• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons?

How many dungeons will Skyward Sword have?

• <4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6

• 7-9

• 10+

• Total voters

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I voted for 7 to 9 because it seems most reasonable. So far most Zelda games with Adult Link in it have been pretty long and they've had lots of Dungeons. Skyward Sword seems like its going to fit that trend. If Skyward Sword really is going to be as great as Nintendo says its going to be they should put in at least 9 dungeons or maybe a little bit more.

You never know though. Maybe Skyward Sword will have a lower amount of dungeons Like WW or MM but I seriously doubt that.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
i see a increase of more mini-boss & boss's that lead me to think there will be 9-10 temples. I also think they made Twilight Princess they have mastered larger enemies so i would expect real big bosses(at least a few of them at least).

T

TriforceReviews

im guessing around 8 since they showed like 4 off in trailers but i really hope its that amount and not like a majoras mask 4:)

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
i think the game will have closer to 5-7 dungeons. Nintendo said the world would be more dense and in the new trailers ive only counted: 1) the sky/forest dungeon(because I think I read somewhere they just called it the Sky Temple for the demo.)
2) the fire dungeon that we've seen a lot of recently 3) the sand area is looking like it will be where the mechanical/electrity dungeon is. So ive only counted 3 so far, and there MAY have been a water dungeon but that's questionable. I really hope that Nintendo hasn't shown us every dungeon yet, or I hope I'm wrong about the mechanical dungeon in the desert and other stuff. 5 to me looks like the closer number to me and I'd say we'd be lucky if we got 7.

About 7-8 (including the final dungeon, more likely 7, like the colors in the rainbow), more if we count sub-dungeons.

Last edited:
I think there is one temple for each area theme.

- forest (=confirmed)
- fire (=confirmed)
- water (=not confirmed, but very unlikely it isn't in the game)
- desert (=confirmed)
- snow (=confirmed)

further I think the following temples also will be in the game.
- some weird technical temple in tower of god/temple of time theme that has something to do with the gods
- something dark (probably some kind of evil place/shadow temple/ghirihims castle)

and then perhaps 1 or 2 other temples with more neutral themes like earth, wind or stone to fill up the game. So I think there will be 9 temples/dungeons.

I really hope there will be an huge and epic spirit temple in the game and a real dark shadow temple. There hasn't been any shadow temple since OOT. I'd like to see one.

Also, the fact that Nintendo confirmed a more dense game doesn't mean there will be less dungeons. I don't see the logic behind that reasoning. Twilight Princess was small enough to fit in a gamecube disc. Now the game is for wii only, which is a much larger disc, so technically the game could have 15 different themed area's with dungeons and still be "dense".

Last edited:
when did they confirm an ice dungeon? and the desert dungeon looks like it will be mixed with mechanical if you look at the trailers

Hi

At this video you can see a tiny clip in which Link is in a snowregion and fighting this big dude with the big wooden shield.
I think it is safe to assume that if there is a snow-themed region, there is also a snow/ice-themed dungeon.

I see there are a lot of people who think the desert dungeon has mechanical elements in them. I truly hope this is not the case..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKUn5ESdK4s 0.24 to 0.26

Z

Zelda skyward

Actually I think that looks more like a forest or maybe water region. But I am crossing my fingers for a snow region, it would simply look gorgeous with its art style.
So I vote 7 or 8 :
-forest/sky (confirmed)
-fire (confirmed)
-mechanical/desert (confirmed)
-water (since link can swim under water)
-snow (I really want it)
plus a few others like those ships we saw in some recent trailers, I'm wondering if they could not become a dungeon themselves, since that tentacle boss thing from tgs seems to be on one of them, and we all know boss=dungeon.

There is definately no snowy area in that trailer. The part with the moblin you are referring to is definately in some sort of forest. But since Link has so many hearts and the lyre in this clip, I'm thinking there will be a forest dungeon seperate from the Sky Temple later in the game.

Bunny Hood

Everyone's Favorite Mask
I think there is one temple for each area theme.

- forest (=confirmed)
- fire (=confirmed)
- water (=not confirmed, but very unlikely it isn't in the game)
- desert (=confirmed)
- snow (=confirmed)

further I think the following temples also will be in the game.
- some weird technical temple in tower of god/temple of time theme that has something to do with the gods
- something dark (probably some kind of evil place/shadow temple/ghirihims castle)

and then perhaps 1 or 2 other temples with more neutral themes like earth, wind or stone to fill up the game. So I think there will be 9 temples/dungeons.

I really hope there will be an huge and epic spirit temple in the game and a real dark shadow temple. There hasn't been any shadow temple since OOT. I'd like to see one.

Also, the fact that Nintendo confirmed a more dense game doesn't mean there will be less dungeons. I don't see the logic behind that reasoning. Twilight Princess was small enough to fit in a gamecube disc. Now the game is for wii only, which is a much larger disc, so technically the game could have 15 different themed area's with dungeons and still be "dense".

how is snow confirmed??

i didn't see anything snowy.

I'd really like if they got a tad more creative with the dungeons this time around, so that we'd initially have a hard time assigning an "element" to a given dungeon. That does not necessarily mean that I wish for things to be absolutely chaotic, just a bit atypical. As I've before stated, I am confident that this will be the case in Skyward Sword. I've set my hopes high.

Please let there be an Ice/Light dungeon...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Kybyrian

Bunny Hood said:
how is snow confirmed??

i didn't see anything snowy.

steve12345 said:
skywardsword13 said:
when did they confirm an ice dungeon? and the desert dungeon looks like it will be mixed with mechanical if you look at the trailers
Hi

At this video you can see a tiny clip in which Link is in a snowregion and fighting this big dude with the big wooden shield.
I think it is safe to assume that if there is a snow-themed region, there is also a snow/ice-themed dungeon.

I see there are a lot of people who think the desert dungeon has mechanical elements in them. I truly hope this is not the case..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKUn5ESdK4s 0.24 to 0.26

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
That place doesn't look very snowy, looks more like the forest area to me. The video has bad quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom