• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you all think if Nintendo designed a phone

J

JoniRo 8D

I think it wonderful idea “not something like this of course”
http://www.mobilewhack.com/nintendo-wii-phone.jpg
Its pretty horrifying … but Im thinking something Like the DS/Dsi I mean the cell Phone business is pretty tough but just about everyone has to have one in some sense, the DS can surf the web, and chat online, its fun, looks nice,(and has a camera, well the DSi )

Maybe in someway the DS/DSi is turning into a phone…and if it was phone I’m sure that the games for it will work and such….but so far I think it is only a dream

What do you all think? (I haven’t been online in while)

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
hmmm a nintendo phone...it has potential, nintendo is good at making nice looking things with great capibilities(though not the greatest).

yes if nintendo made a phone, i probably would consider trying it out

Amelie

Air Dancer
I dont know... a nintendo phone? all the girls my age will want one and they might just kind of look silly. I dont know.. depends on how much Nintendo will charge.

If it will be decorated with Zelda and mario.. then grown ups might be emabbaressed to be seen carrying them around. I know my father would never use one.

Eh.. I guess i just think Nintendo should stick to games >>

Kind of makes me think of the Game and Watch...

But anyways, I have sort of mixed feelings on this. On one hand, it might be pretty interesting, cool, but on the other, it might end being sort of, well... Useless.

I think that if they were to make it well enough, and to optimize it with useful feature and the like, than I might like it. Especially if they made it so that you could customize it.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I want a NintendoPhone! Complete with the Song of Storms as a muthamuffin ring tone!

I'd buy it and use it forever. But they won't do it, because they're not money hungry like Microsoft and Sony. They make things that are actually WORTH the cash. :P

I think it would be cool. With nintendo using touch technology and everything, I really like touch screen phones. I think Nintendo could make a lot of money off it, but it MUST NOT LOOK LIKE THAT PIECE O' JUNK! Sorry for the caps.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Its not the Sony is money hungry. Well... maybe a little. But they are in consumer electronics. Before games. Just like Apple has the iPhone.

I just think Nintendo should stick to games because if they started makeing phones. We would have Nintendo pods and all kinds of things like all the other companys (have you seen the Zune (microsoft?) its horrible ><

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I don't know if I like this idea. I think Nintendo should just stick to their games and stuff. I just don't think a Nintendo phone would sell. I personally would only buy it if it was better than the average cell phone, looked really good, and had some cool Nintendo stuff thrown on there. But even then, I still might not buy it.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Nintendo is really a company for entertainment. Whether cell phones could be considered as entertainment or not is up to the individual. I think Nintendo is steering more towards this though, with the iPhone and PSP becoming the "swiss army knife" of gadgets. The new DS is going to have a built-in camera along with downloading capabilities, and both the Wii and the DS already have browser programs to surf the net. It's only a matter of time, I'd think.

I certainly hope they do their own thing instead of following the crowd, though. If they could combine something into a multi-gadget (like the iPhone) then I might be interested. If it is just a phone without any real connection to Nintendo's video game series, then I will probably ignore it.

M

Medri Fogmatio

Eh... I am really not thrilled by this notion...

I just kinda got this feeling that they would make a walkie-talkie before they make a working Telephone.

It's just not really logical, they would make a horrible service for phones.

Ironicly, I am a Hardcore Nintendo Fan, so this is just me being honest.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
It wouldn't be the greatest idea ever. In the end, if it was done, I wouldn't get one, as I already ow a phone.
Perhaps if it was just meant for novelty....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom