• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Already posted on the Pokemon Dungeon forums before, but has anyone played a Pokemon Nuzlocke challenge before? It's a very hardcore way of playing through a Pokemon game where you have to release your Pokemon faints, and only catch the first Pokemon in an area. If you miss or knock it out there is no second chance. It's a lot of fun to try, but it can be very very brutal. It's by the honor system, so you could cheat but wheres the fun in that? The basic rules are on the Nuzlocke Challenge wiki here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

The website http://www.nuzlocke.com/ has comics of people's playthroughs

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I've never heard of this before! I'll try it on SS, (it feels wierd typing SS, and not talking about Skyward Sword)

Lmao very true I guess SS is known more as Skyward Sword on these forums now. It's a fun thing to do a Nuzlocke run, and you can always change up the rules in a way that's fun for you.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
I've done one Nuzlocke run so far with my Ruby version.

I posted the details in a journal on my DeviantArt if you're interested. http://celticmagician.deviantart.com/journal/43945156/#comments

It was my first Nuzlocke run, and though it was very challenging and fun, it was also downright depressing. ;w; I don't think I've ever physically cried while playing a Pokemon game until I did this Nuzlocke. It was certainly interesting to use Pokemon I hadn't used before, however. :3 I plan on moving my Nuzlocke Pokemon over to my SoulSilver eventually as a sort of "heaven" ordeal.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Funny thing is though a Nuzlocke isn't competitive. Also I have done Pokemon Emerald Omega Strike, Fire Red, Ruby, Sapphire, and EmEmerald.

Kazumi

chagy
This doesn't seem like quite the right section, but it does seem very interesting. I could imagine playing this being really fun. Like Hardcore Mode on some awesome rouge-like (or Minecraft), or even a lot like a 3-heart challenge in Zelda. This would make the game a lot more difficult, and would force you to plan everything out a lot more. I also like the idea of "forming a bond" with your Pokemon. I may have to try this out some time soon. The only question is what generation I should play it in... Thanks for showing this to me, I actually hadn't heard about it before.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Hey Kazumi, I would recommend something simple that alot of people do as their first. Pokemon Emerald Ruby or Sapphire. The Nuzlocke Challgenge is all about forming bonds with your mons.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
This doesn't seem like quite the right section, but it does seem very interesting. I could imagine playing this being really fun. Like Hardcore Mode on some awesome rouge-like (or Minecraft), or even a lot like a 3-heart challenge in Zelda. This would make the game a lot more difficult, and would force you to plan everything out a lot more. I also like the idea of "forming a bond" with your Pokemon. I may have to try this out some time soon. The only question is what generation I should play it in... Thanks for showing this to me, I actually hadn't heard about it before.

I'd consider it to be competitive because it's a challenge that makes the game more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom