• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Alleged Smash Bros. Title Leak

Is the alleged Smash Bros. 4 name legit?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Well, IGN did have some pretty good coverage on Brawl, so this might be legitimate. The "Universe" title makes me wonder if Nintendo has been working in secret with the other big names and will be uniting to bring their biggest stars together. Maybe along with the Wii U, Sony and Microsoft will produce this alleged SSBU for their most up-to-date consoles.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
SSBU doesn't sound too well in my book. Me, I've tried it at GameFAQs when Brawl had no name. Didn't meet good reception, unfortunately. Could Universe be the subtitle? Probably. Do I think this particular leak is legit? Nope, it all seems like photoshoped to me. I hope it isn't legit, and Universe isn't the subtitle because I don't like the vibe it gives me. Still, I can't wait for SSB3DS/WiiU to release!

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I really hope this isn't the actual name. First of all, so far we have Super Smash Brothers, SSB Melee, SSB Brawl, and Universe just doesn't fit with the theme. Also, I don't like them doing the 'Universe' in order to use the 'U' part of WiiU. I agree with VanitasXII that the leak doesn't seem legit, either.

kaimason1

the Wanderer
It's too early for a name leak, and Universe doesn't seem SSB style. Also, it's too cheesy, and the 'document' probably would have had 3DS next to Wii U, considering what has been confirmed.

H

Hero_Of_Time

It's possible that "universe" is the new equivalent of Smash Bros Dojo.

kaimason1

the Wanderer
Now THAT I could easily believe. Universe would make sense in that context.

Maybe along with the Wii U, Sony and Microsoft will produce this alleged SSBU for their most up-to-date consoles.

This will never happen. First party titles don't get published for other systems, it hurts sales of the company's own system.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This will never happen. First party titles don't get published for other systems, it hurts sales of the company's own system.

That's true. By this I meant they'll probably bring in a bunch of other characters, perhaps not from the bigger gaming companies, but second or third parties, such as SEGA and Activision. I just don't want Nintendo to use up their stash too quickly.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
That's true. By this I meant they'll probably bring in a bunch of other characters, perhaps not from the bigger gaming companies, but second or third parties, such as SEGA and Activision. I just don't want Nintendo to use up their stash too quickly.

I personally think it would be nice to see a Nintendo vs. Sony style game...

That wouldn't surprise me if thats the real title. I mean, having the "u" from Wii U could work. But what about the 3DS SSB. I thought that it would be called Super Smash Bros: Rumble.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
OMG!! It's awsome!! I want the WiiU NOW!!! I would love to see how the game will pan, out it'll be awsome with 2 screens. That goes way over epic for the SSB series!!!

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I am on the fence about this one. This would be the time that a paper like this would be seen, but the part about removing Captain Falcon and the Mother crew doesn't make sense. It has been a while since either has had an addition, but, they just added Lucas and I don't think they will remove characters after the upset about the Melee characters that didn't appear in Brawl. At the same time, both characters were very popular when SSB came out, maybe they have only been kept in as a fan service.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Honestly, I can't imagine them calling it Super Smash Bros. Universe. The other two Smash Bros. sequels have been named Melee and Brawl, which are synonyms for fighting. So, in my theory, the next game would have to be based upon another synonym for fighting, especially since the game will be on both a portable and a console, which I think is the first time Nintendo has released the same game for portable and console at the same time.

Well, on GameFAQs, right now, they're just referred to as Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Super Smash Bros. WiiU, as most video game sites would call them. For now, I'll call it Super Smash Bros. 3DU. :P

Universe eh? sounds interesting enough, though with a name like Universe i'm pretty sure there will be people out there thinking "Nintendo don't disapoint"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom