• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Bros Super Show

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Does anyone remember this show? I remember only little bits from memory but I know that it's a good cartoon for what information they had in the 80s.

I liked it and I must say that the animation is well done for the time (unlike what Nostalgiadoesn'tknowhowtodrawCritic said) The show had many pasta jokes but that pretty much is what Mario eats. In the games people criticize him for eating so much pasta and even in Mario Sunshine all he thinks of is the food.
I enjoy the fact that Bowser is still the miserable loser he is in the games. This show feels like it that it made the games of the future.

I liked it, so what were your thoughts on this show.

Amelie

Air Dancer
My friend has a bunch of old tapes of the Mario bros show that we sit together and watch ^^ I love it! It was much better then the Zelda cartoon to me... even if the Zelda cartoon isnt that bad.. I laugh with that show to.. but the Mario bros show was just so good to me ^^

I dont remember any episodes right off.. but I remember one about the yoshis all getting telepones and they were all so busy talking and being lazy that they didnt even know when danger was comeing

I loved this show back in the day. I feel like watching an episode right now! :D

There's just one thing I don't understand. How can you have a nice entertaining cartoon with Mario and then have an awful movie that has nothing to do with Mario?

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
Ver-go-a-go-go (did I spelled it right?) we already know that you hate with your entire soul the Super Mario Bros movie, but we already have a thread about it, you don't actually need to bring the theme to this thread. No offense intended.

I've never watched the series, but from what I heard, it sucked. (blame the nostalgia critic for that.)
Anyways, I've watched the movie.
It sucked, but for some reason, I got entertained.:S

I love the Super Mario Super Show.
At the time it was made,the Mario games had no real plot or story.
The Mario show give the characters a story and a personality.
Plus the guy who did Bowser's voice is awesome.
In fact I'm such a fan of the show that I have the boxsets.
But the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon is a little bit better.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I never watched it as a kid, but now I found a Super Mario Bros. Super Show DVD Box set at a music store for 25$, so I grabbed it. Im yet to watch it (DVD player isnt hooked up) but Ive watched a few online and I think they are pretty cool.

I thought the show was awesome when I was little. A while back, they had a complete DVD collection of it, plus of the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon. I bought the SMB3 set, and the old Sonic the Hedgehog one too, but I didn't pick up the Super Show. I kinda wish I had, but at the same time I never watch the ones I bought. I got em just cause it was one of those "have to have" kinda deals. Just like when they had the Zelda cartoon series on DVD, I never picked it up, but if I found it now I surely would. But I can say I probably would never watch it past a couple times. Everything about the thing aggrevated me.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I loved that show! I have like one or two DVD's (in way) of it. There just funny and awesome!:D They should still have it on T.V. and stuff like that. If they did I would so watch that, But thats just me.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Swing your arms form side to sdie! Come on, it's time to do the MARIO! Take one step, and then you'll see- COME ON, IT'S TIME TO GO DO THE MARIO!

Yes, I remember that show. It wasn't so bad. It was just a little immature.The should so bring it back. ;)

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
When I was little.. according to my mom she would sing me to sleep.. but I wouldn't go to sleep with anything normal.. it HAD to be the SMBSS theme song.... I still can't beleive that.. but it's appearently so... I think you can get them on DVD or something

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Ahh yes, The Super Mario Super Show. Despite the Super Stupid name
it was a pretty cool show.
I watch and laugh at it all the time on youtube.
Me and a friend used to make fun of it all the time.
That's the 80's for you. :P

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
Ahh yes, The Super Mario Super Show. Despite the Super Stupid name
it was a pretty cool show.
I watch and laugh at it all the time on youtube.
Me and a friend used to make fun of it all the time.
That's the 80's for you. :P

thing is... it was around and on the air when I was little.. as far as I can remember.. i havn't seen it since 1992

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom