• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Story Order???

M

Maggiver99

I am working on the order of the games(story wise) and this is what I have:

1. Skyward Sword
  2. Minish Cap
  3. Four Swords/Adventures
  4. The Legend of Zelda
  5. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  6. Ocarina of Time
  7. Majora’s Mask
  8. Oracle of seasons/ages
  9. A Link to the Past
  10. Link’s Awakening
  11. Twilight Princess
  12. Wind Waker
  13. Phantom Hourglass
  14. Spirit Tracks

Please let me know if there are any discrepancies, thanks:)

M

Maggiver99

thanks, I did ignore or try to merge the time lines but ill fix that and elaborate as to why i chose this order.

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
Ok, I look forward to seeing your explanation... PS: This is your first post and I did the exact same thing by not showing my explanation for my timeline, so DO NOT make another thread for this only with the explanation unless you want a mod to come in and merge the two threads and have a notice of it in your inbox by the mod... It's happened.

M

Maggiver99

ok so I belive it is

Skyward Sword- this was announced as the prequel

Minish Cap- said to take place before Four Swords

Four Swords/Adventures- "one of the oldest tales" explains how beast gannon came from regular gannon/dorf scince beast is the LoZ boss

The Legend of Zelda no games suitable for this placement

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link- direct sequel to LoZ, but both are before ocarina being link finds the triforce for the first mentioned time (not with sky sword)

Ocarina of Time- Split time after this game

Kid Time Line

Majora’s Mask- first game in kid time line

Twilight Princess- 100 years after ganon/dorf failed to take hyrule

Adult Time Line

Wind Waker- centuries after the hero of time (Adult time line)

Phantom Hourglass-direct sequel to WW

Spirit Tracks- takes place at least 100 years after WW and PH

I can't seem to figure out the oracles- here is what I have so far please assist me in finding where these fall in the series:

MISC./HELP

Oracle of seasons/ages- combo end has link on a boat which leans towards link to the past meaning ALP and LA come before the split or in its own realm (each game is parallel in its own timeline, however being that Hyrule B is flooded meaning that Ages is a prequel to WW and Seasons follows Majora's Mask

A Link to the Past - takes place before LoZ, but is not at all referred to until the end of oracles

Link’s Awakening - direct sequel to Link to the Past

thank you for reading and even more for helping:thinking:

M

Maggiver99

Please consult Mosley's Timeline guidelines before posting a timeline thread.

I understand your a moderator and all, but that is NOT the question I asked and if you were to say what you said less like a rather obsene word I wolud be more than happy to oblige. Now shall we try this again????

Post Script-I will look at this timeline guide.

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
Ok... look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkIf3X0kCs&feature=player_embedded go to about 2:43 and you'll notice that the Deku Tree Sprout says this war was before the King of Hyrule unified the country, this was the war that Link's mother was wounded in and escaped to the forest to leave the Deku Tree to take care of Link. This means that any other game before OoT had to have been "Hyruleless" This is were Skyward Sword comes in. (other games without Hyrule are linked to other games with Hyrule like LA linked to OoX linked to ALttP, MM linked to OoT Child, and WW and PH linked to OoT adult)

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
Ok... look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkIf3X0kCs&feature=player_embedded go to about 2:43 and you'll notice that the Deku Tree Sprout says this war was before the King of Hyrule unified the country, this was the war that Link's mother was wounded in and escaped to the forest to leave the Deku Tree to take care of Link. This means that any other game before OoT had to have been "Hyruleless" This is were Skyward Sword comes in. (other games without Hyrule are linked to other games with Hyrule like LA linked to OoX linked to ALttP, MM linked to OoT Child, and WW and PH linked to OoT adult)

I dont agree with you here. Nowhere does it suggest in the game that the resolution to the war created the country. It simply states it unified the country.

Example; United states vs the confederate states. The confederate states were the United States before the war and after the war they became the united states again, unifying the country. The United States wasnt created as a result of the war, it only resumed as one.

The Legend of Zelda no games suitable for this placement

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link- direct sequel to LoZ, but both are before ocarina being link finds the triforce for the first mentioned time (not with sky sword)

How are LoZ/AoL before OoT? :mellow:

I don't recall OoT being a sequel to LoZ/AoL. But it is your theory.

ALttP is where Link also finds the full Triforce after Ganon is killed. So AoL is not the first time chronologically that he found the full Triforce because like you also said, ALttP is a prequel to LoZ/AoL.

Last edited:
M

Maggiver99

How are LoZ/AoL before OoT? :mellow:

I don't recall OoT being a sequel to LoZ/AoL. But it is your theory.

ALttP is where Link also finds the full Triforce after Ganon is killed. So AoL is not the first time chronologically that he found the full Triforce because like you also said, ALttP is a prequel to LoZ/AoL.

fair enough, but my help section doesn't tell fully when ALttP LA or the oracles take place and are viewed in story terms that is why though the events occur before AoL is not referenced until the end of the oracles (system link ending) and I don't know when the oracles take place thank you infinitly if you know where oracles should be placed.

Post Script- Ocarina is not a direct sequel following the same link, but no other games fit the hole so ocarin went there

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
I dont agree with you here. Nowhere does it suggest in the game that the resolution to the war created the country. It simply states it unified the country.

Example; United states vs the confederate states. The confederate states were the United States before the war and after the war they became the united states again, unifying the country. The United States wasnt created as a result of the war, it only resumed as one.
Yea, that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. :embarrassed:

M

Maggiver99

Update

I now believe that the time line is:

Skyward Sword- this was announced as the prequel

Minish Cap- said to take place before OoT

Ocarina of Time- Split time after this game

Kid Time Line

Majora’s Mask- first game in kid time line

Four Swords/Adventures- "one of the oldest tales" and The game shows how Ganondorf gains his Trident and turn permanently into the pig beast, Ganon

Twilight Princess- 100 years after ganon/dorf failed to take hyrule + ganondorf has Pig ability

A Link to the Past- Link kills the unsealed Gannon and the Master Sword "sleeps forever"

Oracle of X/X- Link is transferred to Holodrum and then Labrynna and kills the half restricted Gannon and sails away to an unknown destination.

Link's Awakening- On the same boat Link sails away in at the end of OoX Link is seen on at the beginning of LA. One of the forms of the final boss is an altered form of Agahnim, this being a dream Link has to have already seen him.

The Legend of Zelda- not a direct sequel but follows LttP/OoX/LA

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link- direct sequel to LoZ, but both are following ocarina being link finds the triforce of courage for the first mentioned time

Adult Time Line

Wind Waker- centuries after the hero of time (Adult time line) and recollects the triforce of courage

Phantom Hourglass-direct sequel to WW

Spirit Tracks- takes place at least 100 years after WW and PH

Where Credit is Due

the following were contributed by TwilightKing

ALttP- Link kills the unsealed Gannon and the Master Sword "sleeps forever"

OoX- Link is transferred to Holodrum and then Labrynna and kills the half restricted Gannon and sails away to an unknown destination.

LA- On the same boat Link sails away in at the end of OoX Link is seen on at the beginning of LA. One of the forms of the final boss is an altered form of Agahnim, this being a dream Link has to have already seen him.

and for the prequel revamp I thank JuicieJ

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There's a major problem with FS/FSA coming before OoT. Ganondorf's origins are in OoT. How can he be in FSA if OoT is after it? It's not possible. Also, LoZ and AoL are far after OoT. They're sequels to ALttP, which OoT is a prequel to (which you also need to fix). They're most likely at the end of the timeline if the OoX doesn't come after AoL (which is beyond possible). As far as the other games you have after OoT, they're fine (in fact, confirmed). Other than that, this timeline is in serious need of a revamp.

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
There's a major problem with FS/FSA coming before OoT. Ganondorf's origins are in OoT. How can he be in FSA if OoT is after it? It's not possible.

I would like to see your proof that FSA Ganon/dorf is the same as OoT Ganondorf. Proof and timeline theories dont mix, instead of proof, at least try to explain to me how its a fact they are the same ganondorfs.

M

Maggiver99

I would like to see your proof that FSA Ganon/dorf is the same as OoT Ganondorf. Proof and timeline theories dont mix, instead of proof, at least try to explain to me how its a fact they are the same ganondorfs.

that was also my original thought but I looked into it and although ganon dies find his trident enabling Pig/beast form it also happens around the time of ALttP meaning it is just before/after the events in TP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom