• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Why Did This Happen?

The whole not being able to find Ancient Hyrule under the sea makes a great amount of sense too actually. But remember that Hyrule is bound in a forcefield and can't be penetrated from the outside unless you enter it with the permissions necessary.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
The whole not being able to find Ancient Hyrule under the sea makes a great amount of sense too actually. But remember that Hyrule is bound in a forcefield and can't be penetrated from the outside unless you enter it with the permissions necessary.

there's an innuendo in there somewhere

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Zoras in Ocarina of Time are freshwater creatures.

The Zoras in Majora's Mask are aquatic beings.

Since Termina and Hyrule are sort of alternate realities, the species can exist in a different setting--in this case, a river or a bay.

Thus, when Hyrule was flooded and the rainwaters became salty, the freshwater Zoras needed a way to live on, so they grew feathers and were able to navigate the Great Sea with better ease.

The Zoras in Ocarina of Time are freshwater creatures.

The Zoras in Majora's Mask are aquatic beings.

Since Termina and Hyrule are sort of alternate realities, the species can exist in a different setting--in this case, a river or a bay.

Thus, when Hyrule was flooded and the rainwaters became salty, the freshwater Zoras needed a way to live on, so they grew feathers and were able to navigate the Great Sea with better ease.

Also, adding to your/our theory and idea, in the Wind Waker, the Rito NEED a scale from Valoo in order to grow their feathers and be able to fly. I believe that a type of divine intervention came into play with their evolution, seeing as how the game reiterates on this time and time again in this part. If the Rito didn't get a scale, then they'd just be normal beings.

Adam

Undefeated
Are you actually sure it is said that the Zoras became the rito? I find this so unlikley.

it's generally accepted that the rito are evolved/adapted forms of the zoras. doesn't really change anything.

remember the zolas??? they were always found in salt water places and were enemies (if i remember correctly), so in order to have zoras in this game, they would...
A) have to play a major plot role :cool: have like a huge city or something underwater

and i just dont think this is what nintendo was trying to do.

and because the zoras are so well known they didn't want to ruin what they had structured the zoras to be.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
We've already seen them in the ocean in MM, But what I think is that there were so many monsters in the water so they couldn't survive.. from a lore point of view
But realistically speaking they didn't have a plcae in that game, Even if there were Zoras what would their story be?

If they were in teh game they would have such freedom taht they wouldn't have any problems, And they would be dominant and to top it all off they would've discovered Hyrule.. -.-

Zoras in MM are not just salt water. You can be Maku in the swamp and random pools without being hurt. I prefer Zoras but for the game the bird men work

S

skywarddude395

it is wierd that zoras aren't on wind waker i never thout of that

I think that it may be wrong to construe the Zora evolution into the Rito as Biological evolution as we know it. The timescale simply doesn't allow for that. However "evolution" can sometimes be used more loosely to simply describe a change. Given the timescales and enormity of the change, it is probably best to construe the "evolution" as magical. If I am right, then the theories which attribute the change to Valoo or the Godesses are probably correct.

Notice that The Rito possess Din's pearl while the Zoras possessed the saphire. While OoT does not explicitly state this, I take it that the Kokiri emerald corresponded to Farore, the Goron Ruby corresponded to Din, and the Zora Saphire corresponded to Nayru. If this is correct, the Rito actually changed patron deities. Perhaps Jabu Jabu was a spirit related to Nayru while Valoo is related to Din. Whatever the story with Jabu Jabu and Valoo, if the Zoras changed Deities, perhaps the new spiritual alignment/association had something to do with the change. This theory is further supported by the fact that Nayrus pearl comes from Jabun whom I take to be related in some way to Jabu Jabu. It seems that Jabun and hence Jabu Jabu is associated with the goddess Nayru, and Valoo is associated with Din. (On a side note, the Deku tree would be affiliated with Farore, which makes sense given that he is the being most intimately tied to Link who embodies Farore's domain, courage)

Last edited:
I think that it may be wrong to construe the Zora evolution into the Rito as Biological evolution as we know it. The timescale simply doesn't allow for that. However "evolution" can sometimes be used more loosely to simply describe a change. Given the timescales and enormity of the change, it is probably best to construe the "evolution" as magical. If I am right, then the theories which attribute the change to Valoo or the Godesses are probably correct.

Notice that The Rito possess Din's pearl while the Zoras possessed the saphire. While OoT does not explicitly state this, I take it that the Kokiri emerald corresponded to Farore, the Goron Ruby corresponded to Din, and the Zora Saphire corresponded to Nayru. If this is correct, the Rito actually changed patron deities. Perhaps Jabu Jabu was a spirit related to Nayru while Valoo is related to Din. Whatever the story with Jabu Jabu and Valoo, if the Zoras changed Deities, perhaps the new spiritual alignment/association had something to do with the change. This theory is further supported by the fact that Nayrus pearl comes from Jabun whom I take to be related in some way to Jabu Jabu. It seems that Jabun and hence Jabu Jabu is associated with the goddess Nayru, and Jabun is associated with Din. (On a side note, the Deku tree would be affiliated with Farore, which makes sense given that he is the being most intimately tied to Link who embodies Farore's domain, courage)

Wow... I like how you think. It makes good sense and is well laid out.

i think it is because the Zora are a very spiritual people, so when Jabu-Jabu dissapeared in Ocarina of Time, they found a new deity, Valoo, and in order to be able to live with him, they had to become land creatures. also, a Zora scales make you able to dive deeper, a scale from valoo gives you wings, also, since Valoo has to be pretty powerfull, his magic might have helped speed up the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom