• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shiny Pokemon

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
So, how many do you have? Are they cool? What's so special about them to you?

So I was looking for a Ditto yesterday and I find a Shiny Abra. Quickly, I pull out my cam corder, get 15 seconds of it and several pictures. Then, when I press fight, It froze.

And shiny rayquazas are epic *-*. Great, now I want to play Ruby and SoulSilver to get him.

I only have a Shiny Haxorus which I caught as an Axew. The shiny Axew just randomly appeared in Mistralton Cave, while I was trying to reach Cobalion. Now I use it all the time! I absolutely love Haxorus's Shiny colour.

so many pokemon look hideous when they're shiny, so that really keeps me away from trying to catch them as I usually only catch pokemon I would like to use.

Yeah, Some Shinies look rediculous, gross and awful. In particular, I don't like Giratina's Shiny colours, they just don't look right. The shiny colours I do like have to be of the Ralts evolutions, Haxorus, Emboar, Pawniard evolutions and Deino evolutions. Others don't really work :/

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I have to say I highly desire all shiny pokémon , even if they look bad ( like shiny bibarel , it just looks the same )
i've got a shiny venusaur, treecko, fearow and Articuno ( found as a roaming pokémon ) , i'm hoping to get shiny Rayquaza, but I like any shiny.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have to say I highly desire all shiny pokémon , even if they look bad ( like shiny bibarel , it just looks the same )
i've got a shiny venusaur, treecko, fearow and Articuno ( found as a roaming pokémon ) , i'm hoping to get shiny Rayquaza, but I like any shiny.
I have a shiny Rayquaza.

To me shiny pokemon are special, simply said. They are different than normal ones and though some of them perhaps look worse than their normal state, I still have to say I like shiny pokemon over normal ones.

And yeah, I have several, look in my shop if you want to find out.

The only shiny Pokemon that I ever caught myself was a shiny Larvitar. The other shinys that I had were all from my friends.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
i've been wondering , when you see the sprite of a legendary pokémon ( the thing u press A next to in order to start a battle ) does that have to show the pokémon's shiny form for the pokémon you battle to be shiny?

( since my Articuno was a roaming pokémon I didn't find this out. )

Atsuma, Rayquaza's my favourite pokémon and it's shiny form looks awesome, would u be willing to trade it? i'm not entirely sure wat I could offer, i'll think about it then post my offer.

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
i've been wondering , when you see the sprite of a legendary pokémon ( the thing u press A next to in order to start a battle ) does that have to show the pokémon's shiny form for the pokémon you battle to be shiny?

( since my Articuno was a roaming pokémon I didn't find this out. )

Atsuma, Rayquaza's my favourite pokémon and it's shiny form looks awesome, would u be willing to trade it? i'm not entirely sure wat I could offer, i'll think about it then post my offer.

I'll have to think about it. But really, I'm about to get a DS here in a minutes, and so I think I'll be resetting the game again, so...maybe. Yeah, I miss playing the HG quest, and since I often do crazy stuff, I tend to do things that people wouldn't normally do, like resetting their freaking game when they are so close to completing their pokedex. :P Oh well, that's me. ;)

Don't worry, if I reset the game I will be doing it once those hard to find pokemon have been transferred safely over to Pearl. :P *Check my shop, because I will be updating that in a bit. It's been a while since I add and remove stuff there.

Now, on to the question you asked. Nope, I don't think so. I got to Rayquaza and he looked totally normal, if I recall correctly, but once the battle started, he came out shiny. It took me a while to get him, but it was worth it in the end.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
thanks, at least I know that I don't have to keep re-entering the room every time I want to battle a legendary to get it shiny.

plus , I use my SS game like ur using ur HG I get really far in my pokédex then just start a new game because I'm closer to completing it in platinum.
Then I use my SS game to train my platinum pokémon, I trade them over to SS then just battle through the Gyms and Pokémon league with them, then trade them back , they'll be tougher when I trade them back, so it's a clever and fun way to train.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
thanks, at least I know that I don't have to keep re-entering the room every time I want to battle a legendary to get it shiny.

plus , I use my SS game like ur using ur HG I get really far in my pokédex then just start a new game because I'm closer to completing it in platinum.
Then I use my SS game to train my platinum pokémon, I trade them over to SS then just battle through the Gyms and Pokémon league with them, then trade them back , they'll be tougher when I trade them back, so it's a clever and fun way to train.
Maybe I'll do the same. I forgot to add something in regards to your question, but you probably already know if you are smart enough. You have to save before you encounter Rayquaza, or any other legendary. Once you do that, then just talk to it and battle it, if it doesn't come out shiny, just reset the game and try again. It's gonna take you some time, days maybe, but don't lose hope, if you really want a shiny that bad just keep at it until you get it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I have several shinies, most of them traded, almost all of them nothing more than trophies so far as I'm concerned. The only two that I ever actively used were Milotic, cus I think her shiny colors are just beautiful, and Rotom, cus it was actually of decent enough specs to EV train.

I have a weird habit of finding green shinies, since over half the ones I encountered myself were green: Oddish, Onix, Teddiursa, and an Espeon in a battle tower. My favorite story of finding a shiny though is that of my Togepi, which I hatched while breeding for a modest female with serene grace (very low chance of getting btw). I started releasing all the eggs that hatched with a bad nature and ALMOST released a shiny that had hatched. He was useless though, he's just there because I found it amusing I got a shiny before getting the Togepi I was actually after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom