• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

David

But you called me here...
The menu for the Market tab seems pointless to me. The drop down has a link to the market, when the whole tab could be a link, like "What's New?" For example, replace

HTML:
<a style="background:transparent url(images/misc/arrow.png) no-repeat right center; padding-right: 15px" class="popupctrl navtab" href="javascript://" id="yui-gen13">Market</a>

with

HTML:
<a href="market.php" class="navtab">Market</a>

As on the market.php page itself.

After looking at the templates, the code that puts the Market dropdown in the header navigation is not in any template. Its in the Market itself. Neither Wyatt nor I could find anything interesting in the settings of the market to remove the dropdown itself. We want to remove it as much as you do, but unless Justin comes in and does one final round of fixing the forums before he's actually gone, you're going to have to live with it for a while. There are more important things that we need to focus on. The Market dropdown is not High Priority.

And thanks for figuring that out Mandy. We'll see what we can do to fix that problem.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Shoutbox Not Compatible With 3DS Software

I'm writing this on my 3DS, so this won't be very long, but I really hope that someone important will see this. Anyways, since the shoutbox has been changed, it has become incompatible with 3DS softwere. This kind of upsets me, because I use the internet a lot on here. Thanks!

I'm writing this on my 3DS, so this won't be very long, but I really hope that someone important will see this. Anyways, since the shoutbox has been changed, it has become incompatible with 3DS softwere. This kind of upsets me, because I use the internet a lot on here. Thanks!

The "shoutbox" uses flash (lightIRC), and the Nintendo 3DS Browser doesn't support Flash[1]. You would need an IRC client to use the "shoutbox" on your 3DS.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This isn't really a suggestion per se, but I think ZD could use more Permission (User) Groups aside from the Hylian Knight, HN, Mod, Supra, Admin, Staff, AW and ZWiki groups. Being a regular member for a year now, I feel kind of bored with the tired black color of my username.

Now, I realize a couple things:
  • The admins/supra/mods are in no way obligated to make more usergroups or even have these demanding members on the forum.
  • Making new usergroups would come with new restrictions/requirements to get into said usergroups.
  • People have next to no time to make a user icon for the groups.
  • Multiple colors could be confusing.
  • There are already these usergroups installed, and getting into them is because of your effort as a member. So, you don't become an HK just because you've been a member for 20 years, or you don't become an Admin because you demanded it.
  • Y'all could force me to just join another forum and wouldn't have to bother you hardworking staffers. Or, I could get my much wanted color change in the form of a ban...but I wouldn't be able to participate on ZD! DX

So, you may take this as a ridiculous request and you have all the reason to do so. But I really hate the color of my username. So freaking much, actually. I could care less about my status within ZD society, just want a change from Black but NOT to Gray.

Last edited:
This isn't really a suggestion per se, but I think ZD could use more Permission (User) Groups aside from the Hylian Knight, HN, Mod, Supra, Admin, Staff, AW and ZWiki groups. Being a regular member for a year now, I feel kind of bored with the tired black color of my username.

Now, I realize a couple things:
  • The admins/supra/mods are in no way obligated to make more usergroups or even have these demanding members on the forum.
  • Making new usergroups would come with new restrictions/requirements to get into said usergroups.
  • People have next to no time to make a user icon for the groups.
  • Multiple colors could be confusing.
  • There are already these usergroups installed, and getting into them is because of your effort as a member. So, you don't become an HK just because you've been a member for 20 years, or you don't become an Admin because you demanded it.
  • Y'all could force me to just join another forum and wouldn't have to bother you hardworking staffers. Or, I could get my much wanted color change in the form of a ban...but I wouldn't be able to participate on ZD! DX

So, you may take this as a ridiculous request and you have all the reason to do so. But I really hate the color of my username. So freaking much, actually. I could care less about my status within ZD society, just want a change from Black but NOT to Gray.
You... pretty much ran through all the reasons why it's an unreasonable request, and thus discounted the request on your own. :P Pretty much not going to happen. There's no sense in creating usergroups for no reason, as that makes the board very convoluted and disorganized. ZeldaDungeon.net's forums already have a pretty high user group count than what's normal, and I know that I, personally at least, do not think that the board should implement any more.

Either way, you are aware of the Article Writers group, right? The one that changes the color of your username when you get an article published, whereas you have an article we're trying to get ready as we speak? :bleh:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Uncategorized - Zelda Dungeon Forum Community
How come this is the only group category? It makes it kind of a big mess. Why not have several categories?
Such as: Fan clubs, support groups, hobbies, comedy, etc. Something like that, only... with good names. Something to better sort all of these groups out. If we end up needing a new category we could add them as needed. Anything's better than this.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
How come this is the only group category? It makes it kind of a big mess. Why not have several categories?
Such as: Fan clubs, support groups, hobbies, comedy, etc. Something like that, only... with good names. Something to better sort all of these groups out. If we end up needing a new category we could add them as needed. Anything's better than this.
I agree, there needs to be something for the Role Playing,and what Matt said. I been kind disappointed in this because its the only one

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Why don't we have more? Because we never bothered to think it up :bleh:

But in all seriousness, we have made several new categories for you guys. Fan Club/Appreciation, Affiliation, RPG, Random for Fun, and Hobbies. Group creators should be able to edit their own groups and move them around.

If there is an active group with an inactive leader and someone in the group wants it moved, please PM a moderator or higher. If someone has suggestions for further group categories, please PM a supermod or higher.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I've got another question/suggestion about groups. I see that a lot of people use them, maybe even more than they use blogs. But depending on where you are on the forums it can take a lot of mouse clicks to get to them. I was wondering if it'd be possible to add the main groups page to the navigation bar in or around the "Forum", "Blogs", "What's New?", "Arcade", and "Rules" buttons. There's a lot of empty room around there and it'd fit in.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
Well... I don't know if this is here already, but what about a RPG section? The forums are getting a little messy with all of the RP threads splattered here and there, and I think it might make it a little tidier. And why don't you have a Deviantart banner, for good contributions to DA, a bit like the Zelda Wiki banner? It would make others feel pretty good to have more attention to their art.
Both of these are for the forums.

:fairy: Send me a message if this gets seen! :keese:

Last edited:

David

Well... I don't know if this is here already, but what about a RPG section? The forums are getting a little messy with all of the RP threads splattered here and there, and I think it might make it a little tidier. And why don't you have a Deviantart banner, for good contributions to DA, a bit like the Zelda Wiki banner? It would make others feel pretty good to have more attention to their art.
Both of these are for the forums.

:fairy: Send me a message if this gets seen! :keese:

We are not going to be implementing an RPG section in the near future. The forum games section is plenty good enough for any and all games. Mafia has its own forum because of how active the single game is and so that it is easier to pull evidence from past games.

And like Erebea said, we will not be implementing a deviantART banner. We are in no way affiliated with deviantART at all, so there is no point in having such a banner or even group. Zelda Dungeon was one of the masterminds behind Zelda Wiki, back in the day, so it made sense to reward users for actively contributing to the Wiki.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
The maximum number of images for your signature is 4. I think that instead of 4 it should be 6. The only reason I bring this up is because I like to have alot of userbars in my sig and the smileys count as images too, so if someone wanted to use the :fairy smiley,, but they already had 4 images, they couldn't.

... can this be fixed/edited?

David

The maximum number of images for your signature is 4. I think that instead of 4 it should be 6. The only reason I bring this up is because I like to have alot of userbars in my sig and the smileys count as images too, so if someone wanted to use the :fairy smiley,, but they already had 4 images, they couldn't.

... can this be fixed/edited?
Yes, we can fix that, but we will not.

4 is the limit for a reason. Loading many extraneous images is just a waste of loading time. Not to mention, more images can take up more space and make it easier to violate our signature sizing rule.

If you really want to have more images, consolidate all of your images, that you aren't linking, into one. As long as it doesn't break the maximums that We've set forth, you should be fine. This is an approach that many have done to overcome the image restriction.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm wondering if we can have notifications for each time someone replies to a blog we made. And for those who don't want it, a feature can be added to their Settings on whether to turn it off or not.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
If possible, I'd like a hide feature for individual sections, I'm trying to avoid SS spoilers without closing all the other sections off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom