• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons?

How many dungeons will Skyward Sword have?

• <4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6

• 7-9

• 10+

• Total voters

Bunny Hood

Everyone's Favorite Mask
Hi

At this video you can see a tiny clip in which Link is in a snowregion and fighting this big dude with the big wooden shield.
I think it is safe to assume that if there is a snow-themed region, there is also a snow/ice-themed dungeon.

I see there are a lot of people who think the desert dungeon has mechanical elements in them. I truly hope this is not the case..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKUn5ESdK4s 0.24 to 0.26

theat looked more like the forest dungeon. it had leaves.

skybird11

state alchemist
also, if it was snowy, there would have been footprints. im sure the zelda team would have added footprints in snow by now

I think there will be from 7 to 9 dungeons.
Hopefully nine dungeons though.
Remember LttP had eleven dungeons.

I wonder will we see any new type of Dungeons other that forest, or Water, dungeons.
Hopefully some new enemies. and songs.
I hope the music is really good i thought in TP the music was not as good as in MM,WW, OoT.

theat looked more like the forest dungeon. it had leaves.

Hey yeah, after rewatching it it think it indeed could just be a white collored bridge or something. You are right.

But still I think a snow/ice area and dungeon will be in the game, even though they didn't snow anything that confirmed this.
MM and TP had a snow region, OOT had an Ice Cavern and WW an Iced Island. Also for the sake of diversity within the game a snow region is pretty obvious.

That is the kinda lazy thinking I hate to have in RPGs. "Well, let's give it more elementally themed areas to make it more diverse!" I don't think that really makes sense, to do it just because they can. If it makes more sense within the story to have multiple forests, volcanoes, and deserts, then... do it.

Diversity within the total world of an action adventure game is important for an action-adventure game.
Also, it takes more work than just using the same theme for the whole game, so I don't see how it can be lazy.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
To be honest, I would maybe like to see 30 more dungeons if I could. However, well I understand the idea of having more, it still should be about quality. Wouldn't you rather have one super epic amazing dungeon then 14 crappy ones? The goal here is quality. If you don't have that, then it makes the game less enjoyable. I must say however with today's technology Nintendo could make a very big game, with very big dungeons, and still not sacrifice quality. If they could manage to do that, then more dungeons could work. I believe this well done video by our webmaster Mases will help you understand what I am trying to say.

[video=youtube;OFnMpqmdlzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFnMpqmdlzs[/video]

Now that you watched it, let me know how you feel about this. Do you agree, or disagree with my statement? I would like to know opinion about this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
but now im starting to think about 6 or 7 dungeons since there seem to be more than one per province. so i was thinking that the desert and mechanical dungeons could be different. i know we saw sand in a technological/ mechanical dungeon in a trailer, but maybe the dungeon had sand in it because its in the desert? maybe they are different. i dont know. im so impatient for this game!

Well we have Skyview, Earth, Ancient Cistern, tech dungeon/desert dungeon (may or may not be the same), and it is probably safe to assume there will be a final dungeon. So there will be at least 5 or 6. If the final dungeon does not end up being in the sky, then I think there will be a sky dungeon. Maybe a second water dungeon in the ocean section of the desert, a snowy dungeon in the eldin province, and a dungeon in the sealed grounds. So I'd say we could get anywhere from 5 to 10 dungeons. 7 sounds like a good number though.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
7 Dungeons?

Guys, because it was said that the things we're collecting are shards of the goddess statue...
Zelda_Skyward_1007_Screen_13.png

Those symbols... are they the shards? Are there 7 dungeons?
And you have to figure there'd be a final dungeon after those seven.
This means:
-Skyview (Faron)
-Earth (Eldin)
-(Electricity) (Lanayru)
-Ancient Cistern (Faron)
-???
-???
-???
That means at least three more in the other regions...
It makes sense.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
At least give credit to nikohesus of ZU for actually writing this post. =/

But yeah, that sounds about right. Plus, there's obviously going to be a final dungeon. Possibly another portion of the Goddess Statue? Hmm, trying to think of what those others could be. I'm guessing there's gonna be a Snow Dungeon in the Eldin Volcano reigon, maybe it gets snowed on.

At least give credit to nikohesus of ZU for actually writing this post. =/

But yeah, that sounds about right. Plus, there's obviously going to be a final dungeon. Possibly another portion of the Goddess Statue? Hmm, trying to think of what those others could be. I'm guessing there's gonna be a Snow Dungeon in the Eldin Volcano reigon, maybe it gets snowed on.

At higher altitudes on mountains there is snow so this makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom