• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Most Emotional Moment from Skyward Sword.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
The most emotional moment from the game, in my opinion, is when Zelda seals herself in the crystal and tells link that he'll have to wake her up this time. Then Link, (in what looks like tears) beats on the crystal's surface. This is so heartbreaking. Especially when she tells Link that although she is the incarnation of Hylia; that she'll always "be your Zelda".

This is the best moment from the game. It's the first time it's shown that Link and Zelda have a very strong and obvious love for each other in a Zelda game.

What do you guys think about this scene? Do you have a different moment that you think is more emotional?

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
When Zelda asks you out at the very beginning. Then she gets kidnapped. :kawaii:

I also think when Zelda reveals herself to be Hylia to be the most emotional moment. The "I used you" gets me everytime. ): Poor Link </3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That last moment was the best and worst moment of the entire game. On the one hand, you finally have ZeLink confirmed as Nintendo supported (at least partially). On the other, Zelda becomes as useless as ever to the game and the series, with the added bonus of Hylia, who was hailed as a goddess, becoming one of the most useless characters with one of the coolest backgrounds. I hope Nintendo never ever makes a main character (in this case, Zelda) become some reincarnated vessel for some supposed important character again. Hylia shouldn't be resigned into being a damsel in distress – that's just stupid.

I'm all for Link crying though, he shed tears of awesomeness!

K

KickingRoses

It was Link hitting the crystal as Zelda was saying; "I'm still your Zelda." that had me blubbing. :(

And I almost came close to tears of anger at the end of the Earth Temple where Impa basically calls you useless. Impa: "Gain a shred of courage." Link: "I JUST DEFEATED A GIANT FLAMING ROCK." He looked so hurt afterwards, I just wanted to hug him.

Batman

That last moment was the best and worst moment of the entire game. On the one hand, you finally have ZeLink confirmed as Nintendo supported (at least partially). On the other, Zelda becomes as useless as ever to the game and the series, with the added bonus of Hylia, who was hailed as a goddess, becoming one of the most useless characters with one of the coolest backgrounds. I hope Nintendo never ever makes a main character (in this case, Zelda) become some reincarnated vessel for some supposed important character again. Hylia shouldn't be resigned into being a damsel in distress – that's just stupid.
I am thoroughly confused by what you just wrote. How is Zelda a useless character? It's called the Legend of Zelda; the game is about Link trying to save his friend...Zelda. It's about the goddess Hylia becoming incarnate in Zelda. How is Hylia a useless character? The whole backstory is based on her.... and what's a ZeLink?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
And I almost came close to tears of anger at the end of the Earth Temple where Impa basically calls you useless. Impa: "Gain a shred of courage." Link: "I JUST DEFEATED A GIANT FLAMING ROCK." He looked so hurt afterwards, I just wanted to hug him.

Well, the thing about Link being sad wasn't that Impa was calling him a wimp. I think he was more sad about Zelda not being with him and some freakishly new chick is just backsassing him, getting in the way of his main goal. So, maybe he was confused? Sure enough, Link was floating around with his head in the clouds, but he bested two dungeons in search of a girl whose whereabouts he had next to no knowledge about. I'm sure he knew for a fact that he had courage as well as...perhaps speed.

I am thoroughly confused by what you just wrote. How is Zelda a useless character? It's called the Legend of Zelda; the game is about Link trying to save his friend...Zelda. It's about the goddess Hylia becoming incarnate in Zelda. How is Hylia a useless character? The whole backstory is based on her.... and what's a ZeLink?

Zelda is useless because she is a plot device, nothing more. Hylia is useless because she "incarnated" into Zelda, who is automatically useless as per her plot device role, and being prone to captured, killed, soul removed...etc. Whatever is bad, Zelda has more than likely had it happen to her.

ZeLink is ZeldaxLink romance.

K

KickingRoses

Well that was most probably why Link was upset, yeah, but I mean for me as the player I found Impa calling Link useless quite upsetting after what he'd gone through, even just at that point in the game.

Batman

Well, the thing about Link being sad wasn't that Impa was calling him a wimp. I think he was more sad about Zelda not being with him and some freakishly new chick is just backsassing him, getting in the way of his main goal. So, maybe he was confused? Sure enough, Link was floating around with his head in the clouds, but he bested two dungeons in search of a girl whose whereabouts he had next to no knowledge about. I'm sure he knew for a fact that he had courage as well as...perhaps speed.

Zelda is useless because she is a plot device, nothing more. Hylia is useless because she "incarnated" into Zelda, who is automatically useless as per her plot device role, and being prone to captured, killed, soul removed...etc. Whatever is bad, Zelda has more than likely had it happen to her.

ZeLink is ZeldaxLink romance.
How is a plot device useless?....she's a device in the PLOT...what did you expect from a Zelda game; Zelda not being part of the plot? She's a very important character in the game. Your logic is strange to me.

Last edited:

Batman

His point is that Hylia, whilst in the body of Zelda can do nothing but wait for Link to save her. She is incredibly passive in this game despite her set up as being a very independent character in the first section. Think of previous Zelda's.
I guess I'm just okay with that part. I was/am perfectly fine with Zelda's role in the game; it was pretty deep in my opinion.
But, let's try to get back on topic and drop this discussion; me included.
The Impa scene also left an impression on me. I was really mad when she said those things! Later on when Link interrupted Ghirahim's fight with Impa, I was so close to choosing the dialog option "Am I late!".

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
She's important as far as the plot is, which makes no sense at all. Nintendo said Zelda had another side to her, all I saw was plot device, HELP LINK IM CAPTURED IN ANOTHER CASTLE which is the same side we've seen of Zelda for 25 years. The plot could very well be driven WITHOUT a princess or a girl who needs saving. In fact, Link could be the one who needs saving and ZELDA could finally do something physical! Singing in front of altars and going to sleep inside a crystal, not to mention being captured and rituals being done on are not qualities of an important character, no matter what series of games you may be playing. For the initial view, it'd be good, but after 25 years of development time...no thanks. :/

Hmm...that scene would be pretty cheesy, but in a way I think it could make millions had the CD-I actors been hired again! :rolleyes:

Oh, this one will attract haters, but I think in the very beginning where Groose was being told by Zelda all that stuff about how not to bully Link...that was pretty emotional on Groose's part <3

What do you expect Zelda to do? Hit Ghirahim in the face when he tries to kidnap her? The whole kidnapping thing is tradition in Zelda and this one in particular has most emotional impact. After all hardship Link has been though, seeing Zelda getting kidnapped by Ghirahim makes the player want to kill Ghirahim, even moreso than Ganondorf from OoT. Zelda is not useless as she was reason why the seal on the Imprisoned was intacted and the fact that she planned all the events to come. She made Link stronger by going through those temples and dungeons to prepare him to fight the Demon King. The other side of Zelda is really her sense of duty to save the world as in Skyloft, Zelda was more child-like and careless (why else would she push Link off a cliff).

K

KickingRoses

I was really mad when she said those things! Later on when Link interrupted Ghirahim's fight with Impa, I was so close to choosing the dialog option "Am I late!".

You mean you didn't choose that one? I did. Best dialogue option ever. :clap:

A

AkiraAra

Absolute saddest in the game ; When Ghirahim "dies". I only assume he died, seeing as how he, in his sword form, just sort of vanished.
I mean cmon. How can that NOT make you cry.

HE.
WAS.
SO.
FABULOUS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom