• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Pronounce Fi

How do you pronounce Fi?

• Fee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fie

• Fay

• Other

• Total voters
Thus is the beauty of Zelda not having voice acting. :P

You see, when I first read a new word, I tend to instinctively pronounce it one way, regardless of how it's supposed to be pronounced, and then I'm stuck saying it that way because everything else sounds weird.

I am the same way.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I say Fee, but I honestly don't care, Zelda's still a game, and you (the player) can determine how to pronounce things however you like.

N

nayruslove

I just say Fee because I think it sounds pretty, but I pronounce other Zelda things oddly I guess so

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Wow. I never thought there would be different pronounciations for this. But mine would be Fee.

J

jokekid

i voted fay cuz in the spanish version, her name is actually fay... xD

EDIT: but now i think about it, fay in spanish s pronounced fie... >.< haha

I used to think it was Fee, but now I'm leaning towards Fi (it sounds more correct and gloverrandall on Youtube, SS walkthrough).

i dont think it should be how to pronounce fi but how do you pronounce fi because there are lots of names and words in the world which different people pronounce how they fell i should be, i pronounce it fee but how you pronounce it shouldnt be decided but some chump on the internet but by how you feel it should

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I shall be jumping on the 'Fee' bandwagon. There have beent he odd time where I would call her 'Fie' but that's not often at all. I think 'Fee' sounds nicer, and like blackice, I pronounce something based off of how I first see the word/name and that pronounciation sticks, even if it's obviously wrong (such as not seeing a letter and seeing Farore as Faroe).

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
...I pronounce something based off of how I first see the word/name and that pronounciation sticks, even if it's obviously wrong (such as not seeing a letter and seeing Farore as Faroe).
Haha, a bit off topic but that missing letters happens to me too from time to time! For example I always thought that the metal Iridium was written "Irdium" and to this day I still often pronounce it without the second "I".

Fee sounds ridiculous.

"Mistress Fee", like c'mon! It sounds like a tax collector. What kinda weird symbolism would that be

Phi rhymes with pie, if you don't like it, go die :P

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I think the first time I saw her name I just automatically registered it in my brain as being pronounced as Fie. And I think when someone tells me otherwise it sounds wrong. I think I just read it like that because it was literally written like that. I think Fie sounds nice anyway. I don't think Fee sounds as good.

And by the way, the people referring to a Greek translation, it's a little ridiculous. I am pretty sure it's based of the Greek letter, which is pronounced as "Fie"

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
I say fee, sounds cool, though its kind of irrelevant how we pronunce a Videogame characters name, Then again, this is a forum About Zelda....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom