• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

I think that more documentation needs to be put out there about the IRC Channel. It needs to be made more clear to users that the "Shoutbox" no longer exists and has not existed for a very long time, and that an IRC Channel has replaced it.

There needs to be more education about what IRC is, that independent IRC clients exist, that people that use IRC tend to leave their IRC Clients running persistently. That just because no one is talking at a given time on IRC does not mean no one is paying attention. In fact, modern IRC Clients make my taskbar flash, and make audiable sound when someone says something.

Use of the Web based IRC Client should be for new users only, and once you get used to IRC, you should use a dedicated IRC Client.

Use of Skype as an alternative should be discouraged as it divides the community between those who use Skype and those that use IRC.

This requires promotion by the operators of the Zelda Dungeon forums.

Apparently, that was redundant.

Last edited:

David

But you called me here...
I think that more documentation needs to be put out there about the IRC Channel. It needs to be made more clear to users that the "Shoutbox" no longer exists and has not existed for a very long time, and that an IRC Channel has replaced it.

There needs to be more education about what IRC is, that independent IRC clients exist, that people that use IRC tend to leave their IRC Clients running persistently. That just because no one is talking at a given time on IRC does not mean no one is paying attention. In fact, modern IRC Clients make my taskbar flash, and make audiable sound when someone says something.

Use of the Web based IRC Client should be for new users only, and once you get used to IRC, you should use a dedicated IRC Client.

Use of Skype as an alternative should be discouraged as it divides the community between those who use Skype and those that use IRC.

This requires promotion by the operators of the Zelda Dungeon forums.

Apparently, that was redundant.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?21452-Guide-How-to-Use-the-New-Shoutbox!

Also, I cannot control what chat systems our members use, nor do I really care.

David

I would LOVE it if you had a Kirby dungeon. I mean, you have a pokemon dungeon, so why not?

Right now, massive expansion of the network is not our priority. We're working on getting our sister site Pokemon Dungeon set up, and thriving. Once that's set up, we will begin expanding the network with one of the other projects that we have in mind. We have big plans for the Dungeon Gaming Network, so you're going to have to wait for us to expand on our own. Telling us what you want next will not help us, as we already have plans for some new ones.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think it would be nice if all members were given the ability to add/remove the SPOILER tag after posting the thread; oftentimes I forget to add the tag to a new thread and that could lead me to getting in trouble/less desirable rant posts within the thread which could get someone ELSE in trouble.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I think it would be nice if all members were given the ability to add/remove the SPOILER tag after posting the thread; oftentimes I forget to add the tag to a new thread and that could lead me to getting in trouble/less desirable rant posts within the thread which could get someone ELSE in trouble.

You can always contact a moderator and ask them to make that edit for you.
I'll look into those permissions though, that does seem kind of weird to not be able to edit your own thread's prefixes...

EDIT: Yeah can't edit that setting, sorry. If you need a prefix changed, just contact a mod.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Why aren't we allowed to edit blogs? If we see a grammtical error and want to fix it, or feel like we need to add something, I believe we should have that option. After all, we can do it with posts, threads, VMs, and stuff like that--so the same maturity surely would follow with blogs.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Give each "Generation" of games it's own forum for example:
TP And SS Could have their own forum
Same with PH,WW And ST
Same with the Four Swords games(Including,depending on the timeline,ALtTP)
Same with OoT And MM
Same with OOX And LA
Same with the NES Games
Same,God-Forbid,with the CD-i Games

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Give each "Generation" of games it's own forum for example:
TP And SS Could have their own forum
Same with PH,WW And ST
Same with the Four Swords games(Including,depending on the timeline,ALtTP)
Same with OoT And MM
Same with OOX And LA
Same with the NES Games
Same,God-Forbid,with the CD-i Games

Our goal with the forum sections is actually to keep things condensed. The prefixes allow for organization by games anyways, and it's just overall easier to navigate when there aren't a million subforums to keep track of, among other reasons.

David

I suuggest a section for staff reviews of Zelda games!

Staff members do not have the time right now to review Zelda games. We have had pleanty of reviews in the past, which you can actually find on some of the main pages for each game, if they were made for that game.

We also try to not limit reviews of games to just staff members. Before I became staff, Majora's Cat and I wrote a review of A Link to the Past, which was well written and good. If you want to write your own reviews to be published on the main site, submit it in the article center for revision.

I've been wondering... For the video walkthroughs on this site, do you use video capture boxes that hook up to the system? If you do, why don't you guys make video walkthroughs for games like A Link to the Past and The Wind Waker? If you don't use them, I would highly recommend them. They are quite expensive, but they provide clear video and sound quality.

P.S. I've also heard talks of a video walkthrough of TWW already being made. With this, which video wlkthrough will most likely come first: The Wind Waker of Skyward Sword?

David

I've been wondering... For the video walkthroughs on this site, do you use video capture boxes that hook up to the system? If you do, why don't you guys make video walkthroughs for games like A Link to the Past and The Wind Waker? If you don't use them, I would highly recommend them. They are quite expensive, but they provide clear video and sound quality.

P.S. I've also heard talks of a video walkthrough of TWW already being made. With this, which video wlkthrough will most likely come first: The Wind Waker of Skyward Sword?

We have focused on making quality work for our other guides. We have plans to make ALttP and WW better, but we have to focus on the needs of the site right now. They will come eventually.

Most likely the Skyward Sword video walkthrough will come first (especially seeing as how our staff is really busy with it), as that is what everyone will be looking for.

Staff members do not have the time right now to review Zelda games. We have had pleanty of reviews in the past, which you can actually find on some of the main pages for each game, if they were made for that game.

We also try to not limit reviews of games to just staff members. Before I became staff, Majora's Cat and I wrote a review of A Link to the Past, which was well written and good. If you want to write your own reviews to be published on the main site, submit it in the article center for revision.

Yes, I recall that ALTTP review. It was very well written.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I've seen a lot of this, but a lot of members post questions that could be solved by asking another member. I understand that they are new and won't know much, but how about getting the new members to see a rule saying that there shouldn't be any questions like that posted on a forum? Just a thought I came up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom