• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Uhh, Lord of the Rings Fans Discussion Thread?

geek4887

The Unknown
Hey, I hear we got a lot of LotR fans out here! I thought I should put up this thread, just so that fans can talk about there favorite characters, items, scenes, etc. I dunno.

Well to start it off, I guess I'll say that I love Aragorn, just because he's pretty amazing! :right:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well my favourite character is Saruman. I love his portrayal in the movies. Christopher Lee is an amazing actor and suits him perfectly.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This's strange..I made a Lord of the Rings discussion a few weeks ago, but nobody ever commented on it. :D Oh well, I this is the new place for it (and really, I don't mind it at all; the the LotR love be spread).

My favorite character is Aragorn, because of his selflessness, compassion, and courage in accepting his role as leader, to the Fellowship and eventually Minas Tirith and all lands of Free Men.

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Oh gosh. There's too many characters.

But my favorites are Aragorn, Legolas, and Samwise Gamgee.

Aragorn, pretty much what Thare said.

Legolas, well, I love elves. (If you've ever read my user title, well. Duh.) Now, an elvish princeling with a good shot and eye? Well. Just plain awesome. :lol:

Samwise is my favorite overall though. His courage and faith in his master is just amazing. He's best friend anyone could have. He'll never give up. And he's a fair weathered friend. I named my dog after Sam. (Yes.)

geek4887

The Unknown
Oh gosh. There's too many characters.

But my favorites are Aragorn, Legolas, and Samwise Gamgee.

Aragorn, pretty much what Thare said.

Legolas, well, I love elves. (If you've ever read my user title, well. Duh.) Now, an elvish princeling with a good shot and eye? Well. Just plain awesome. :lol:

Samwise is my favorite overall though. His courage and faith in his master is just amazing. He's best friend anyone could have. He'll never give up. And he's a fair weathered friend. I named my dog after Sam. (Yes.)
Legolas is a beast! I remember him on the movies (Two Towers I think) where he was also to do melee combat. Orlando Bloom did amazing as Legolas.

Oh, did I mention the awesome soundtrack behind the movie as well?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm just wag for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey(2012) and The Hobbit: There and Back Again(2013). Gonna be good movies

I'm just wag for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey(2012) and The Hobbit: There and Back Again(2013). Gonna be good movies

Me too! Ever since Fellowship came out, I've been hoping that they would make The Hobbit into a movie. I'm glad that it's being split into two parts; I feel like they'll be able to do a better job that way.

This all reminds me that I really need to re-read the series. I haven't read it in at least a year. I'm terrible.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I am a huge LOTR fan. I have all of Tolkien's Middle-earth related books (yes, all of them!). My favorite character is definitely Frodo. My favorite item has to be the Anduril. My favorite scene (from the movies)...hmm...that's hard....but I have to say the part where Aragorn gives his speech to the soldiers right after the Black Gate is opened (Return of the King). Love this story.

geek4887

The Unknown
When I was younger(5 or something?) I used to act as Gandalf and always found this huge stick as my staff, then kept on yelling "You shall not pass!" Yeah, I was such a LotR fanboy back then. :lol:

Keyari

翼のエルフ
The soundtracks for the movies are just amazing. Howard Shore is the composer. They're amazing. I love the music put into these movies. I suggest to all to buy the soundtracks, they're worth it! There was also a Lord of the Rings symphony, of which they recorded and are also available to buy. (I'm listening to it now! :D)

Man, I quote to much from this series- movies and books.

And I seriously CANNOT WAIT FOR THE HOBBIT. IT'S GONNA BE AMAZING! You can see some small bits of the actual production on YouTube if you look hard enough, there's some real stuff Peter Jackson put on there. <:

Linksister82

Setterwind
Oh wow! It would be so hard to pick my favorite anything in this series of movies/books. Everything is just sooooooooo great! I really like Sam, Aragorn and Legolas really well but I can't very well say if they are my favorite or not XD I LOVE LOTR!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom