• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler So How About Those Interlopers? (end Game Spoilers)

I'm sure most of you remember how convinced some people were that we would see the interlopers in this game. These people would not even consider the possibility that we wouldn't be seeing them. And obviously, they were wrong. The game has nothing to do with the interloper war, the Twili, or the fused shadow. Ghirahim was just a sword spirit like Fi, and the other members of Ghirahim's group turned out to be nothing but a bunch of bokoblins.

So have these people who so ardently believed we'd be seeing the interlopers accepting the plot for what it is? Or are they clinging to their beliefs and trying to shoehorn an interloper explanation into things a la Harold Camping and his failed judgment day?

I decided a long time ago that if we didn't see any interlopers in this game that I would have to make this thread. I'm dying to read your responses.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm glad that we haven't seen dem Interlopers (I hated the Twili race as a whole because they were pretty much unimportant to plot of TP if you look at who the final boss is), I was actually hoping they wouldn't appear in SS. The plot in SS is fine as it is, though Ghirahim could've and SHOULD'VE been pulled off better. This time around, instead of giving us a surprise final boss who we all expected, the slave/pawn repeatedly shouts his name so that we know to not be surprised by a final boss who we all expected. I say axe Demise and make Ghirahim go in a controlled rage, how's that? Or even cross over to the Interloper side and have him sealed in a justforged Mirror of Twilight?

I agree about Ghirahim. I think they nailed his character, but they could have done more with him. I would have loved for him to have come back after we defeat Demise and just go absolutely ape**** on us.

Also, since he appeared to be a counterpart to Fi, I think the two should have at least taken notice of each other. Ghirahim never once says a thing about Fi.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ask yourself this. Why were the other Demon Lords not around? Do you think they were just chillin' out in the land below? Or do you think they could have been sealed away in the Mirror of Twilight in one of the "other legends that are intertwined" with the story told in the opening of the game? I'm gonna go with the second one.

Oh, by the way, I'm dying to see your response to this, because you obviously didn't think about it. Next time, make sure you have everything straight before you go all sarcastic on us.

Last edited:
Who said there were other demon lords? I thought there were before I played the game because of the guys around Demise and impressions stating that the Mogmas warn Link about "guys in red" around the volcano. It turned out that instead of "guys in red" the Mogma warn us about "red guys". In other words, Bokoblins.

Thats all they are. Ghirahim's followers are just the monsters we face through out the game. Bokoblins, moblins, stalfos. Thats why he summons them in the Sealed Grounds at the end. Those sillouettes in the intro are most likely just bokoblins. The guy who appears to be wearing a mask looks like a stalfos to me.

Besides, Ghirahim gets his power because he is a sword spirit created by Demise. An anti-Master Sword. Thats why he gives him self the title Demon Lord. In Demise's absence, he is the most powerful evil being. But if he is a demon lord only due to his status as a sword spirit, would it make sense for there to be other demon lords? Why would Demise create another? Sure it was not stated that Demise created Ghirahim, but that seems to be the logical conclusion to me.

Long story short, there are no sightings or references to any other demon lords in the game. Ghirahim's followers and the guys in the intro are just common enemies.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Who said there were other demon lords? I thought there were before I played the game because of the guys around Demise and impressions stating that the Mogmas warn Link about "guys in red" around the volcano. It turned out that instead of "guys in red" the Mogma warn us about "red guys". In other words, Bokoblins.

Thats all they are. Ghirahim's followers are just the monsters we face through out the game. Bokoblins, moblins, stalfos. Thats why he summons them in the Sealed Grounds at the end. Those sillouettes in the intro are most likely just bokoblins. The guy who appears to be wearing a mask looks like a stalfos to me.

Besides, Ghirahim gets his power because he is a sword spirit created by Demise. An anti-Master Sword. Thats why he gives him self the title Demon Lord. In Demise's absence, he is the most powerful evil being. But if he is a demon lord only due to his status as a sword spirit, would it make sense for there to be other demon lords? Why would Demise create another? Sure it was not stated that Demise created Ghirahim, but that seems to be the logical conclusion to me.

Long story short, there are no sightings or references to any other demon lords in the game. Ghirahim's followers and the guys in the intro are just common enemies.

Really? None? Then explain the opening ink blot scene with the 7 figures, one of them being Ghirahim.

I did. I said the sillouettes in the intro were just bokoblins. The one who appears to be wearing a mask is a stalfos. Ghirahim was able to summon an army of bokoblins, as well as a few moblins and stalfos at the Sealed Grounds so he is obviously working with them. It explains why four of the sillouettes have no distinguishing characteristics. They are bokoblins.

It might seem weird to think about after expecting the demon lords for so long. I thought those guys in the intro were demon lords too at first. But really, what evidence is there?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I did. I said the sillouettes in the intro were just bokoblins. The one who appears to be wearing a mask is a stalfos. Ghirahim was able to summon an army of bokoblins, as well as a few moblins and stalfos at the Sealed Grounds so he is obviously working with them. It explains why four of the sillouettes have no distinguishing characteristics. They are bokoblins.

It might seem weird to think about after expecting the demon lords for so long. I thought those guys in the intro were demon lords too at first. But really, what evidence is there?

If they were Bokoblins, they would have looked like Bokoblins. Just like Ghirahim looked like Ghirahim. (Demise apparently looks different to whoever is beholding him according to Fi, so the ambiguous demon figure makes sense with him.) Each one of them looked different and looked like (somewhat of) a human.

Could you be right? I guess. But I just think there's no way they would have had Ghirahim's magic look like it did (just like the Twili's) and that be a coincidence. Even the Imprisoned exploding looked had Twili hints/references in it (just like the bosses transformed by the Fused Shadows).

Last edited:
I personally think they do look like bokoblins. They have the horns and the perpetually open mouths.

I can see where you are coming from with Ghirahim's magic, but I think his magic takes that form just to go with his diamond motif. I was also reminded of the fused shadows whenever the Imprisoned exploded, but since Demise is the root of all evil, it would make sense for there to be some similarities between the two. That is, if Nintendo even intended for there to be a connection. Knowing them it could be nothing more than them liking the effect so much that they reused it in this game. The point is, now that we know everything there really isn't enough evidence to make a solid argument that Ghirahim has anything to do with the interlopers. If he did, then why would he be a sword spirit? His role as Demise's weapon suggests Demise created him. He was nothing more than Demise's servant. Only Demise wanted the Triforce. Ghirahim was just a lackey.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I can see where you are coming from with Ghirahim's magic, but I think his magic takes that form just to go with his diamond motif.

Yes, it's the diamonds because he's covered in them. The magic itself looks just the same, though.

The point is, now that we know everything there really isn't enough evidence to make a solid argument that Ghirahim has anything to do with the interlopers. If he did, then why would he be a sword spirit? His role as Demise's weapon suggests Demise created him. He was nothing more than Demise's servant. Only Demise wanted the Triforce. Ghirahim was just a lackey.

Ghirahim also had much more power than Fi did. He was even somewhat human-like in his true form (just looked more like a demonic being from TRON), so he seems to be a bit more than just a creation for part of a sword. We can't really say what he is.

Its true that Ghirahim was more human in appearance, but we can't really say how powerful Fi is. We don't see her in combat. But the similar skin, sword transformation, the diamond in his chest, and the fact that he also calls Demise master (the game even highlighted the word "master" at this point to further show the similarity) seem to show that Ghirahim is an anti-Fi.

There's also the fact that back at E3 (or was it TGS?) Bill Trinen was showing off the game to a reporter, and they remarked how Ghirahim and Fi both have a similar diamond theme. They asked Trinen if there was a connection. He just said that they were very observant and that they'd have to play the game to find out. Alone this wouldn't mean much, but with the other evidence it seems to cement the connection between the two sword spirits.

I can go dig up the link to the video if you'd like.

Last edited:

THEM

Your cows are mine!
Well there was Betreaux (SP?) who lived under Skyloft, but he was more of a softie than most Demon lords..

Yeah it wouldn't make sense for Batreaux to be a demon lord. Besides his personality, if we were a demon lord how did he get up to Skyloft?

K

KinRyuTen

I assumed that the interlopers were the Gerudo race who gained some overall serious dark powers and screwed some stuff up on in Hyrule. Thus in TP you never see the Gerudo race, save Ganondorf himself. I believe the Gerudo evolved into the Twili by residing in the Twilight Realm. Again, only in OoT and MM are the only games you see the Gerudo women.

Thats an interesting theory, but most people seem to assume that the interlopers are related to the Sheikah in some way. I'm sure a quick google search could provide lots of theories or info about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom