• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Im afraid I can already answer this question for you. You start at a door that can't be opened behind you, and it ends at the boss room. There is no outside in the demo.

Aw, that's a bummer. But to be expected, I suppose. I do have another thing, though: When battling the Stalfos in the Sky Temple, try both strategically attacking it and free-for-all slashing at it, and see which approach is more effective. You could try it on a regular enemy, though, if you already had a set way to battle the Stalfos.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Okay, back from the Skyward Sword demo.

Frunk, you asked me to play around with the shields.

There wasn't much to play around with, the wooden shield was broken from the start, so I couldn't use it, and the iron shield took some damage upon being hit, Hylian Shield took no damage and performed admirably.

TheMinish, you asked me to examine the Sky Temple for symbols.

What was littered around the temple was motifs of branches, and wind, and the three leaf design seen here.

relicsymbol.jpg That's Locke's pic, btw.

They're the same symbols seen in the forest area, affirming the fact that it's the first temple and in the forest area, the first accessible mainland area of the game.

Yonatesf, you asked me to try to explore the village in the bird riding demo and to try to fly to different places.

I tried. To turn around as Link is supposed to run and jump off the dock into the race prompts the ceremony conductor (not Zelda's father) to tell you "What are you doing, Link?" and stops you from proceeding. Also, though you could get to the other floating rocks in the sky, they were featureless and uninteresting and you couldn;t dismount your bird.

Caelus, you asked me to check out the menus and check out the camera controls.

Basically, what we already know, Z-Targetting sets you up in the direction you're already facing, pressing "c" brings you into first person mode with the little circle controlled by the WM+. The menus shield and potion menus were brought up with the "-" button, the item menu brought up by the "B" button, to choose them, you reach over as if grabbing them with your hand. Pressing "+" just gave you the map, which was very rudimentary as there was no dungeon map in the demo.

vcdomith, you asked if anything else could cut the spider webs.

Yes, sword, beetle and bow and arrow can cut through, though the bow and arrow is unwieldy so I'd recommend beetle of sword if accessible.

I'll update later with my thought on the demo as a whole.

You heard it here first folks: 3 initial temples (forest, fire, desert), the spiky 'whale' (its not a whale) dungeon, then 5 more temples, then obviously the final fight.

10. That's our magic number.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
You heard it here first folks: 3 initial temples (forest, fire, desert), the spiky 'whale' (its not a whale) dungeon, then 5 more temples, then obviously the final fight.

10. That's our magic number.

I would love so much for a source or incredibly compelling reasoning now.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
We've seen six dungeons:

-Sky
-Earth
-"desert"
-"shiekah"
-"four-armed"
-"underwater"

The "shiekah" temple is in the location Yonatesf posted above, the "underwater" temple is shown in the opening trailer, and the "four-armed" temple is where the four-armed stalfos and golden statue is.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
Caelus said:
the "underwater" temple is shown in the opening trailer
Eh.. Which "opening trailer" you are talking about, if the "underwater temple" is the place where Link is actually swiming in Myamoto Demo, it's just the forest area "flooded"

Last edited:
I would love so much for a source or incredibly compelling reasoning now.

It's my own crazy intuition.

First, lets exclude the final dungeon as a dungeon. So we have 9.

I speculate that it will follow a traditional 3-temple exposition, big upset/reveal,etc, and then several final temples to progress to the final boss.

The first temple is the Forest, the second the Volcano, the third the Desert. I think we're going to then face the spiky boss guy and/or the flying whale, and we're going to be told that we need to save the 5 other races' (as seen in the intro) leaders or sages, etc. 3 initial temples + spiky mole boss + 5 races = 9. + 1 final boss = 10.

We've seen six dungeons:

-Sky
-Earth
-"desert"
-"shiekah"
-"four-armed"
-"underwater"

The "shiekah" temple is in the location Yonatesf posted above, the "underwater" temple is shown in the opening trailer, and the "four-armed" temple is where the four-armed stalfos and golden statue is.

The desert temple IS the temple with the four armed boss. The underwater temple is the forest area, but flooded.

Last edited:
The tree you see underwater is the exact same tree you see during the E3 2010 demo. Unless there is another tree that has spiralling platforms jutting out of its sides. There could be, but I'm doubting it.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Though I encourage speculation and conversation, you cannot go by "I saw one time Link swimming, must be a water dungeon."

As for the four armed dungeon, that's like one room, how do you know it's not a part of an already existing dungeon?

All we ca say is that there is a Sky, Earth, the one in the dessert and that technological dungeon.

If you think about the races that were shown, work off of that. Sky = penguiny things. Earth = Mogmas, Dessert = (Goron)?, Technology = Little robot dudes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom