• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Navi's Not Annoying

Y

Yoshi

Why do people always say how Navi is super annoying, I mean, I hardly notice her, AND I have ADHD and am easily distracted. And most of the time you don't even have to listen to her if you don't press the Navi button!:lol:
Does anyone else think Navi is not annoying?

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I don't think she is so annoying I want to strangle her like others do. However sometimes she just states the obvious and her "Hey Listen!" "Watch out" and "What's up?" s are can get on you nerves. She has a very high pitched voice that after playing Ocarina of Time for 5 times you can get annoyed.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Would've been more amusing if there was a poll. That would've let people do what they needed to do instead of posting. Nevertheless: Back in the 90's, when the game first came out and when guides weren't available, players relied on Navi for hints so they could go to the next town, dungeon.. et cetera. People don't care for Navi because they already have guides and others telling them where to go.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Navi is annoying because of her constant HEYS and LOOKS and WATCH OUTS and LISTENS. They aren't so common in OoT3D, but in OoT they are. I would much rather have Navi than Fi or Midna, though.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
It's not the advice she gives that's annoying (apart from the beginning of the game). It's something much worse...

Tell me this doesn't get annoying.

[video=youtube;duRO3noyAKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duRO3noyAKU[/video]

Navi is delightful! Her "Hey, listen!" and her "Watch out!"s are simply there to make us feel indefinitely connected to this mystical being. Personally, I care more about the well being of Navi when playing OoT more than I do for Zelda! When playing this game, I do not want to die for the simple reason that I feel like I am letting down Navi as well as the Great Deku Tree(and of course that blasted beeping!), whose dying wish was for Link to complete his quest with the help of his trusty companion, Navi. I was so mad at the end of OoT when Navi just flies out the window of the Temple of Time. One of the reasons I loved MM was because it was ultimately the quest for Navi, which went horribly wrong but that's beside the point. LONG LIVE NAVI!!

She wasn't annoying in the least... I seriously think it's been over done that she's annoying when she's simply not... She can be ignored and her "Hey"s weren't as common as people say... Whenever you locked on she said "Watchout" but there was also a sound from the game which kind of muffled her. She just simply wasn't annoying and people really just say she is cause it's cool to say it I think.

I didn't find her that bad to be honest.
I agree with Crash, she didn't "Hey" that much I thought and I liked the "Watchout"s just became par tof the background to me in the end, it was nice to have her 'watch my back'... Link needed a companion haha.

I found Midna's laugh coming out of my Wiimote to be much more disturbing!
I'm playing TP at three in the morning in my livingroom with the sound turned down so it doesn't wake my partner up then a deafening "Hee-hee-hee-haa-haa-haa" comes blasting out the Wiimote!
Made me jump loads!

She's annoying, she points things out I already know and sometimes it is not even optional.

Yeah... in the first dungeon... Any other time she can be ignored as long as you don't push C-up... She only talks in cutscenes otherwise.

J

Jason

She is very annoying when you know what you are supposed to be doing and she interrupts you to tell you that very thing. also she annoys me when she tells me to take a break on the 3DS version.

P

PLZFE

I've always loved Navi. I have no idea why people think she is annoying, she has never repeatedly said "Hey, Listen" to me

B

Blacksorrow24

The only thing that annoyed me started on my second play-through, even if you don't Z-target a lot (me) she still flies around all over the place. The noise she makes when she flies... my personal hell soundtrack.

I see how you mean, Fi states the obvious just as much... but she doesn't fly around all over the place unless you're singing a song :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom