• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ganondorf's Origin?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I actually doubt he will be sealed in the mirror of twilight. I think Ghirahim(if he's not the sword) and the rest of the tribe will be sealed. That King of Darkness would have have been in Twilight princess if he was sealed, and he bears no resemblance to any Twili, who are tall and slender like Ghirahim. I don't know how he will be dealt with but I think he could relate to Ganon, there are all sorts of things they could do so as of yet I have no theory on how.

The King of Darkness was directly stated in FSA to have been sealed in the Dark Mirror (some say it was the Trident, though, the quote is slightly ambiguous), so anything else would contradict that, and Nintendo's not going to do that sort of thing with this big of a connection for the canon. The fact that he doesn't resemble the Twili also doesn't mean anything. According to what you said, that they all have to be tall and slender, which doesn't make any sense. Not all humans are tall and slender. Not all animals (of the same species) are the same size and strength. There's no reason for an exception for the Twili.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The King of Darkness was directly stated in FSA to have been sealed in the Dark Mirror (some say it was the Trident, though, the quote is slightly ambiguous), so anything else would contradict that, and Nintendo's not going to do that sort of thing with this big of a connection for the canon. The fact that he doesn't resemble the Twili also doesn't mean anything. According to what you said, that they all have to be tall and slender, which doesn't make any sense. Not all humans are tall and slender. Not all animals (of the same species) are the same size and strength. There's no reason for an exception for the Twili.

Yes but was the king of darkness not also Ganon? Are you saying this guy is Ganon and they decided to put him in after all to fit with the timeline?
As for the tall and slender thing, If a big muscular guy with a huge bone structure and fire for hair got sealed and had kids, those children would probably inherit those genes.(a gene for flame hair, why could I not have been born with that?:lol:) Big people have big kids in the majority of cases. If there were a group of tall slender people then the likelihood is that their parents were tall and slender. That is what I'm saying. No Twili resembles this giant King of Darkness, but there are similarities to Ghirahim seen in Midna and Zant. I'm going on the Twili we have seen. In reality we do not know their number but I doubt we ever will see any more.

Last edited:
A

Andrew.DiMarco

TP takes place about 500 years after OOT, since it runs alongside TWW... since there are obvious changes in between SS and OOT, some time must have passed there obviously. If it is the King of Darkness mentioned by FSA, then the physical issues aren't really important. Midna muses that her people conformed their appearance to the Twilight Realm, and if he comes a few hundred years before TP and Midna, it stands to reason that his physical appearance isn't the strongest characterizing factor.

I'm also of the train of thought that Ganon is the King of Darkness, especially since, at the time of FSA, Ganon was really the only character that could fit that role.

I still think that the character might be one of the other villains mentioned, or the force that Gihrahim bowes to. At the very least, he has really really eerie ties to that Imprisoned monster.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Yes but was the king of darkness not also Ganon? Are you saying this guy is Ganon and they decided to put him in after all to fit with the timeline?
As for the tall and slender thing, If a big muscular guy with a huge bone structure and fire for hair got sealed and had kids, those children would probably inherit those genes.(a gene for flame hair, why could I not have been born with that?:lol:) Big people have big kids in the majority of cases. If there were a group of tall slender people then the likelihood is that their parents were tall and slender. That is what I'm saying. No Twili resembles this giant King of Darkness, but there are similarities to Ghirahim seen in Midna and Zant. I'm going on the Twili we have seen. In reality we do not know their number but I doubt we ever will see any more.

First off, Ganon was the second King of Darkness. The original led the Dark Tribe. Second, do you really think Nintendo cares about genetics when it comes to this sort of thing?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I still think that the character might be one of the other villains mentioned, or the force that Gihrahim bowes to. At the very least, he has really really eerie ties to that Imprisoned monster.

The imprisoned will be freed and become this King of darkness. Of that I'm sure. The scar on the head is where the silver object was embedded into the Imprisoned's skull, that is probably what keeps him in that monstrous form.

I'm also of the train of thought that Ganon is the King of Darkness, especially since, at the time of FSA, Ganon was really the only character that could fit that role.
Ganon was the king of darkness in FSA ''"Everything's going swell lately! And we have Ganon, King of Darkness, to thank! Huh? Vaati? What's that? No, Vaati's old news. Ganon's the King of Darkness! Forget Vaati!" — Deku Scrub (Four Swords Adventures)'' Now the SS king of darkness will not be sealed in the mirror unless he is Ganon will he now? ''Eiji Aonuma confirmed on July 25, 2011, that Ganondorf is not planned to be in the game.'' There, unless they had a last minute change of their mind's. which is a small chance. If this villain is at the end and only small changes were needed to make him Ganon they could have in theory made those small changes. In the likely event this new villain is not Ganon, this King of darkness is not the one in FSA.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
The imprisoned will be freed and become this King of darkness. Of that I'm sure. The scar on the head is where the silver object was embedded into the Imprisoned's skull, that is probably what keeps him in that monstrous form.

Actually, I think that thing in his skull is what freed him from the Sealed Grounds. Link shoved it into the ground and the Imprisoned arose from that spot.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
First off, Ganon was the second King of Darkness. Second, do you really think Nintendo cares about genetics when it comes to this sort of thing?

I think they would make any characters offspring resemble them a bit. So if they created a prequel and showed somebody's dad for a previous game, they would at least have similarities.

Actually, I think that thing in his skull is what freed him from the Sealed Grounds. Link shoved it into the ground and the Imprisoned arose from that spot.
What I am trying to say is that is what caused the scarring on the King of Darkness's forehead. I really hope they give us a name for him soon.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I think they would make any characters offspring resemble them a bit. So if they created a prequel and showed somebody's dad for a previous game, they would at least have similarities.

Yes, but that's because it would matter. In this case, it's a choice of design for intimidation and plain badassery. It doesn't have to be accurate.

What I am trying to say is that is what caused the scarring on the King of Darkness's forehead.

Well, yes, that's something I think we can all agree on.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I don't support this idea because the only real thing that support this, and supporting it very weakly at that, is the visual similarity.

There is one thing I thought of, though, but it doesn't have much to do with SS. If SS doesn't have Ganondorf, then will they place Ganondorf in the next Smash Bros (Smash Bros Universe [the Universe part is based on Wii "U"])

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yes, but that's because it would matter. In this case, it's a choice of design for intimidation and plain badassery. It doesn't have to be accurate.
I really don't think this guy shall be sealed away, he looks far too much of a threat for that. I reckon he shall have to be destroyed so he does not return.

There is one thing I thought of, though, but it doesn't have much to do with SS. If SS doesn't have Ganondorf, then will they place Ganondorf in the next Smash Bros (Smash Bros Universe [the Universe part is based on Wii "U"])

This is off topic and should not be discussed further here, but If Ganondorf is not in SS he is likely to be in the Wii U zelda, so yes I'm sure he will be in the next smash bro's. Also it will not be released for many years yet so there is still time.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I don't support this idea because the only real thing that support this, and supporting it very weakly at that, is the visual similarity.

How is it weak? It's clear as a glass that was just cleaned by Jet Dry. (Yeah, idk.) The scales are identical, there's a scar in his forehead, which is where the Imprsioned has some blade thing lodged, his hair is long and flowing back like the dark floaty stuff on the Imprisoned, and he has pointed teeth like the Imprisoned does. That's strong evidence, not weak.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
How is it weak? It's clear as a glass that was just cleaned by Jet Dry. (Yeah, idk.) The scales are identical, there's a scar in his forehead, which is where the Imprsioned has some blade thing lodged, his hair is long and flowing back like the dark floaty stuff on the Imprisoned, and he has pointed teeth like the Imprisoned does. That's strong evidence, not weak.

No, I agree with the concept of him being the Imprisoned. What I meant was that he is not Ganondorf or related to Ganondorf, as that is what the original post is about.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Right. I got so caught up in the Imprisoned thing that... :sweat:

No, that's fine. Maybe I should've been clearer. I just thought it was obvious that I was replying to OP because I hadn't quoted anyone else

It doesn't make aLttP any less true. It is possible for one unpure of heart to gather the pieces. If you want another example, Ganon gathered them and almost made his wish in Wind Waker.

That was because he re-grouped them. From what I recall if you don't have a pure heart and touch it it's splits and you have to re-gather then to continue if so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom