• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Expectations...

What are you expectations?

• It will be the best game anyone has seen in a long tim!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It will be as good as Oot, MM, WW, and TP, in other words, a very solid game.

• It will be the worst 3D Zelda game to date...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
HULLO!

Recently, I have noticed a lot of talk around the forums about the negative aspects of Skywadr Sword, I noticed a similar thing happening on Zelda Informer. This got me thinking, what is the general concensus about Skyward Sword at this point so close to release? Most people thought that Skyward Sword was going to be super amazing around the time we got the release date and the boxart, but recently I have been seeing a mass agreement that the game will be as good as were used to (of course!) but at the same time people seem to be ditching the idea that this game could be (really) better than Ocarina of Time.

So, in the poll above, awsner me this: Do you view Skyward Sword as the ultimate game that will be amazing and be the best game in 20 years, will it be what we should be expecting, another solid 3D Zelda game (my choice), or will it be worse than what were used to?

:D

Zorth

#Scoundrel
It's hard to achieve what OoT did..
It was the jump from 2D to 3D and introduced many new key elements that alot Zelda games use nowadays.. But I'm still confident that SS will kick butt :)

Flying, Upgrades, Cool items and a guy that looks excactly like Beedle..

In my opinion, it will fall somewhere between the first and second poll options. It sounds like it's going to be a fun, content-rich game, and I know I'm going to enjoy the controls. I'm really looking forward to it. It is a Zelda game, after all.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think that the game will be just as good as TP but with some of the the issues fixed that I had with it, like the difficulty. Gameplay wise it should be more fun. Storywise, I can't yet judge but with all the time they spent making it I'm sure it will be fantastic. As for whether it will surpass the legacy of OOT. I would sincerely like to say, absolutely yes, but I just don't think people will ever get over OOT. in the majority of fans eyes OOT will always be the best no matter whether there have been games released that are actually better. I personally found TP better in lots of ways and therefore I should think that I will find SS better if it surpasses TP, which It very well might. Then again I'm sure I will have some issues with it after I have played it 7 times and have finally got over my excitement of owning the game. Then I will be able to make a true jugement on wheter it is the best Zelda yet or not.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
"In a long tim" lol.

Anyway, I'm sure this game will accomplish what Twilight Princess failed at: being better than Ocarina of Time. With all the stuff we've seen (which is just too much to go into without making an entire thread), there's just no way in my mind that Skyward Sword won't be the best game ever made.

V

viccie211

@Zorth: that guy is actually Beedle(or a forfather/descendant, wheter it is placed in the timeline)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
...Does anyone know how to edit the title of the tread as well as the options list? I cocked up a little...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I believe only mods and up, and also Josh (because he is a Webmaster?), can edit titles.

I expect this game to be as good as OoT/MM, not better. It isn't that SS will be lacking in anything, just that because it is different, it cannot be better than OoT in my mind. Stupid way of thinking, sure, but I think like that for every single game in existence.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I believe only mods and up, and also Josh (because he is a Webmaster?), can edit titles.

I expect this game to be as good as OoT/MM, not better. It isn't that SS will be lacking in anything, just that because it is different, it cannot be better than OoT in my mind. Stupid way of thinking, sure, but I think like that for every single game in existence.

Being different is what allows a game to be better. Just look at TP. One of the reasons it wasn't better than OoT was because it somewhat copied it.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
I don't really think you can compare those zelda games like that, considering the use of the Wii Motion Plus. Skyward Sword will usher in the next generation of zelda gaming, with motion controllers. I believe in was Shigeru Miyamoto himself said that after playing Skyward Sword, he couldn't even imagine using buttons to play a Zelda game. I'm sure Skyward Sword will be a great game!

I have high expectations for this game and know for a matter a fact that SS will be the best Zelda game to date!
I have seen all the goodies and updates!
The Zelda team worked their hardest and we should all appreciate how well they did.
If the team says it will be epic! Then it will be epic :3

Pen

The game is on!
I (and many with me i suppose) have very high expectations about this game. My expectations have been this high for almost two years now and I don't think I've ever had expectations this high about anything ever before.

I just hope the game will live up to all of it's expectations... >.>

I voted for the best Zelda game ever, but I have to say that although I think it will, I still have a part of me that is prepared if it isn't. For instance, if the game ends up being like TP. I liked that game, but I and a lot of others were disappointed (especially those fangirls of zant that got crushed... :'( like me!). If something close to TP happens(although I*highly doubt it) I will be disapointed, but not as much I was for TP (especialy for my wonderful Zant...)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
If you put 100 japanese geniuses in a Nintendo building, give them the task to make the best Zelda game yet, and let them work for 5 years, then your sure to get something magical...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom