• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anti-Master Sword

Djinn

and Tonic
One thing I have thought of is, since the master sword is created in this game, it might be that the master sword is the one made to copy this sword. If this guy is the original demon that was sealed away centuries earlier then his sword might have been around for a long period of time. When Link creates the master sword then it could be possible that the design of it was made to resemble an anti-version of this guy's sword. A good version made in a mockery of the very weapon that ravaged the old kingdom will now be used against the creature in an effort to save it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Hmm, what do you mean before he was released as the Imprisoned? Could you elaborate please? I'm having trouble understanding that part of the sentence...

I meant that I don't think that's what he looked like originally. I may be wrong, but I'm thinking he has those scales because of his form as the Imprisoned, meaning I don't think he had them before he was sealed beneath the Sealed Grounds.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Oh, yeah, you hit that right on the nose. This guy freaking deserves to be called the King of Darkness just by the looks of him (although I don't think that's what he looked like before he was released as the Imprisoned).

I think he was probably similar to how he looks there. I imagine he was just a grey skinned muscular man without those scales. He certainly looks like the king of darkness, those manly sideburns of fire!

I meant that I don't think that's what he looked like originally. I may be wrong, but I'm thinking he has those scales because of his form as the Imprisoned, meaning I don't think he had them before he was sealed beneath the Sealed Grounds.

Ah... I gotcha now. And yes, I agree with you on that point too seeing as how on his legs the scales are either receding or non-existent there.

One thing I have thought of is, since the master sword is created in this game, it might be that the master sword is the one made to copy this sword. If this guy is the original demon that was sealed away centuries earlier then his sword might have been around for a long period of time. When Link creates the master sword then it could be possible that the design of it was made to resemble an anti-version of this guy's sword. A good version made in a mockery of the very weapon that ravaged the old kingdom will now be used against the creature in an effort to save it.

I said that too... But I think I accidentally put it in the wrong thread. But yes, that was actually the exact same thing I thought and said as well. The ancient evil sword was remembered and in preparation and planning someone tells Link and guides him on the forging of the Master Sword. I also was saying that somewhere in game Ghirahim tells us that he's reviving his master and at some point it then becomes inevitable and we NEED to forge the Master Sword as a counter measure against big n' nasty's sword there.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Hmm reminds me of the fan game I created years ago called the Sword of Hero's Bane.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!

The Master Sword's design is Fi in blade form. It has nothing to do with the "mockery of the very weapon that ravaged the old kingdom." The Goddess sword slowly takes on the form of the Master Sword throughout the game. It's not like the sword stays the same design until the end and then, BAM. No, it slowly changes through upgrades by Fi absorbing these colored fires and shooting them at the Goddess Sword, changing its design in the process. If that doesn't say it's Fi's design it takes on as well as not having anything to do with this guy's sword, I don't know what does.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I think it's the imprisoned and Ghirahim's Master. After he's released Link tries to fight him, pulls out the Master Sword. This guy sees it, laughs, and says something along the lines of "Do you really expect to defeat me with this toy? I'll show you true power!" Then he creates this dark version of the Master Sword almost to mock Link (since The Imprisoned probably doesn't need a sword).

Wow, your theory sounds like Ganondorf keeping the Sword of the Sages just to mock them and show them what he's done to the blade (since he probably doesn't need the blade either). I personally prefer Ganondorf over this for one reason: this new guy is totally a stock villain. He looks too similar to many baddies from other series. Probably because many were inspired by Japanese Mythology (Oni) but still, there's many similar to him. At least Ganondorf had his own originality and attitude.

Why is everyone thinking Ghirahim will be the Anti-Master Sword? I mean Ghirahim is basically all white and then turns into a black sword? All this because the is a red diamond on the sword!? Wow if yous guys think that's proof then I dibs Zelda will turn into a sword... or not. Also Ghirahim is a demon, otherwise why would he be in the demon tribe? O_O

I mean the diamond on the sword looks way differnt then the one Ghirahim wears plus the diamond isn't built into Ghirahim but rather of his belt. Plus why would we see him in the intro showing the war? Hmmmm?

I mean it's like saying there is 1 cat within the group of dogs that would seem out of place, right?

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Why is everyone thinking Ghirahim will be the Anti-Master Sword? I mean Ghirahim is basically all white and then turns into a black sword? All this because the is a red diamond on the sword!? Wow if yous guys think that's proof then I dibs Zelda will turn into a sword... or not. Also Ghirahim is a demon, otherwise why would he be in the demon tribe? O_O

I hardly understood anything that you just said right there..
Girahim being the Anti Master Sword is because he shares similarities with Fi.. who turns into the Master Sword.
The theory being that Girahim's master will turn Girahim into the Anti Sword to counter the Master Sword.

And what does Giraim being a demon have to do with anything?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I hardly understood anything that you just said right there..
Girahim being the Anti Master Sword is because he shares similarities with Fi.. who turns into the Master Sword.
The theory being that Girahim's master will turn Girahim into the Anti Sword to counter the Master Sword.

No, he's got a point. Fi has the same colors of the Master Sword. Ghirahim does not have the colors of this sword. The rest of what he's saying is it's silly to say that just because there's a red gem on the sword that it automatically means Ghirahim. Zelda has a gem on her ceremony dress, but she's not part of a sword was his point.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel

Actually, a few months ago, many people speculated Ghirahim was gonna be the Gilded Sword. I actually think that is more likely than him becoming an Anti-master sword, mainly because there is more of a visual similarity. But both are unlikely, in my opinion.

Look how can Ghirahim possibly be the anti-master sword? I mean how? His white the sword is black and the red diamond is your only proof otherwise. Ghirahim has a red diamond how would this make him the sword? Phi and Ghirahim only have one thing in common, the diamond, that would make Zelda and Groose related too am I right? ;)

Plus, he was seen in the intro about a war. Why would he be out there if there is a war going on? It's simple Ghirahim is not the sword. In my opinion. The only way to get me convinced is by Nintendo themselves.

I mean they already did betrayal scenes 2 times I want a main villain actually thanking the other villain and not biting there heads off for freeing him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom