• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword FYI a Game Breaking Glitch Has Been Discovered

MW7

The spoiler is for those of you who haven't beaten the 6th dungeon yet.

Over at Zeldainformer, they have discovered that a game-breaking glitch is possible in the Song of the Hero portion of Skyward Sword. What I mean is that this glitch could potentially cause you to not be able to finish the game. The glitch is somehow related to the Thunder Dragon's Quest. You are supposed to be able to gain the 3 portions of the song of the hero in any order; however, a glitch has occurred to those who have completed the Thunder Dragon Quest prior to either of the other ones. This glitch prevents one of the other 2 portions of the quest to begin and so you cannot finish the game. Keep in mind that the exact reason for this glitch occurring are still unknown. Also I believe that some people have been able to do the Thunder Dragon Quest first without experiencing problems, but no one has experienced problems by doing it last.

So play it safe and save (preferably to another file as well) before doing any of the 3 portions of the quest, and beware if you plan on doing the Thunder Dragon portion before either of the other two.

**** EDITED BY MASES ****
Here is Nintendo's Response on how to avoid this glitch.

We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.

3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.

Solutions:

• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.

• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.

Sincerely,

Sharon Matheny

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! I was planning on doing the Thunder Dragon 1st for my next playthrough in order to get the Hylian Shield sooner. I'd rather take the safer option though...

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
Oh no! I was planning on doing the Thunder Dragon 1st for my next playthrough in order to get the Hylian Shield sooner. I'd rather take the safer option though...

I believe you have to wait until after you learn the Song of The Hero, because after you heal him he tells you to come back to see him after awhile while he thinks of a way to repay you. So I don't think it's possible to obtain the Hylian Shield before you finish with the other Dragons.

I believe you have to wait until after you learn the Song of The Hero, because after you heal him he tells you to come back to see him after awhile while he thinks of a way to repay you. So I don't think it's possible to obtain the Hylian Shield before you finish with the other Dragons.

Actually you can. All you have to do is go up to him and he will say something like you couldn't wait and he will let you fight the boss and get the Hylian shield. I did that since I wanted that shield before I finished the song.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
ATTENTION: Game-Ending Glitch in Skyward Sword!

That's right. Apparently there's a game-ending glitch near the end of Skyward Sword during the Song of the Hero quest (reminiscent of the canon glitch in Twilight Princess). It's unconfirmed why it happens, but it's believed it can be triggered by doing Lanayru's portion before Faron and Eldin's. So if you're at this portion of the game, be aware of this and save an extra file just in case.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Hmm, didn't occur to me when I did the Lanayru part first on Hero Mode. I even fought against Ghirahim III in the boss gauntlet but I had no problems with the other provinces thereafter.

MW7

I did the thunder dragon quest first since I wanted to get the Hylian shield and did not have a problem.

It doesn't happen to everyone or even most people, but it's only possible (as far as is known) when the thunder dragon quest is done before either of the other two. I believe that no one has experienced the glitch when doing the Thunder Dragon last so that's why they linked the glitch to completing it earlier.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Merging and stickying for good measure. Let's look around a bit before making new threads so we don't get so many dupes ;3

For the record, people have been able to do the Thunder Dragon first or second, just don't stop and do something else while you are in the middle of the Thunder Dragon quest.

K

KinRyuTen

i did it first after reading what the gossip stone said the thunder dragon might give me so i wanted it. no problems in getting the hylian shield before the other pieces of the song of the hero.

S

sf8

So if I follow Fi exactly and do them in the order she says, I should be fine?

MW7

So if I follow Fi exactly and do Faron, then Lanayru, then Eldin, I should be fine?
I'm currently on the part where you get the sea chart from that robot's island in the Sand Sea

In theory yes. I'd save to a second file prior to doing anything once you finish the sixth dungeon though just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom