• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Redeads...

Claire

The Geekette
Are we going to have to take this to the Mature Disscusion section, or can we get back to whether or not redeads freakin' have eyes or not?

I personally find it quite irrelevant to discuss whether they have eyes or not, since the discussion in general is about how they are capable of detecting Link. Even if they would have eyes, that does not mean we should assume that they are using visual reference to pick up Link's location. Do the redeads not react faster if Link is running? If this is the case, one would assume that sight is not the means of pinpointing his location, but rather by sound. I think a better question is how to they sense his area, not why they have eyes or not.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
I'm sorry, the original question was are they blind or something, and it turned into what do they do to him when they attack. And personally, I don't want to know.

Claire

The Geekette
I'm sorry, the original question was are they blind or something, and it turned into what do they do to him when they attack. And personally, I don't want to know.

Generally I find it intriguing, and I am curious as to how they sense Link (or rather what senses they use to detect him). In fact, we do not even know if they are using the senses we are aware of to track him. While I do find the question to be somewhat pointless, I do think it is nice to discuss the possibilities as to what we know and make good judgment as to how they can find him.

I personally find it quite irrelevant to discuss whether they have eyes or not, since the discussion in general is about how they are capable of detecting Link. Even if they would have eyes, that does not mean we should assume that they are using visual reference to pick up Link's location. Do the redeads not react faster if Link is running? If this is the case, one would assume that sight is not the means of pinpointing his location, but rather by sound. I think a better question is how to they sense his area, not why they have eyes or not.

That's true. He makes more noise when running, and then they detect him, indicating they sense him with sound.

But I tihnk we're missing something here. What if they use a sense we wouldn't expect them to have? So far we mostly appear appear to be looking at senses humans ;sight sound etc , or mammals like bats with ultrasonic wave thingies. What If use a snese humans don't have? like say....Link is a good guy. Redeads are completely bad. Made of bad.
Maybe they can sense his good soul or something nearby.

I dunno...maybe they can feel the presence of his part of the triforce?

J

Japua_<3s_Ralis

If they have an inability to see, then I would assume they would use their other senses - such as scent (although they appear to lack a nose) or sound. Who knows, maybe the redead have a sense we are unaware of.

They could use their tongues or mouthes to taste the air and find out where he is like a snake.

Kybyrian

Well, somehow, I think they just sense Link. Like an extra sense or something. I don't think they are capable of hearing or seeing him. Or smelling him for that matter.

As for attacking him, I believe they just jump on him and gnaw on his neck or something.

S

Steel Lover

I go along with the theory that the smell him, they look like the sort of monsters that would hunt by smell..

on the OTHER hand there is the little detail about reaction to noise suggesting hearing is their primary way of locating prey..

so..its anybodys guess really

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
they have eyes. when they are crouched down they cant see anything. so initially, they HEAR him walk by and then they get up, and then when they LOOK at link it stuns him for a moment.

F

firemblem64

this is like saying how do like-likes see you. ;)magic or somtin

Amelie

Air Dancer
Well.. it says there gaze stuns you.. I guess you can gaze without eyes.. but I always thought they could see. If they cant.. then they must just sense him somehow

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom