• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art CM's Zelda Art Thread

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Awwww.....;w; Thank you so much guys! Seriously, I can't express my thanks enough! *huggles*

Day 8 - Song of Storms

day8zad.png

^ Image is kinda small...click here for full-size.

A bit about this piece:

Oh man...XD You don't know how much of a derp I was with this one.

I was excited to draw day 8 because I would be drawing a picture related to my favourite Ocarina song, the "Song of Storms."

I was all, "YEAH! I'm totally gonna make something epic out of this!" :D But while sketching Link...an interesting question came to mind...

How does one actually "hold" an Ocarina?

:facepalm:

Fail....XD

Even though I have played the game and have seen countless pictures from OoT of Link actually <i>playing</i> the instrument, I couldn't figure out how to draw it right since I don't own an Ocarina (plan on owning one of these days, though) and had no physical reference for myself to work off of. XD

Therefore, I scoured the internet for Ocarina lessons on how to hold the instrument to help me out.The positioning still isn't perfect, so please forgive me on that front. ;w;

Anyway, day 8 everyone! 8D Thank you for sticking with me so far!

Last edited:

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Day 8 already? My, my-- Does time fly!
This one's really interesting-- It looks kinda different from your usual style. I love the way you did the Music staff-- it really gives off that authentic feel; how Link would've wrote it down in

Ocarina looks good enough!

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Wow! Your artwork looks absolutely amazing! Good job! My favorite one so far was Sheik.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Thank you so much for the kind words everyone! ;w; You guys are awesome.

Day 8 already? My, my-- Does time fly!
This one's really interesting-- It looks kinda different from your usual style.

It does, doesn't it? ^^

And yeah...XD; My style has a bit of a tendency to fluctuate from time to time depending on what I'm doing (don't know why it does that...it just does). I think every artist goes through it, really. :3

---

Day 9 - Majora's Mask

day9zad.png

A bit about this piece:

Okay...so this one turned out to be a bit more simplistic than I was hoping, but it works.

You didn't think I was going to do all OoT from here on out did you? :P Hee hee hee...although, I must admit I guess I am cheating a little with this since Majora's Mask is the sequel to the game. XD;

I'm currently working on completing Majora's Mask, since I've never really been able to figure out the game for the life of me in the past. ;w; The 3 day time limit also doesn't really help matters much. XD; I know I can slow time down in the game and such, but it causes me anxiety... There are reasons for that, but I won't get into detail.

Love the story to it though!

Thankfully, the wonderful people over at Zelda Dungeon have provided a most useful walkthrough to help ease my time-related concerns. ;w; Majora's Mask will probably be the only Zelda game where I would have to heavily rely on a walthrough in order to defeat at this point.

Actually, I played a bit of the game before drawing this (beat the first temple, YAY!) in order to get some inspiration. You see, I didn't pace myself properly between days 7 and 8, so I kind of got a little stumped on this one and ended up starting it a little later than normal.

In any case, I hope it's okay for you guys. ;w;

See ya tomorrow!

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
And yeah...XD; My style has a bit of a tendency to fluctuate from time to time depending on what I'm doing (don't know why it does that...it just does). I think every artist goes through it, really. :3

Oh my goodness, I know what you mean!! My style is as inconsistent as the weather!

Dat moon. Oh god, dat moon.
I'm really loving Skull Kid.

Have fun with playing Majora's Mask! But make sure to save some time for Day 10!

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Day 10 - Ballad of the Windfish

day10zad.png

Click for musical awsomery which inspired this piece! ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtaKpGKej80&feature=related

A bit about this piece:

This piece is rather self-explanatory, really...

I adore the Windfish simply because it is a giant flying whale. XD I'm weird, I know... XD;

I took some artistic liberty with the Windfish's design for this one, so I hope it doesn't look too weird.

Oh Link's Awakening...you bring back so many memories...

That's all for now. :3 See you all tomorrow for day 11!

And as always, thank you so much, everyone! :D

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Ah-- The wind fish!!
I would sing the song now but it wouldn't make much sense in this context.

This is amazing; absolutely beautiful.
Gosh, look at that devilish grin on the Wind Fish's face-- What a handsome fellow.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Gosh, look at that devilish grin on the Wind Fish's face-- What a handsome fellow.

That's because he knows just how sexy he is. Hurr hurr hurr...XD

And also, thank you so much for always checking back Rain! :D You are way too kind...;w; *thinks on maybe sending you a friend request because you are awesome*

I'm really hoping this next one doesn't disappoint...;w;

---

Day 11 - Gorons

day11zad.png

A bit about this piece:

Ugh....definitely not my favourite piece by far for this project...;w; If you guys like it, that's awesome, but I want to sincerely apologize to the Goron race for ruining their epicness in this one.

Obviously, couldn't fit every Goron in here (I am only human, and there are only a few Gorons that I'm familiar with.). I also added Gor-Coron in here for the sake of adding some diversity, regardless of not having played Twilight Princess yet.

I'm also going to be doing something similar to this for tomorrow, 'cause apperantly I like to torture myself! ;w; I hope it doesn't turn out to be fail like this one...

Anyway, I hope you guys will try to enjoy this one...Forgive me for the ugliness...;w;

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
It looks amazing!:D Even though I voted to see them in one large groupe I'm glad you chose to do them day by day.^^ That way we don't have to wait for these beutiful masterpeices.^^ Keep up the good work!;)

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Day 12 - Zoras

day12zad.png

A bit about this piece:

Another awesome Zelda race. :3 The Zoras.

A little happier with today's in comparison with yesterday's, but there are still...so...many...problems! ;w; Methinks I'm out of practice with large group images (decidedly adds it to her list of things to improve upon).

Anyway, I hope you all like! Tomorrow's will be better, I swear. ;w;

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Ahh-- Sorry for not being on yesterday! I was out all day--

Groups-- the bane of my existence. But you've executed it wonderfully!
I tire of drawing groups so quickly; how are you so dedicated!?

On another note (related to the TwilightPrincess project), are you capable of drawings wolves QwQ? Sorry for asking so much of you!

Also; dem Goron rock nipples *cringe*. You are a strong person for drawing them.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Ahh-- Sorry for not being on yesterday! I was out all day--

Groups-- the bane of my existence. But you've executed it wonderfully!
I tire of drawing groups so quickly; how are you so dedicated!?

That's quite alright. :3 We all have offline lives after all, so I completely understand. ^_^

As for me being so dedicated with drawing group pictures...I have no idea, really...:sweat: I seem to enjoy torturing myself with a challenge from time to time...XD That, and if I really want something done, I'm typically kind of hellbent on it until it's finished for the most part. >>; That aspect of my personality is both a gift and a curse.

On another note (related to the TwilightPrincess project), are you capable of drawings wolves QwQ? Sorry for asking so much of you!

I'll respond to this on your user profile in a moment. :3 Just so I doubly know for sure that you receive the reply.

Also; dem Goron rock nipples *cringe*. You are a strong person for drawing them.

Honestly, I have drawn worse things...XD; Though, I do admit...the rock nipples kinda scared me a little...>>;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom