• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler SS World Map Revealed!

worldmap.JPG

As found by Zelda Informer, it has been uploaded onto the japanese SS official website.

The ground areas look bigger than I expected!

The third is probably the Desert province, so no Lanayru province so far...

however. the scene with the motorboat was in the desert province, so it's not very unlikely that the lanscape may be varied within one province, so the province may be Lanayru

Well in TP the desert province is right next to the Lanayru Province, more specifically Lake Hylia, so perhaps that body of water is or somehow related to Lake Hylia? The fact that the Gerudo Desert is completely cut off from everything in TP, and just the shape of it always implied to me some sort of geographical shift occurred at one point. Perhaps this game takes place while it was still all connected?

Last edited:
What, only three disconnected provinces? Only three inferrent dungeons? Something tells me that either this game will be awfully short, or Nintendo's keeping much of the game from us.

If this is in fact the world map (they, Nintendo official sources, affirmed it anywhere?) all my hy hype will go down in the drain instantly, only 3 proper disconnected areas, and a Sky above it that is only 40 seconds by flight long from the west-to-east edges.

I don't care if the game is still 50-100 hrs long, it would only mean that we'll have to backtrack a lot, but we are only going to see 3-4 areas with different variations (like the prankster commet levels in SMG2).

And this was a scratch i made early this month, laying the known areas under the skymap.

Screen%20Shot%202011-09-17%20at%2012.30.56%20AM.png

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
There are a lot of gaps and faded areas, and since this IS still just a teaser, I'm willing to bet we're not seeing everything as far as what areas are actually accessible. For example, the blank area between the top and right provinces seems like something should go there; it doesn't look right just blank. We also don't know for a fact that each of the three areas shown are all monothemed. The bottom two areas, for example, look large enough for some nice landscape variation.

Personally, I think Link will be able to connect the areas of the map later in his quest, because as I said before, some of those empty areas just look TOO conspicuous to stay empty. Uniting a disjointed land and all.

If this is in fact the world map (they, Nintendo official sources, affirmed it anywhere?) all my hy hype will go down in the drain instantly, only 3 proper disconnected areas, and a Sky above it that is only 40 seconds by flight long from the west-to-east edges.

I don't care if the game is still 50-100 hrs long, it would only mean that we'll have to backtrack a lot, but we are only going to see 3-4 areas with different variations (like the prankster commet levels in SMG2).

And this was a scratch i made early this month, laying the known areas under the skymap.

Screen%20Shot%202011-09-17%20at%2012.30.56%20AM.png

First of all, this is taken from Nintendo's official SS-website.
Also, this obviously not the 'real' world map, but more of a abstract, simplyfied version. As Xinnamin said, it's probably more like a tease, and there will definitely be more to it.

I know that the image is from the official website. What I care is this THE world map, have they said it anywhere? Or it's only a "screen capture" from the center of it?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The top appears to be Eldin, the bottom left the Desert Province, and the right one probably the forested area with the lake.

I agree with what Xinn said: there likely will be more to those vacant spots. I don't see why Nintendo would allow there to be such prodigious gaps for a game this size.

Well since we've already seen a forest, volcano, desert, water area, and tech temple these three provinces obviously won't be limited to one theme. So I guess the world won't be as broken up as I feared. But that just raises the question of why Nintendo decided not to go all the way and connect everything.

Yea maybe its like the two seperate areas of Bryyo in Metroid Prime 3. At first they were seperated and there was no indication of them ever connecting, but in the end if you followed the path they did connect.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I think there is quite a bit of land blurred out that we can't see, so I wouldn't worry about size. However, look at the size of Skyloft. That town looks pretty big from what we have seen so far, and then compare it to the land below the clouds as a scale. That land down there is massive. I'll be that since we are reuniting the Hyrule, more land mass will be available to explore.

In addition to that, think of how big the sky actually is. All those islands and stuff I bet sure make up a lot of content. I wouldn't worry about a whole bunch of back tracking. Just because we can see only three bits now, those are still huge chunks of places to explore. Back tracking is not a bad thing after all, the more you explore in an area the more you find an appreciate. This game has an art style meant to be appreciated anyways, especially now that we have first person viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom