• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's That Say?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Hello people, I was re-watching the 3DS conference trailer for Skyward Sword, and I noticed that there was writting beside the "1" and "2" buttons. Can some Japanese speaking folk help me translate it?

wiimote.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance!

I was wondering this myself, actually, and just forgot to ask. Would love to know. I hope it's not anything too important, I hate where the 1 and 2 buttons are placed.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What I can make out, I'm no JP speaker nor do I claim to be one, so I may have translated it wrongly:

1 [Can't make anything out]
2 He Ru Pu? [Help?]

Last edited:
I think I remember from an earlier trailer/event of some kind that the 1 and 2 buttons had pictures of potions on them? So maybe instead of potions being an item, they have their own menu by pressing 1 or 2 ? EDIT: Bleghh sorry just realized that was the + / - buttons, not 1 and 2, sorry!

Last edited:

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Those I think are the Sheild/Potion and Item menu buttons. I remember that from previous trailers.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The radial menu is brought up by the minus button I believe. It is either that or the B button.

^There are two seperate radial menus; the item menu, which is brought up with B, and the potion/equipment menu, which is brought up with the minus-button.
The item menu has all of the items, and the potion/equipment menu has potions and shields.

Probably 1) is for pause menu... I was just thinking, how the hell this game doesn't have a pause menu, only map or radial menus.Since it's not something that we'll use very often, and we won't need to use it immediately in the middle of the action, it's perfectly ok to be on the 1 or 2 buttons.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
Well the first one is the positions(dowsing)and the second is HE RU PU O or HELP

Last edited:

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
What part in the video is the picture shown?, and I think it's for the pause menu and stuff like that.

What part in the video is the picture shown?, and I think it's for the pause menu and stuff like that.

Actually it appears in several parts, depending of the build/demo you're watching, in the 3DS conference the controls-hud is turned off, so we don't see it there. In the USA builds(must be older) it does not appear either, even with the controls hud on. But looks like in the recent japanese videos with the control hud turned on it appears all the time (in the 25th anniversary video every time the control hud is on this options are displayed), orrrr they just did a compilation of sections that this options are displayed (maybe to hint or show something like the guide mode)...

demonsxlr8

Join the Dark Slide! :D
1 = Accessory (or something like that)
2 = Help

A friend of mine knows a little of Japanese so he made a little research and this was the result.

EDIT: you can see it better here
20110913_ss008.png

Last edited:

demonsxlr8

Join the Dark Slide! :D
Sorry i didn't knew that means accessorys D:

(I'm not english though, what dowsing means?)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom