• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Beating Final Boss Without...

Can you defeat Demise without the Skyward Strike? I'm presuming its not possible, but I'd love to know if it is. I *CANNOT* charge one when I'm in the fight with Demise...maybe one or two the entire fight. I don't know if i'm using the wrong angle with the wii mote or what...but it appears as if I cannot beat the game, ever, in any way and i'm very frustrated :(

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sword kirby

You can't use the skyward strike in the battle. But in the second part of the battle you can hold up your sword to get it charged with lightning and use an attack similar to the skyward strike.

V

Vyse

It is possible, but very difficult. I did it, because at first I didn't realize you could use the lightning strikes yourself, lol.

I hated that final battle! Took my about 5 attempts maybe more! Frustrating as hell, I wouldn't have done it without the good old potion store!

I did not realize that you had to be in a specific place and time for charging it up to work. I've been holding my sword up in the air like a moron trying to charge a normal one and it's just not working so I've been dying over and over :/

That first phase is bad enough...its impossible to not get hit in that first phase as far as i'm concerned. Sometimes its just impossible to jump backwards fast enough to not get hit after you get in one hit on him.

While i'm at it, any good strategies for the first phase? I have to use two 8-heart potions on that first phase alone just to survive :/

I did not realize that you had to be in a specific place and time for charging it up to work. I've been holding my sword up in the air like a moron trying to charge a normal one and it's just not working so I've been dying over and over :/

That first phase is bad enough...its impossible to not get hit in that first phase as far as i'm concerned. Sometimes its just impossible to jump backwards fast enough to not get hit after you get in one hit on him.

While i'm at it, any good strategies for the first phase? I have to use two 8-heart potions on that first phase alone just to survive :/

This probably isn't the most efficient way, but after a few tries what worked for me was hitting him 4 times, alternating left and right. He will parry the first 3 hits but the 4th one will hit him. Then he will try to counterattack, backflip to avoid it. Repeat 30X and you will beat the first phase. I was able to get through the first phase without getting hit once I did it this way. I had a lot of trouble with the second phase though because I didn't realize you could power up your sword with lightning and Skyward Strike him.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Before I learned you needed to use the Skyward Strike I was fighting him without the Skyward Strike. I was able to get him on the ground two times but died before I got to the third. This means it is possible to use it without the strike but very hard.

I must be doing something wrong...I can now get through phase 1 fine...taking about 1 heart of damage (usually because I was too far away from him or not swinging in the right direction) but on Phase 2, by the time I get a lightning strike ready, I'm on the ground instantly from being hit...either that or we just clash and it does nothing. and don't know what to do about it. Very frustrated.

FINALLY beat him. Thanks for the help, everybody. It was the shield block thing I wasn't doing that saved the 2 or 3 hearts I needed :)

Last edited:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Man this boss was epic! I died like 4 times and I still can't beat him. I didn't realize I could lightning strike until I accidently held my sword up lol. Even so I still can't beat him! Kinda glad they made him hard. Gives quite a challenge

Yeah it was a pretty fun and frustrating fight. I just finished him a few minutes ago after *several* attempts. My best advice beyond the obvious way you defeat him is during his 2nd phase to use your shield when he charges you, like someone else said above. That was what put me over the top.

On a side note, meep.....I just started Hero Mode, apparently. Not sure I wanted to do that...

Last edited:
To be honest, I knew we could do skyward strikes with lightening, it somehow just didnt work for me. I tried doing it, but it would never charge. Sooo I had to be patient. If have the guardian potion+, its ALOT easier. You just hav to wait after he tries to hit you u have to be close to him; its much easier to dodge the closer attack than Demise's charge attack. I hit him ONCE every time he tried to hit me. It takes longer that way, but using that method, I managed defeat him without needing my the 2 out of 3 of my fairies I brought & half of a heart potion++.
So you CAN DEFEAT DEMISE WITHOUT A SKYWARD STRIKE.

B

BestAlero

Yes it's possible, I beat it with only normal slashes without getting hit
Phase 1: backflip when he strikes then do a jumpattack right after, repeat
Phase 2: back up a tiny bit so his horizontal slashes won't hit you and sidestep, when he charges his blade hit him then back out quickly, repeat
Very easy fight and I didn't even know you could skyward strike him till after I beat him.

Adam

Undefeated
Um.. im really not sure what all the fuss is about, but demise took me about 2minutes to beat the first time. i stayed super close, shield bashed all his attacks and just kept thrusting and vertical spin attacked when i could. so i guess to answer your question, you totally can beat him without skyward strike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom