• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seal War Game

geek4887

The Unknown
This has got to be one of the BIGGEST event in the Zelda timeline, and all it is is a backstory. I, as the loving Zelda fan I am, am very disappointed that Nintendo will not produce a game out of this. I think that TP's art style will best suit a game like this(that's just me though). And, it could be the "sequel" to TP that I've been craving. Anyways, after SS, this is a game I will truly wait for. :tired:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The only problems I have about a Seal War game are, what events could lead up to that war? Would the Link or the player character be playable during the war (which would be awesome)? And what about the story structure [hopefully it isn't another 'Hero fights villain and warring nations for hand of princess/ladyfriend]?

That would be really cool. It would be a completely different Zelda experience, and it'd be very unique. My only gripe is that it would go too in-depth into the unofficial timeline of Zelda, which may turn off some non-Zelda gamers whom are just looking for a fun adventure game. For Zelda maniacs, though, it's perfect!

geek4887

The Unknown
The only problems I have about a Seal War game are, what events could lead up to that war? Would the Link or the player character be playable during the war (which would be awesome)? And what about the story structure [hopefully it isn't another 'Hero fights villain and warring nations for hand of princess/ladyfriend]?

Well, Nintendo has made some nice story for some games, some which us fans would've never thought of before. Oh, and wasn't the Seal War occurred was because Ganon was trying to conquer Hyrule? But I would be REALLY excited if Nintendo put this game, especially if it was in the WiiU(well, obviously). But, now that you mention it, a warring setting for Zelda, is unheard of before. It's probably gonna have the deepest story in the series if it happens. I really do wonder how it's gonna work.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've said this many times before already, but I'll say it again. I think it's a very high possibility that the next console Zelda will be (finally) an accurate depiction of the Seal War. Reason being that they're bringing in many of the origins with a prequel to the once first game on the canon (which was once the Seal War), so bringing in such an important event in the series seems like a logical thing to follow it up. Plus, the events of Twilight Princess have set it up perfectly to where it can be implemented. I'll be somewhat surprised if it's not the next game, but I won't be in complete shock. I know it'll happen eventually, though. It's inevitable.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It would most certainly be an interesting choice for the next game's story and could be a very exciting choice too. In another article you mentioned you wanted another dark zelda. This could well be it. ''After the murders of his followers, Ganondorf stood over the Triforce and grasped it with blood-stained hands.'' Now it is said a great battle takes place during the seal war between Ganon's armies and Hyrule's. I think showing an epic battle scene between the forces of light and darkness would be a great way to show off the wii U's graphical capabilities. I also think they should use an art style similar to TP as it was good at portraying dark elements and the seal war is probably one of the darker parts of zelda.

Hero's Shade

Do not falter my child...
I've said this many times before already, but I'll say it again. I think it's a very high possibility that the next console Zelda will be (finally) an accurate depiction of the Seal War. Reason being that they're bringing in many of the origins with a prequel to the once first game on the canon (which was once the Seal War), so bringing in such an important event in the series seems like a logical thing to follow it up. Plus, the events of Twilight Princess have set it up perfectly to where it can be implemented. I'll be somewhat surprised if it's not the next game, but I won't be in complete shock. I know it'll happen eventually, though. It's inevitable.
Agree with this completely, especially if it has the HD demo's artstyle, and it will suit the game also, as it seems that Aonuma wants a game's artstyle to reflect the nature of it. It will also give Zelda an adult-y feel and be a good step in winning back old Nintendo fans with the WiiU

Make it happen Nintendo.

I think the idea of Nintendo doing a game to cover the Seal War is a major stretch. For one, at this stage in the series, the Seal War is not that spectacular of an event nor is it really important anymore. It might have been kind of a big deal when it was first mentioned in A Link to the Past, but I don't think Nintendo has any serious attention on it as far as the plot goes. There's also the theory (which I support) that Ocarina of Time is the Seal War. There's plenty of evidence to back it up, and just conceptually it's kind of weird that Nintendo would make ALttP and mention this Seal War, this origin story for Ganon, and then make Ocarina of Time almost right after (minus the side-story, LA) that covers... oh, guess what? Ganondorf's origin. Both involve him seeking the Triforce. Both involve him getting sealed in the Sacred Realm.

While there are most certainly problems connecting the two, especially now, how can you look at what Ocarina of Time's story contains in the context of when it came out and not say it was intended to be the Seal War? It seems exceedingly obvious to me.

If Nintendo is going to make a new game that covers a war - which would be a drastically different setting; not a bad idea in itself - I think a better choice would be the Unifying War. The one that predates Ocarina of Time. Unless of course Skyward Sword covers this somehow, which is probably kind of doubtful at this point. See if it was the Seal War, it would still be Ganon again, he would still be seeking the Triforce, he would probably still kidnap Zelda, all the classic stuff. But with the Unifying War, Nintendo could tell a much more unique storyline. Not that I want to knock Ganon or Zelda's tropes and standards, but doing a war-based game would already deviate from that, so why not go all-out?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think the idea of Nintendo doing a game to cover the Seal War is a major stretch. For one, at this stage in the series, the Seal War is not that spectacular of an event nor is it really important anymore. It might have been kind of a big deal when it was first mentioned in A Link to the Past, but I don't think Nintendo has any serious attention on it as far as the plot goes. There's also the theory (which I support) that Ocarina of Time is the Seal War. There's plenty of evidence to back it up, and just conceptually it's kind of weird that Nintendo would make ALttP and mention this Seal War, this origin story for Ganon, and then make Ocarina of Time almost right after (minus the side-story, LA) that covers... oh, guess what? Ganondorf's origin. Both involve him seeking the Triforce. Both involve him getting sealed in the Sacred Realm.

While there are most certainly problems connecting the two, especially now, how can you look at what Ocarina of Time's story contains in the context of when it came out and not say it was intended to be the Seal War? It seems exceedingly obvious to me.

I do agree that it was once the Seal War, but I don't think it is anymore. There are too many inconsistencies for it to accurately depict it. One of the main ones is that the Triforce is still split at the end of OoT. It was whole at the beginning of ALttP, and Ganon was still in the Dark World. That's a major flaw on Nintendo's part for OoT to officially be the Seal War, and I don't think they'd just ignore that, even though ALttP was made so long ago. And, the thing is, there's a wide-open spot for it to occur after TP if Ganondorf were to somehow get the ToP back and come back to life, eventually reassemble the Triforce and get his wish granted, the Dark World is created, and the actual events of the Seal War then take place.

Plus, look at how FSA was originally going to be the Seal War. That really showed that the makers of it (including Aonuma, who helped develop Ocarina of Time) didn't consider OoT to be the Seal War anymore. Miyamoto is the only reason it wasn't the Seal War, and that may be because he considers it the Seal War, but we all know how inaccurate he can be when it comes to the canon. However, it could have been that he didn't think FSA would be a big enough title to bring about such a big event of the canon. And I think that would be a legitimate reason. FSA wasn't really purchased as much as many of the other Zelda games, and it's really quite under the radar in the series. Looking at it like that, I think it's possible that's the reason Miyamoto upended the tea table of FSA being the SW, but I definitely don't say 100% that was the case.

All that said, I think Nintendo may have set themselves up to where they might bring an official depiction of the Seal War in the future if they wanted to. With the perfect gap for it after TP, it really makes quite sense for Nintendo to put the Seal War there.

If Nintendo is going to make a new game that covers a war - which would be a drastically different setting; not a bad idea in itself - I think a better choice would be the Unifying War. The one that predates Ocarina of Time.

The Unifying War takes place at the most 10 years before Ocarina of Time. Remember. Link's mother was mortally wounded in the raging war, so she took him to the Kokiri Forest. The war was then eventually settled by the King. Since Link's a baby at this point (and with the real insignificance of the war to the canon as a whole, seeing as it was the King who ended it), there's no need for a game to depict it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom