• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Child Form?

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
They haven't done it since Ocarina of Time. Will Nintendo do it again with the new Zelda game in a few years on the Original Console instead of the Handheld ones?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hope not to be honest with you, not unless it is just an intro showing links childhood. We have had the wind waker phantom hourglass and spirit tracks all use child link as the protagonist. I personally like to play as a character more of my own age, which is why I think adult link should be there to stay. From a business perspective using child link would hurt sales, as allot of non zelda fans would not like to play as a child in their games and would think of it as a kiddie game.

A

Anthony_Vaughn_

Well, while I was speculating upon the new The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword information that's been recently flooding in, I came across a thought that I can't seem to get out of my head: Since The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time comes directly after The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, perhaps we may see a small glimpse of a younger Link at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword? Or, the recent announcement from Eiji Aonuma stating that another The Legend of Zelda title is very likely on the Nintendo 3DS (not a remake of any sort), and I'm assuming that it has the potential of featuring a young Link. On the same note of a new The Legend of Zelda title being released, maybe the Nintendo Wii U's upcoming The Legend of Zelda title will feature a young Link. Although, it seems that Young Link has moved on, and Toon Link is the 'new Young Link'.

geek4887

The Unknown
I hope not to be honest with you, not unless it is just an intro showing links childhood. We have had the wind waker phantom hourglass and spirit tracks all use child link as the protagonist. I personally like to play as a character more of my own age, which is why I think adult link should be there to stay. From a business perspective using child link would hurt sales, as allot of non zelda fans would not like to play as a child in their games and would think of it as a kiddie game.
Well, a couple of my friends enjoyed Ocarina, and that's coming from those "hardcore" gamers who play CoD all day (whatever everyone says CoD is still a great game). But, that's just a couple of them so I'm not sure if the whole world will agree. Anyways, as long as they use the right art style, I'm sure that no one will mind if they play as Young Link. Personally, I was turned off from OoT and played TP instead because of the Young Link part, but after playing OoT, I never really minded it. So, I think that Young Link still has a strong possibility of coming back!

Well, while I was speculating upon the new The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword information that's been recently flooding in, I came across a thought that I can't seem to get out of my head: Since The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time comes directly after The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, perhaps we may see a small glimpse of a younger Link at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?

Skyward Sword does not come directly before Ocarina of Time, all that has been confirmed is that it comes somewhere before it. From what we know about SS's story, I think it is safe to say that there is a lot of time, maybe even hundreds of years, between the two games.

A

Anthony_Vaughn_

Skyward Sword does not come directly before Ocarina of Time, all that has been confirmed is that it comes somewhere before it. From what we know about SS's story, I think it is safe to say that there is a lot of time, maybe even hundreds of years, between the two games.
That's true... I hadn't really thought of it in a sense such as that before.

Wait, there are links younger than Young link from Oot.

I think the average age of link would be about 14.

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you Wondering weather Link will have a young and adult part again?

And for the second question. I see a fad of 16-17 year old links in TP and SS weather this will continue i don't know

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Since OoT? You played as Child Link in MM and TWW.

But if you mean a separate form, probably not.

Wait, there are links younger than Young link from Oot.

I think the average age of link would be about 14.

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you Wondering weather Link will have a young and adult part again?

And for the second question. I see a fad of 16-17 year old links in TP and SS weather this will continue i don't know

Actually, I think OoT child link is the youngest Link in the series since he's 10 years old. Wind Waker's Link is 12. A Link to the Past isn't directly stated as being a kid or being a man so he's probably somewhere between 14 and 17 years of age, personally he always held a young feel to me and he's always called boy so I'm assuming here.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
For some strange reason, I've always identif¡ed with child Link better. I'm very childish myself, so I probably shouldn't be surprised.

On a more serious note, I think that with Link being a kid the sense of growing up I got from the games where he was got stronger.

It's been said many times that Zelda is a series where the story is often referred to as "coming of age". The character grows as a person throughout its course, and maybe the player does to an extent. I think that's an intersting way of seeing it.

Still, I guess it's easier to think of adult Link as "The Hero". Many people seem to think that, but what could I know?

Last edited:
Actually, I think OoT child link is the youngest Link in the series since he's 10 years old. Wind Waker's Link is 12. A Link to the Past isn't directly stated as being a kid or being a man so he's probably somewhere between 14 and 17 years of age, personally he always held a young feel to me and he's always called boy so I'm assuming here.

I'm fairly sure link from tMC was only about 8 or 9. but then again i could be wrong on that. Also Im not sure about FS/FSA

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
For some unknown reasons, Young Link currently appears only on handhelds (last home console game with him was Four Swords Adventures), and Adult Link appears only on home consoles (unless you count Ocarina of Time 3D, but that's a remake).

i kinda like te brutality of a child pushed in the real world. when your a child you see the things as they really are, not like the scociety told you to.

that beautiful but still dark vision of the world by a child is one of the thing i would like to be more developped in the next game whit a young or toon link. a world that can be really colorfull but aslo really dark.

to make a perfect world. you need everything, too much dark would get boring and alienating (love killing) and too much color would get too kidly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom