• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Linkanon's Legend of Zelda Timeline

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j385/Linkanon/ZELDATIMELINE.jpg

Before you go "Oh no, another timeline with no proof...", well, I HAVE PROOF. Not much, but I have proof. Let me start off by explaining the Adult Timeline, as it's the shortest.

We all know Skyward Sword comes first, and is followed by OoT, and that Wind Waker starts the Adult timeline wth a brand new Link, and Hyrule was flooded by the goddesses to keep Ganondorf from the Triforce and taking over Hyrule. Now this Link is the same one as the one in Phantom Hourglass, the obvious direct sequel to Wind Waker. Then we have the big gap in between Phantom Hourglasss and the newest DS Zelda game (notice I said DS not 3DS) which is Spirit Tracks. Then this timeline ends.

Now back to the beginning of the Adult timeline at Ocarina of Time. Teh most obvious sequel in Zelda history is between OoT and Majora's Mask, which takes place in Termina. When Link leaves Termina, some people think he got lost and turned into a Stalfos (and I DO). This is where it gets VERY arguable. I think that Twilight Princess coems next, because of the Hero's Shade, the guy that teaches you moves. When he leaves, he says something like "Now go, my child." Now, he could have meant "child" as "student", but I think that TP Link is the Hero's Shade's son. I mean, coem on, he has the Mirror Shield, and and Razor Sword, for goodness sake! Anyways, this next part is kind of confusing and, again, VERY arguable.

The Four Sword series. The 3 games about the Four Sword. I don't think the Four Sword and the Master Sword are the same, like most people do. I think they're very closely connected in history, but DEFINETELY not the same. Anyways, Vaati comes and breaks the sword, Link goes and gets it fixed (Minish Cap), yada yada yada, then Link uses it and splitis himself up in Four Swords, does it again in Four Swords Adventures, and then the events of Link's Awakening come in (by the way, personally, I don't hink cheesy little add-ons to Gameboy remakes are actual games myself, but you know, most poeple do, so I'm agreeing with them).

Personally, I think Link's Awakening comes first. Link sets off to find new places, and ends up on Koholint. Then, when he wakes the Wind Fish, he sails back to Hyrule to live with his uncle, then the events of A Link to the Past happen. Link then has the rest of his adventures in Hyrule (for now) in The Legend of Zelda, then The Adventure of Link, which are also very obvious sequels to each other.

Hope you liked my timeline! :) If you agree, disagree, have comments, or anything, just post a comment! ;)

~Linkanon~ o.o

geek4887

The Unknown
MC could come after TP. I have a theory on Vaati (it's pretty far-fetched). So, let's say that the Twilight Realm is a parallel opposite. Zelda even said they're "opposite sides of the same coin." So, what if Vaati was like a Twilit Minish or something. I dunno, it's just a guesstimation.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
When Link leaves Termina, some people think he got lost and turned into a Stalfos (and I DO). This is where it gets VERY arguable. I think that Twilight Princess coems next, because of the Hero's Shade, the guy that teaches you moves. When he leaves, he says something like "Now go, my child." Now, he could have meant "child" as "student", but I think that TP Link is the Hero's Shade's son.
You're basing a theory on a theory here - that's circular logic. You can't use the hero's shade being the HoT as evidence for TP following OoT without first showing that the hero's shade is the HoT. Fortunately, Aonuma confirmed this placement, so it isn't necessary to defend it anyway.

I mean, coem on, he has the Mirror Shield, and and Razor Sword, for goodness sake!
Look again. Does he really?

Four Swords Adventures, and then the events of Link's Awakening come in (by the way, personally, I don't hink cheesy little add-ons to Gameboy remakes are actual games myself, but you know, most poeple do, so I'm agreeing with them).

Personally, I think Link's Awakening comes first. Link sets off to find new places, and ends up on Koholint. Then, when he wakes the Wind Fish, he sails back to Hyrule to live with his uncle, then the events of A Link to the Past happen. Link then has the rest of his adventures in Hyrule (for now) in The Legend of Zelda, then The Adventure of Link, which are also very obvious sequels to each other.
You're saying that FS, FSA, LA, LttP, LoZ, and AoL all have the same Link?

Look at the backstory for LA:
Though you fufilled the Hyrulian prophecy of the Legendary Hero and
destroyed the evil tyrant Ganon, the land of Hyrule enjoyed only a
precarious peace. "Who knows what threats may arise from Ganon's
ashes?" the restless people murmured as they knitted their brows and
shook their heads.
It has several notable specifications.

SpecificationFour Swords AdventuresA Link to the Past
Legendary HeroThat technique is only for
the legendary hero with four
bodies and a single heart.
I appreciate your coming so far
to rescue me. As I thought,
you are the legendary Hero.
I have felt this from the first
time we met.
Fulfilled a Prophecy[no prophecy]**The Hero's triumph on
Cataclysm's Eve
Wins three symbols of virtue.
The Master Sword he will then
retrieve,
Keeping the Knight's line true.
Ganon is dead (ashes)Ganon is sealed in the Four Sword.Ganon is killed, turned to ashes.
*A legendary hero is mentioned this one time in FSA, but not in relation to a prophecy as LA requires. LttP Link is called the Legendary Hero twice, and there is a prophecy regarding such a hero.
**There may be a prophecy that I don't remember. I don't know FSA's text as well as I know LttP's.

On top of all that, LA was originally a direct sequel to LttP before FSA came out. While one could argue that OoX (btw, you didn't include these games?) provides enough reason to shift LA to after them, I can see no such argument for FSA, especially in the light of the state of Ganon.

Now, on to LoZ/AoL. LttP's box states that it takes place long before LoZ. Impa and Zelda don't know Link. Link doesn't have the Triforce. For what reason did you place them as direct sequels?

MC could come after TP. I have a theory on Vaati (it's pretty far-fetched). So, let's say that the Twilight Realm is a parallel opposite. Zelda even said they're "opposite sides of the same coin." So, what if Vaati was like a Twilit Minish or something. I dunno, it's just a guesstimation.
That foul Vaati! What could he be
scheming now?
Link... I feel I owe you an
explanation of what has happened.
You see, Vaati and I are both Minish.

I was once a famous sage and a
renowned Minish craftsman.
Vaati was only a boy when I took him
on as my apprentice.
But...he became enchanted by the
wickedness in the hearts of men.
One day, Vaati took a hat I made for
the humans--my pride and joy.
It granted the wishes of its wearer.
He put it on without permission...

Last edited:
You're basing a theory on a theory here - that's circular logic. You can't use the hero's shade being the HoT as evidence for TP following OoT without first showing that the hero's shade is the HoT. Fortunately, Aonuma confirmed this placement, so it isn't necessary to defend it anyway.

[Oh, he did?]

Look again. Does he really?

[Of coure he doesn't literally have it, but it looks very close to it. Well, I'm not sure...]

You're saying that FS, FSA, LA, LttP, LoZ, and AoL all have the same Link?

[Oops, forgot to mention that The LoZ Link is a new Link, a LONG time after ALttP.]

Look at the backstory for LA:It has several notable specifications.

SpecificationFour Swords AdventuresA Link to the Past
Legendary HeroThat technique is only for
the legendary hero with four
bodies and a single heart.
I appreciate your coming so far
to rescue me. As I thought,
you are the legendary Hero.
I have felt this from the first
time we met.
Fulfilled a Prophecy[no prophecy]**The Hero's triumph on
Cataclysm's Eve
Wins three symbols of virtue.
The Master Sword he will then
retrieve,
Keeping the Knight's line true.
Ganon is dead (ashes)Ganon is sealed in the Four Sword.Ganon is killed, turned to ashes.
*A legendary hero is mentioned this one time in FSA, but not in relation to a prophecy as LA requires. LttP Link is called the Legendary Hero twice, and there is a prophecy regarding such a hero.
**There may be a prophecy that I don't remember. I don't know FSA's text as well as I know LttP's.

[Well... I don't know what to say about this. YOU KNOW WHAT THE TEXT SAYS JUST FROM MEMORY?!?! You must be a really good Zelda fan...]

On top of all that, LA was originally a direct sequel to LttP before FSA came out. While one could argue that OoX (btw, you didn't include these games?) provides enough reason to shift LA to after them, I can see no such argument for FSA, especially in the light of the state of Ganon.

[Uhm... I totally forgot about those games.]

Now, on to LoZ/AoL. LttP's box states that it takes place long before LoZ. Impa and Zelda don't know Link. Link doesn't have the Triforce. For what reason did you place them as direct sequels?

[Simple: they're NOT sequels, LoZ and AoL are.]

I hope this answered all of your questions. Look in the "[]'s" for what I wrote.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
For what its worth, if you direct your attention to the very top of the page you'll see a tab called 'Resources'. Its for theorists who are looking for game text, manual texts/translations, developer quotes, and other information that could make or break a theory. So whether or not Locke knew that from memory, if he didn't its not like the information isn't readily available.

Regarding the LttP, LoZ, AoL question, I'm confused by your answer, and the question did stem from your wording on the original post:

... he sails back to Hyrule to live with his uncle, then the events of A Link to the Past happen. Link then has the rest of his adventures in Hyrule (for now) in The Legend of Zelda, then The Adventure of Link, which are also very obvious sequels to each other.

This makes it sound like you've put the same Link in all 3 games, rather than only LoZ and AoL being direct sequels. Is that your intention? If so, why do you think this? (if not, fair enough).

Last edited:
I forgot to add the part about the Link in ALttP being different than the Link in LoZ and AoL, which are the sequels, not ALttP and LoZ AND AoL, just LoZ and ALttP.

May I ask why you feel the Four Swords games go where you put them?

I DO NOT think the Master Sword is the same as the Four Sword, and the A Link to the Past GBA remake had Four swords included, so either ALttP comes first and throws the whole timeline out of order, or it comes after the Four Swords Trilogy.

I DO NOT think the Master Sword is the same as the Four Sword, and the A Link to the Past GBA remake had Four swords included, so either ALttP comes first and throws the whole timeline out of order, or it comes after the Four Swords Trilogy.
That was just bonus material. Like getting the camara in LA or the Master Sword in OoX. Come to think of it, you didn't place the Oracle games at all.

Anyway, why assume that by putting the Four Swords arc first that I think it's the Master Sword? It's obviously not, thanks to information on SS. The Master Sword was out of commission because it was the lock and key for the Sacred Realm. So it would make sense for Hylians to depend on another sword. The Temple of Four Swords in the LttP remake can be explained away as something Ganon created from his own memories or even legends he heard of.

That was just bonus material. Like getting the camara in LA or the Master Sword in OoX. Come to think of it, you didn't place the Oracle games at all.

Anyway, why assume that by putting the Four Swords arc first that I think it's the Master Sword? It's obviously not, thanks to information on SS. The Master Sword was out of commission because it was the lock and key for the Sacred Realm. So it would make sense for Hylians to depend on another sword. The Temple of Four Swords in the LttP remake can be explained away as something Ganon created from his own memories or even legends he heard of.

Yes, he created it from the legends he heard of, a hint to the fact that he created it from his memories of the game(s) he was in in the Four Swords trilogy. Again, I forgto to add the OoX games!!!! >.<

U

UrukHai659

1, I don't see any reason why ALttP goes in the Child Timeline. It focuses on Ganon trying to escape the Dark World. He was only sealed in the Adult Timeline.

2, There's no reason to put Link's Awakening anywhere specifically, as it was a dream and could be any Link at any time in any timeline

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom