• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Just an Idea!??

So I was thinking that instead of making Oot. For the 3Ds they should have redone it like the same way but made it for Wii.

So then Nintendo for the 25 Anniversary could have made like a bundle thing of Oot. And Skyward Sword together and sold it for Wii..... besides who wouldn't want to play the best Zelda ever remastered for Wii

But just wanted to see what y'all thought of this idea

I agree that's why instead of making a 3Ds version they should have only from made it for Wii.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Oh, I see. The only problem is that the Wii probably won't be popular for very much longer - not with the Wii U coming out. It makes more sense for them to release it on their new console.

...Besides, I liked the gyroscope motion controls... and the 3D effects... XD

Last edited:

BombchuPwns!

MAKE PASTA NOT WAR
A portable version of one of the greatest Zelda games of all time is much better. The 3DS is a great system, too. Let's leave the wii for Skyward Sword.
Yeah, same with you Azure.... I mean, that would be a cool idea, but as Heroine of Time also said, Nintendo already has enough remakes.

I think Ocarina of Time is already available on the Wii. I was at my friend's house and we tooled around on it - I think it was on an sd card or something.

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
Personally, I don't agree with an Ocarina of Time remake for the Wii. Why, you might ask? Well, here are a few reasons.

They needed a game to get the 3DS to sell more.
As stated in this quote, the 3DS needed another game so it can sell more. The Wii was already popular and Nintendo wanted to sell a lot of 3DS consoles and games for the 3DS. They wanted the 3DS to get popular also.

Oh, I see. The only problem is that the Wii probably won't be popular for very much longer - not with the Wii U coming out. It makes more sense for them to release it on their new console.

...Besides, I liked the gyroscope motion controls... and the 3D effects... XD
Also, stated in this quote, the Wii won't be popular for long because of the Wii U. What's the point of making a remake for the Wii when the Wii U is coming out very soon? It wouldn't make much sense (well, at least to me it doesn't)... By the way, I also like the Gyroscope controls! :)

And for my last reason, I don't agree with a remake for the Wii is because they already have it released on the Virtual Console in the Wii Shop. What's the point of releasing Ocarina of Time for the Virtual Console and then later make a remake? That's like releasing Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS Virtual Console on the Nintendo eShop then months later a remake is made for the 3DS when you already have/can buy the original one.

But then again, these are my opinions as you and others might disagree with me, so please don't take this too seriously.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Wii may not be popular, but take note that the Wii U is BC will all Wii games and peripherals. So, releasing OoTWii [that sounds so awesome, don't know why] wouldn't be a bad idea – anyone who has a Wii U could go out and buy a Wii controller and enjoy the game. Heck, they could even make the game compatible with the Wii U controller or what's more, developer OoTWiiU. Ocarina of Time is probably the most known game of the Zelda series [until Skyward Sword comes out, I presume] so Nintendo's "milking" that one game isn't too farfetched. You very well know people would buy the game, and I'm sure with the graphical capabilities that the Wii U supposedly has, extra dungeons and maybe even Ura Zelda content wouldn't be too out of the scope of the game. You know how Link's right handedness in Master Quest isn't canon? Ura Zelda wouldn't have to be canon either. Just for gameplay value, you know?

So, while I'm not advocating OoTWii or OoTWiiU, I am saying that it could work. I don't want an OoTWii or WiiU right now, simply because OoT3D is released and Skyward Sword is coming out in couple months, but again it could work if Nintendo decided to make it. People would buy it, despite the claim that anyone says they wouldn't.

It's not a bad idea, but i wouldn't buy it. why bother when the game is already downloadable on the same system? I mean, sure, improved graphics and all that,but I really don't care about graphics in general. At least it's portable on the 3DS, but I don't see much of a point to it being on the wii.

Last edited:
It's downloadable but you still gotta use a classic controller I mean remake it and give it like motion plus controls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom