• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Did You Start Zelda, and Why Do You Still Play?

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I had a gameboy advance SP and my brother and sister had oracle of seasons, and then I started playing it and I fell in love with the series then!

I actually started playing Zelda when i found a random Minish Cap game a few years ago on the street one day. I didnt even buy it, it was just laying there in the grass in the park. My only knowledge about Zelda back then was Majora's Mask (That i got even longer ago), since I got it in a bundle with the Gamecube which scared the **** out of me since I really young back then (i immediately sold it for Super Smash Brothers Melee...I feel so dumb now). I was feeling courageous & figured why not since it was a free game. I adored the series ever since & even got to play MM again.
I kept playing Zelda for 2 reasons: because there was a story with depth in it including a timeline, unlike Mario games, & because it was simply an epic setting, like the bosses & characters

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
I got a 3ds for my birthday last summer. I had previously read an IGN article about the top 10 3ds games. OoT was number 1. When I was looking through the eshop, I saw LA and thought it was OoT (I couldn't remember the exact name of the game in the article). Anyway, I got it and started playing and immediately realized that I had got a different game. I loved LA anyway.
At some point, I grew anxious to learn more about... Ganondorf. His lack of appearance in LA made him seem very interesting to me, but his appearance as a nightmare boss also made him familiar. Through some internet link or something, I discovered OoT 3d and bought it using some birthday money. It took a couple weeks to come, but boy was it worth it.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I actually started playing Zelda because my parents picked Ocarina of Time up for my brother (we had just recently gotten an N64, way back in the day). I decided to play it, as well, and I fell in love with it (although I never actually beat that game until later). I still play it because I feel, in general, each game is unique, and there's always something exciting. It isn't incredibly difficult, nor is it too easy, it has a real plot, and there's always that satisfying feeling every time you beat the game.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I have to thank Super Smash Bros. Melee and my sister for getting me involved in Zelda. Being the young little girls we were, we LOVED. So my sister wanted to play as one of the few female characters in SSBM, Zelda. Sooo... then we wanted a Zelda game. Our Dad bought us The Wind Waker, and after discovering the wonder of walkthroughs, we fell in love with it.

geek4887

The Unknown
I actually started playing Zelda when i found a random Minish Cap game a few years ago on the street one day. I didnt even buy it, it was just laying there in the grass in the park. My only knowledge about Zelda back then was Majora's Mask (That i got even longer ago), since I got it in a bundle with the Gamecube which scared the **** out of me since I really young back then (i immediately sold it for Super Smash Brothers Melee...I feel so dumb now). I was feeling courageous & figured why not since it was a free game. I adored the series ever since & even got to play MM again.
I kept playing Zelda for 2 reasons: because there was a story with depth in it including a timeline, unlike Mario games, & because it was simply an epic setting, like the bosses & characters
Wow, it's like you were "meant" to play Zelda. I mean you found a Zelda game on the street. That's pretty cool! :)
Anyways. I started playing Zelda because it had an epic setting (just like you said), and the characters just amused me. And just like every other Nintendo fanboy out there, I fell in love with the gameplay. The timeline theories also got me hooked, so that's why I love and still play the Legend of Zelda.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I started playing Zelda because my aunt used to babysit me a lot and she was really into A Link to the Past. Eventually I started playing and basically beat the game because I had memorized what to do and where to go from watching her play. When Ocarina of Time came out I was so excited that I bugged my parents for weeks and weeks to buy it for me until they finally caved. The game was good enough to hold my attention for a long while until Majora's Mask came along and renewed my interest in the series once again.

Sadly, I don't really play Zelda anymore, and if I do I generally don't play any of the games that were released after The Minish Cap, I haven't really enjoyed a Zelda game since that one. I mean, I still haven't beaten Spirit Tracks because I completely lost interest in it half way through it. I personally won't buy Skyward Sword, and will only ever end up playing it if my friend gets it and I become interested in it from messing around at his house.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I started playing it because my brother let me try it out and I was instantly entranced by everything about it. My first game being Majora's Mask, I explored Termina Field for hours, uncovering innumerable secrets as I went over pretty much every square inch. All this stuff being in one area intrigued me, and I wish every Zelda game consisted of such.

I still play it for the immersion and independence instilled in my heart through Link. Having tested all the different qualities of the console titles, I've grown to enjoy Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask the most...if not the same. Both have grown in my heart and shall remain embedded there so long as another title is not made to best them. But it seems Skyward Sword may come close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom