• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Gamelength

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
My TP game took 56 hours with a major drawback at the city in the sky, so i think it will be somewhere around there. As for a 100% play through, i think if you play the game for the first time, win, get all of the heart pieces and such, then it will be much easier to start a new profile and play 100%, unless you mean 100% for a start.(same for 3 Hearts challange)

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
The first play through might take 35-40 hours. I'm pretty sure the time will be somewhat near to OoT

At least as long as TP for a 100% run i think... because I remember reading that it has more content than ever before in a Zelda game... I think it was Aounuma who said that it would be very dense and content packed, and that he and miyamoto hadnt even gone through everything in the game yet!!!

For a first playthrough... maybe half or a third of that? idk... It depends if the packed content Aonuma is talking about is more part of the storyline or more about side quests and optional upgrades and things...

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
100% I'm pretty sure...should be around 50 hours. TP was a letdown in all respects, they said we'd get 50 hours out of the game but I speedran it in 12 hrs including massive pause times -.- Anyway, Skyward is shaping up to be a huge and deep game, so I expect at the very least 24 hours worth of 100% time though surely it'll be much more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Twilight princess was about 25-30 hours on first playthrough so i imagine about the same or more because of all the content they have packed in.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Actually it has been stated that this game is not so long, but more dense like Majoras Mask.
So I have to guess about 20-25 hours, 30 max.
Now 100%, like in Majoras Mask, it takes some more time, so 100% in a first run I would dare to say 25-35 hours top.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
Actually it has been stated that this game is not so long, but more dense like Majoras Mask.
So I have to guess about 20-25 hours, 30 max.
Now 100%, like in Majoras Mask, it takes some more time, so 100% in a first run I would dare to say 25-35 hours top.

Nope, never said it would be shorter. Dense doesn't mean short. A common misconception. All evidence points to a longer game, with them even saying it has so much content that Miyamoto and Aonuma haven't even finished it yet.

Last edited:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Seeing as it is anticipated that SS will be longer than TP (though that's probably not the case), I would hope that it would last 30+ hours. If not, i'll be dissapointed. I like games to last for a long time. I want them to leave a lasting impression on me. I want them to consume my time and make a dent in my personal time. I don't want to pass them off in one day or less.

Hopefully nintendo will pull out the stops and stretch this out as far as it can go. :D

actually how long the game last depends on the player. everyone does things at their own pace. and this game has recently been said that it's the largest zelda game to date. to me that means that it will probably be longer than most because of all the content. i don't do 100% completions. i never have for any game. and usually it takes me 5o hours or so to complete a zelda game. i'm talking about console games not handhelds since i've never played any of those. that's on a first run.

actually how long the game last depends on the player. everyone does things at their own pace. and this game has recently been said that it's the largest zelda game to date. to me that means that it will probably be longer than most because of all the content. i don't do 100% completions. i never have for any game. and usually it takes me 5o hours or so to complete a zelda game. i'm talking about console games not handhelds since i've never played any of those. that's on a first run.

I would argue that's fast either way.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I should guestimate it'll take up to 50 or 60 (yes, I'll venture there--not sure why, but I will) hours for 100% playthrough. On the speedrun, however, I imagine it'd be closer to 30 hours. Even if we do advance pretty quick, we'd still have to fight our way past enemies, work through puzzles, and perform who-knows whatever else, strategically. So I'd say more than a day, either route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom