like you really do become their brothers.

The Deku are an awesome tribe, but I found them to be jerks to non Deku's, so it is hard for me to enjoy them as Link. Even in Majora's Mask, they were jerks to Deku Link, and they only let him in to see a monkey get tortured because of treason.

I never Liked the Zora because their race has never.... shown anything interesting besides being fish dudes.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
1. Gorons
I feel like it's quite obvious the Gorons are the game developers' favorite race as well, given that they are in virtually every game in one form or another. More than anything though, that gives us a really good feel for what the Gorons are like, specifically how well adapted they are. You'd think that bulky hunks of rock wouldn't make for a very widespread species, but it's quite obvious that they are far more durable than any race bar the Hylians. I personally can't rank the Gorons among my favorite races, partly due to their widespread appearances. It's not so much they've gotten old so much as it is I feel like they're inconsistently characterized. The OoT Gorons for example, they are dependent on a certain type of rock for food, yet this is inconsistent with their roles and wanderers in games like WW or SS. It's a small thing, yes, but still bothers me.

2. Deity
I don't think Deities really qualify as a race. The main reason being that's not how "gods" work in Eastern mythology, or most mythologies really. In most cultures, gods, spirits, deities, anything that was not mortal really qualified as such. Maybe that's just me being a stick in the mud though lol

I never Liked the Zora because their race has never.... shown anything interesting besides being fish dudes.
They created the Zora Armor; I think being able to grant artificial gills to people is pretty interesting. I actually wish they would bring the Zora back and expand on them as a race. Their absence in SS was disappointing to me, since the Parella just did not compare at all. If anything, I'd just like to know why Ruto looks so different than all the other Zora. I was inclined to think it was gender differences, but then Queen Rutella came along >_>

As for my list, I really can't say, or at least, I can't order them. But my most liked races would probably be the following (in no order):

Kikwi - What can I say? I have a soft spot for cute things. The noises they make, oh my god those noises, they are the most adorable things I've seen in any game I can remember I swear~ I also find their natural form of defense to be adorable too: the whole curling up into a bushy plant thing. It works really well for them.

Sheikah - We know almost nothing about them other than the fact that they are servants of the Goddesses, and that mysteriousness lends to their appeal. The Shadow Temple that their tribe is associated with in OoT is also my favorite dungeon of the game, since the entire atmosphere just makes me want to know more about what the tribe was like and how they operated, and why there are so few of them.

Fairies - Not sure this counts as a race, in the same vein as what I said about deities earlier, but I'm very curious about the fairy hierarchy, as they seem clearly divided by importance/powers. The fact that normal fairies can't seem to talk despite every other kind of fairy having that ability is pretty interesting, along with the fact that some fairies aren't even fairies persay, but rather spirits, it makes for a very diverse and interesting species. Also, I love the Fairy Queen. She's so cheeky lol.

Picori - There I go with a love of cute things again. In general, the idea of a tiny race of creatures living out of sight of a world much larger than them has always fascinated me. Like seeing the world from a totally different perspective, aware of the larger workings of the world while remaining invisible from it. There's a charm to that.

Anouki - And again with cuteness. These things are just adorable, really, so fluffy~ I also just love how they have such a distinct way of speaking that seems much closer to modern real world colloquialisms, and it always amuses me. Also, the Anouki Village puzzle in ST amuses me greatly too.

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
I feel like it's quite obvious the Gorons are the game developers' favorite race as well, given that they are in virtually every game in one form or another. More than anything though, that gives us a really good feel for what the Gorons are like, specifically how well adapted they are. You'd think that bulky hunks of rock wouldn't make for a very widespread species, but it's quite obvious that they are far more durable than any race bar the Hylians. I personally can't rank the Gorons among my favorite races, partly due to their widespread appearances. It's not so much they've gotten old so much as it is I feel like they're inconsistently characterized. The OoT Gorons for example, they are dependent on a certain type of rock for food, yet this is inconsistent with their roles and wanderers in games like WW or SS. It's a small thing, yes, but still bothers me.

I don't think Deities really qualify as a race. The main reason being that's not how "gods" work in Eastern mythology, or most mythologies really. In most cultures, gods, spirits, deities, anything that was not mortal really qualified as such. Maybe that's just me being a stick in the mud though lol

They created the Zora Armor; I think being able to grant artificial gills to people is pretty interesting. I actually wish they would bring the Zora back and expand on them as a race. Their absence in SS was disappointing to me, since the Parella just did not compare at all. If anything, I'd just like to know why Ruto looks so different than all the other Zora. I was inclined to think it was gender differences, but then Queen Rutella came along >_>

As for my list, I really can't say, or at least, I can't order them. But my most liked races would probably be the following (in no order):

Kikwi - What can I say? I have a soft spot for cute things. The noises they make, oh my god those noises, they are the most adorable things I've seen in any game I can remember I swear~ I also find their natural form of defense to be adorable too: the whole curling up into a bushy plant thing. It works really well for them.

Sheikah - We know almost nothing about them other than the fact that they are servants of the Goddesses, and that mysteriousness lends to their appeal. The Shadow Temple that their tribe is associated with in OoT is also my favorite dungeon of the game, since the entire atmosphere just makes me want to know more about what the tribe was like and how they operated, and why there are so few of them.

Fairies - Not sure this counts as a race, in the same vein as what I said about deities earlier, but I'm very curious about the fairy hierarchy, as they seem clearly divided by importance/powers. The fact that normal fairies can't seem to talk despite every other kind of fairy having that ability is pretty interesting, along with the fact that some fairies aren't even fairies persay, but rather spirits, it makes for a very diverse and interesting species. Also, I love the Fairy Queen. She's so cheeky lol.

Picori - There I go with a love of cute things again. In general, the idea of a tiny race of creatures living out of sight of a world much larger than them has always fascinated me. Like seeing the world from a totally different perspective, aware of the larger workings of the world while remaining invisible from it. There's a charm to that.

Anouki - And again with cuteness. These things are just adorable, really, so fluffy~ I also just love how they have such a distinct way of speaking that seems much closer to modern real world colloquialisms, and it always amuses me. Also, the Anouki Village puzzle in ST amuses me greatly too.

What you say about the Gorons is true. Honestly what they remind me of is Star Trek Klingons in terms of the popularity and favoritism in the series. They seem to change throughout each interpretation but not so much that they are changed. I still love em though, their designs are solid, very well thought out.

Many of the Cute Races are intensely interesting, but in a strange way the creepy ones are interesting too. I wanted to put the Ikana from Majora's Mask on my list, but they didn't seem so ... potent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom