• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Similarities Between Tingle and Agitha?

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Anyone else notice how similar Tingle and Agitha are? Really, they have a lot in common:

- Tingle is convinced he's a fairy; Agitha is convinced she is Princess of the Bug Kingdom
- both wear unusual clothing
- paying/receiving rupees to/from them are always in large quantities
- make bizarre comments ("Kooloo Limpah!" and "Little (bug name), little (bug name)...")
- have strange housing (Tingle Tower, Agitha's Castle)
- appear in random places

Those are just off the top of my head. Does anyone else think Tingle and Agitha are strangely similar/notice any other similarities? Any other weird LoZ characters that have similarities to Tingle or Agitha?

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Hmm...nah, try as I might, I just don't see it. But they both are pretty weird, I'll give you that. :)

Well, obviously not similar in looks, but in qualities... I dunno! To me it seems like Nintendo reuses these qualities frequently when designing an unusual character. Well, at least you'll give me credit that they're both weird :D

~SkullKid~

~Mazuke~
Yea, now that you mention it they do seem the same. I dont know anything else they have in common but they are both weird but thats The Legend of Zelda for you, always giving you funny looking people.

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
Lots of games just have an annoying or strange character like Kaepora Gaebora for example.

I really don't think they're similar... Agitha was a little girl so it was normal for her to use her imagination and act like that about something she finds interesting. Tingle... on the other hand... was a middle aged man that had delusions of being a fairy... He was odd while Agitha was just young.

And Kaepora was supposed to be your guide and I found him easy enough to skip through dialogue as long as you didn't try and hurry to push the no option so he didn't repeat himself. Skip dialogue but don't get in such a rush that you make a whoops and he was rather helpful.

I think that, with those similarities, there are probably a ton of Zelda characters like Tingle and Agitha.

Can't say I agree with you. Tuns of the characters in Zelda games appear randomly and ask you to do tasks for them as well as give you rupees, etc. Ba-ring-Pop!

Both of them believe that Link likes/is something due to his clothing. Agitha say's that Link must like bugs because of the clothing he wears. For the same reason, Tingle believes Link is a fairy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom