• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
ALTTP never stated that he became a pig-demon when he entered the SR.
It diden't?
Well I haven't played it in a long time but I still recall it saying that he turned into a boar-like demon when he touched the Triforce....
If I'm wrong I apologize.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't think there's more than one Ganon. From what we've seen, there really only appears to have been one. That doesn't mean there can't be more, but if there is, it'd only be the one in FSA (which is highly questionable). The "hatred" is definitely why Ganondorf is so evil and powerful, but I really think that's it. It's been proven through events in the series that the same Ganondorf keeps coming back throughout the entire timeline. And, actually, that's what I think evidences that there's only one Ganon(dorf). If there's only one living, why would another exist at the same time? But that's not the point. What matters is the same Ganondorf definitely appears throughout the series and is not a different person each time. FSA is the only game in question with this, but nothing's proved it yet.

So, in short, no.

ALTTP never stated that he became a pig-demon when he entered the SR.

No, but it states that the Dark World is what transformed him.

Last edited:

Ganon0075

I don't think there's more than one Ganon. From what we've seen, there really only appears to have been one. That doesn't mean there can't be more, but if there is, it'd only be the one in FSA (which is highly questionable). The "hatred" is definitely why Ganondorf is so evil and powerful, but I really think that's it. It's been proven through events in the series that the same Ganondorf keeps coming back throughout the entire timeline. And, actually, that's what I think evidences that there's only one Ganon(dorf). If there's only one living, why would another exist at the same time? But that's not the point. What matters is the same Ganondorf definitely appears throughout the series and is not a different person each time. FSA is the only game in question with this, but nothing's proved it yet.

So, in short, no.
I respect your opinion but I would like to point out that FSA Ganon was never the King of the Gerudos while OoT Ganon was so there is no doubt that they are different.
ALtTP is the only one that is questionable because it says that he was defeated by The Knights of Hyrule and not Link.

No, but it states that the Dark World is what transformed him.
That's it.
Thank you for reminding me.

@Ganon0075: He was the Guardian of the Garudos until he 'did the forbidden' in FSA. A king basically 'guards' his kingdom so it may be safe to say that it is the same thing.

The triforce of power that he had inside of him in OoT is where it seemed that he called the beast power from. But he also has a trident. If it's the same one, who knows. OoT's trident is dual headed while the one in FSA is single headed. But he could have modified it over time since the story of him getting it would be in some past of FSA. *Shrugs*

Last edited:

Ganon0075

He was the Guardian of the Garudos until he 'did the forbidden' in FSA. A king basically 'guards' his kingdom so it may be safe to say that it is the same thing.
Still does not disprove that OoT and FSA Ganon are two different Ganons.

Fanspeak for canon information that is given directly from the source. You won't find this statement in the games, but it was said by Shigeru Miyamoto. Unless clear evidence is found that contradicts this, we have to consider it as fact.
FSA Ganon is clear evidence that contradicts there being one Ganondorf.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I respect your opinion but I would like to point out that FSA Ganon was never the King of the Gerudos while OoT Ganon was so there is no doubt that they are different.
ALtTP is the only one that is questionable because it says that he was defeated by The Knights of Hyrule and not Link.

Actually, Ganondorf was the King of the Gerudos in FSA. A Gerudo woman talks about how he was corrupted over time as he grew up, so if a Gerudo is talking about him, he was most definitely their king. That's just a given, as there's only one male every 100 years and that male is automatically king.

Now, in ALttP, Link is one of the descendants of the Knights of Hyrule who fought in the Imprisoning War. OoT was originally the Imprisoning War, meaning Link is that Knight. So it's not really questionable at all that ALttP Ganon is the same one as OoT's.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
He was the Guardian of the Garudos until he 'did the forbidden' in FSA. A king basically 'guards' his kingdom so it may be safe to say that it is the same thing.
Gerudo males are pretty much always king, as they are only born once every 100 years.

So say we have OOT Ganon. He did all that he did in OOT and TP. He dies. A new Gerudo male is born and named after him, as Ganondorf was a great a well renowned gerudo. He steals the Trident. Gets sealed in the Four Sword, breaks out, steals the Triforce, starts the Imprisoning War, gets sealed in the Dark World, then many ages later starts the events of ALTTP.

For the Ganon/Trident/Dark World arguement, is it possible that he was able to change shape? Take on Gerudo form as he pleased in the Light World, but his Dark World kept him in pig demon form in his Dark World? Just a thought.

OoT was originally the Imprisoning War, meaning Link is that Knight. So it's not really questionable at all that ALttP Ganon is the same one as OoT's.
But there is often debate about whether OOT can still be the IW. There is too much in between ALTTP and OOT that contradicts it. Plus we see Ganon die in TP (and yes, I know you will want to argue that), setting the stage for a new Ganon to take his place. One whom is more whole with his courage, power, and wisdom that he can possess the whole triforce.

Last edited:

Ganon0075

Actually, Ganondorf was the King of the Gerudos in FSA. A Gerudo woman talks about how he was corrupted over time as he grew up, so if a Gerudo is talking about him, he was most definitely their king. That's just a given, as there's only one male every 100 years and that male is automatically king.

Now, in ALttP, Link is one of the descendants of the Knights of Hyrule who fought in the Imprisoning War. OoT was originally the Imprisoning War, meaning Link is that Knight. So it's not really questionable at all that ALttP Ganon is the same one as OoT's.

Just because a Gerudo is talking about him does not make him king.
Their rules could have easily changed after what Ganon did in OoT.

It's The Knights of Hyrule not Knight.
So it is indeed questionable.

Gerudo males are pretty much always king, as they are only born once every 100 years.

So say we have OOT Ganon. He did all that he did in OOT and TP. He dies. A new Gerudo male is born and named after him, as Ganondorf was a great a well renowned gerudo. He steals the Trident. Gets sealed in the Four Sword, breaks out, steals the Triforce, starts the Imprisoning War, gets sealed in the Dark World, then many ages later starts the events of ALTTP.

For the Ganon/Trident/Dark World arguement, is it possible that he was able to change shape? Take on Gerudo form as he pleased in the Light World, but his Dark World kept him in pig demon form in his Dark World? Just a thought.

I agree with all this although my placement of FSA is different and the fact that they would not name him after Ganondorf since they celebrated his defeat at the end of OoT.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I agree with all this although my placement of FSA is different and the fact that they would not name him after Ganondorf since they celebrated his defeat at the end of OoT.
Good point. Though perhaps Ganondorf is a common Gerudo male name *Shrugs*

Also, I found this on the Zelda Wiki, which states that Ganon did in fact die at the end of Twilight Princess
Zelda Wiki - Ganon (Twilight princess) said:
Only when the Triforce of Power fades completely from his hand, does he succumb. Now dying, Ganondorf sees a vision of Zant. Zant's neck breaks, and immediately Ganondorf's eyes gloss over and he dies.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I do agree that Ganondorf does die at the end of TP, but what happens to his Triforce of Power that he holds? Somewhere between TP and ALttP, the three Triforce pieces must become one again, since the Triforce is broken up in TP but complete in ALttP. On that note then, what happens to the ToW and ToC that Zelda and Link possess, respectively?

Also, about the FSA Ganondorf, the Gerudo may have named him so because he reminded them of the OoT Ganondorf because of his lust for power.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I do agree that Ganondorf does die at the end of TP, but what happens to his Triforce of Power that he holds? Somewhere between TP and ALttP, the three Triforce pieces must become one again, since the Triforce is broken up in TP but complete in ALttP. On that note then, what happens to the ToW and ToC that Zelda and Link possess, respectively?
I, personally, feel the other two Triforces left their bearers and returned with the Triforce of Power to the Sacred Realm/Golden Land. This is not confirmed, but it's a theory.

Also, about the FSA Ganondorf, the Gerudo may have named him so because he reminded them of the OoT Ganondorf because of his lust for power.
There is also that as a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom