• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Scary Shadow Temple

The Shadow Temple was the worst for me. Not only was it creepy and hard, but it just happened to have my least favourite enemies, including Stalfos, Redeads/Gibdos, Wallmasters and Dead Hand. Plus, the dank crypt surroundings got boring after a while. By the end, I just wanted to get out of there.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
yeah I thought the bottom of the well was scarier cause I didn't know what I was doing and I ran into a redead and a like like Readead really creep me out but the shadow temple wasn't that scary Stalfos have always been my favorite enemies so well they didn't scare me but the Gibdos and Readeads were probably the only things that actuall scared me and also like El bagu said Bongo Bongo wasn't even close to scary but he was a great boss and the dead hands scared me a little ooh when wallmasters fall from the ceiling without me knowing (luckly Navi helps there)

S

stalfo7

Yep. The Dead Hands are just about the most disturbing mini-boss ever, Nintendo did a great job making them scary and it fit into the well level quite well. Another thing was the constant dead moaning of the ReDeads, it was quite an unnerving noise.

The swinging scythes and the guillotines in the Shadow Temple were cool, but I agree by the end all I wanted was to get the heck out of there!

S

stalfo7

When I was little.. I play OoT.. there were three main thing that scared the piss outta me.
1 Redeads
2 Gibdos
3 Deadhand

I'm definitely with you there on that one, heck when I played OoT for the first time I was like 9 years old. But aside from those three, if anything scared me more than those it was the Happy Mask Salesman and the Moblins. When the moblins charge in the Sacred Forest Meadow I used to freak out :lol:
Deadhand.... jeez.... he belongs in some awful fantasy horror movie...

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
I'm definitely with you there on that one, heck when I played OoT for the first time I was like 9 years old. But aside from those three, if anything scared me more than those it was the Happy Mask Salesman and the Moblins. When the moblins charge in the Sacred Forest Meadow I used to freak out :lol:
Deadhand.... jeez.... he belongs in some awful fantasy horror movie...

Agreed.. I never really got scared of the moblins.. rather they pissed me off.. I was like 7 when I first played OoT

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
I wasn't scared of it (I was like....15 when I bought OoT) but that particular temple always had me wondering wth happened there. Same thing about the Well. You see this kind of....crosses or X's made of wood with chains and blood all over the floor like they actually tortured prisoners or something. Maybe this palace is the one most related to the war mentioned by the Deku Tree. Another Reason why I think a "prequel" to OoT would rule. To see that war un full scale and get a more complete vision of the kingdom, its history, and why not....the shadow temple.:)

bellum

Gamer since age 2
wow compared to you I was really scared when I got OoT I was 4 and didn't show much condideration in the game, about 2 years later I started to play again but then the stalchilds creeped me out(:lol:) for a year or two but then I beat all the not-scary parts and the I got to karikio well and it scared the bits out of me the dead hand wasn't scary at all although I did get a little nervous when one of the hands got me and the dead hand was getting closer(I really struggled with getting out of the hand) but like likes falling from th eceiling scared me a bit in the spirit temple,Anyway the Shadow temple didn't scare me at all it just creeped me out a little ecspecially with the Gibdos and the skulltula's popping out from nowhere but the Gibdos would really scare me when they froze me

Amelie

Air Dancer
I remember Bottom of the well scared me enough! So when I got to shadow temple I was kind of used to it because the song and the over all look was the same... but then I got deeper in and it was REALLY scary!

I remember the redeads scared me the most and those walls masters comeing down from the ceiling >> (shivers)

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
The Shadow Temple is great. I don't understand what you people are so scared of. I guess I just favor more darker things, which is why I'm not scared of it.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well swiftblade you are way older than me I have the right to be scared( I might even be the younges person on ZD)

and I really don't think the Shadow temple was scary but the bottom of the well stopped me from playing for at least a month

wow compared to you I was really scared when I got OoT I was 4 and didn't show much condideration in the game, about 2 years later I started to play again but then the stalchilds creeped me out(:lol:) for a year or two but then I beat all the not-scary parts and the I got to karikio well and it scared the bits out of me the dead hand wasn't scary at all although I did get a little nervous when one of the hands got me and the dead hand was getting closer(I really struggled with getting out of the hand) but like likes falling from th eceiling scared me a bit in the spirit temple,Anyway the Shadow temple didn't scare me at all it just creeped me out a little ecspecially with the Gibdos and the skulltula's popping out from nowhere but the Gibdos would really scare me when they froze me
more scary stuff for me

S

~Simple~

Was anyone else freaked out when they played through the Shadow Temple for the first time?

I was about 8 when I first played it, and I thought the skulls and the music were extremely creepy! Not to mention Bongo Bongo and his severed hands!

I hear you dude. I was young and the first time I played it it took me 5 weeks to pass it. Kept trying to play, a minute later I get all freaked out, then I turn it off. An hour later I do it.:lol:

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I hear you dude. I was young and the first time I played it it took me 5 weeks to pass it. Kept trying to play, a minute later I get all freaked out, then I turn it off. An hour later I do it.:lol:
excatly the same excact thing that happened to me except it was like a week ago I would play then the big skulltula would come up I would run up to my GC and turn it off it took me a month to get past that part:xd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom