• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What You Think "Game of The Year" Will Be.

a first person shooter

lol nah, i respect the appeal for those games but anyway

i'm thinking it'll either be Sonic Generations, Skyward Sword, or Kirby Wii

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The problem is if it goes by votes, Skyrim will win because Im pretty sure their fanbase is bigger than ours. But It shouldnt and if it doesnt It still would be a Great match up. This is also the Hardest Zelda Game since Zelda II. So in toughness Skyrim and Skyward Sword might be evenly matched now =)

And yet I've only heard of the Elder Scrolls series this year, and watched some footage. Looking it over, I see nothing remarkable about it--flamethrowers in an age of Dragons?--and the animation bears only half the beauty Skyward Sword does.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Skyward Sword beats the Dragon Age games in size! 50-100 Hours is not short and easy to replay, this is no ordinary Zelda game! Skyward Sword will also require tons of tactical play with every single enemy being a precision challenge.
I wouldn't be extremely surprised if Skyrim won, but Skyward Sword is far from out of the contest. :)
Average length for a console Zelda is about 60 to 70 hours. Average length for a Dragon Age game is over 80 hours. Average Elder Scrolls game is 200 to 400 hours.

Skyrim will win simply because it's Skyrim.

It has HD graphics, acheivements, an immense amount of hype, and other things that critics love.

Skyward Sword on the other hand is on the Wii which already makes biased critics disappointed, that, and it doesn't have dem HD realistix grafIXx. Realistically, they will both be fantastic games, but I believe Skyward Sword will be the more memorable experience while Skyrim will be GOTY simply because it's massive and will last 100+ hours.

Perhaps I'm not making any sense, but I just think from the average critic viewpoint, Skyrim seems more GOTY material. That, AND a massive army of fanboys will attack them if Skyrim doesn't win.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Skyrim will win simply because it's Skyrim.

It has HD graphics, acheivements, an immense amount of hype, and other things that critics love.

Skyward Sword on the other hand is on the Wii which already makes biased critics disappointed, that, and it doesn't have dem HD realistix grafIXx. Realistically, they will both be fantastic games, but I believe Skyward Sword will be the more memorable experience while Skyrim will be GOTY simply because it's massive and will last 100+ hours.

Perhaps I'm not making any sense, but I just think from the average critic viewpoint, Skyrim seems more GOTY material. That, AND a massive army of fanboys will attack them if Skyrim doesn't win.
Yea, this is about exactly right.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Modern Warfare 3 and Skyward Sword. Seriously no contest out of any other games being pushed out as far as I think.

Skyward Sword has the benefit of being a Zelda game, meaning quality is first and foremost. It has the added bonus of being a "Serious" Zelda game in that it is trying to contend with Ocarina of Time, which was released nigh about 13 years ago? Quality on top of quality, no unnecessary convolution with SS!

Modern Warfare 3 has the benefit of being a Call of Duty game. The fanbase will buy the game just to have it, and new people will be brought in by the graphics. They will be sucked in by the idea of bragging, which isn't present in any single player game, and they will be further comparing their gameplay and stats using CoDElite. Given that is a paid service, people won't take it for granted (besides hackers)...MW3 is a solid GotY if SS isn't.

TES are just drawn out, convoluted games with little to no substance. I haven't felt "fulfilled" after I (finally) finished Oblivion, and I doubt i will when(if) I finish Skyrim. I could careless about TES, it just isn't my kind of game.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I'd probably have to say one of these games: Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Batman: Arkham City might have a chance. And I don't see an FPS making it up there. But if there was going to be one, I would say Battlefield 3. :P

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I'd probably have to say one of these games: Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Batman: Arkham City might have a chance. And I don't see an FPS making it up there. But if there was going to be one, I would say Battlefield 3. :P
I determine These will probably be the list of nominations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom