• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I just don't get why everybody raves over OOT so much! Sure, it was epic at the time, it introduced a heck of a lot of new features, but that's about it. Lots of people do that! My vote goes to Majora's Mask. Great Storyline, and gameplay is awesome.

I agree.I also don't get why people rave about OOT,so much.
I feel like Majore's Mask had a more emotional side to it then OOT.
It was the first game where I cared about the characters in a game.

Well...
I've never played MM before, but I don't think I would fare well with the side quests and the time limit.
Oot was the original 3d game and had more dungeons, and I like originals more.
So yeah.

Y

Yumil

I'm going to have to agree with Axle for all of the reasons mentioned. Ocarina of Time is a magnificent game, one I'd call the greatest game ever simply because of what it gave the gaming industry as a whole.

However, Majora's Mask surpassed it in many ways. Sure, Ganon plays no part and Zelda's part is minimal, but the story is better for it. There are only four dungeons, but they are all better than most of the dungeons in Ocarina of Time. In my opinion, Stone Tower Temple is one of the best dungeons ever put in a Zelda game.

But the best part of that game, and the reason why it surpasses Ocarina of Time is the time mechanic and the Bomber's Notebook. The story gains an incredible amount of depth because of the character development in that game. And all of that is made possible by the time features that so many gamers hate. I play Majora's Mask just to do the Bomber Notebook. I will get the Ocarina back and then complete all of the book that is possible before going to Woodfall at all.

Both are magnificent games. Majora's Mask is the better one.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Majora's Mask was just too short. It's awesomeness is ruined by its briefness. Ocarina of Time wins then.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Did you do all the sidequest?
Majore's Mask is more about the sidequests then about the dungeons.

I agree, I mean, OoT had LOTS of Dungeons compared to other games, and Majora's Mask had a lot of different things to do on specific days and time.
Well, I guess I like them both! :)
I like Majora's Mask storyline, and masks.
And I liked OoT's weapons and songs.
I can't really decide which one I like more.
Also, I really liked the start of Majora's Mask. :)

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Majora's Mask gets my vote. Voting OOT on nostalgia alone is really a bad way to rate any game.
Majora had the better story in truth especially since OOT was just more of the same rescue the princess fare. MM stacks up with LA when it comes to storyline and darkness all together.

The gameplay was so different and the variations of fighting was just awesome. The game was also pretty long if you did all the sidequests and searched for all the treasure.
Also for those concerned about the time limit and the loss of items. You save money in a bank and you can buy most of those items back at Clock Town.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I have to disagree with you there. OoT's story went beyond "save the princess" I think. In fact, I would say OoT has a better story than any Zelda game.

Although, Majora's Mask was really fun, and that "3 days" theme really made the storyline great. I know, OoT had a really good one too, but Majora's Mask had a fantastic one too.

I'm not saying MM didn't have a good one, I just think OoT's was better.

I mean, c'mon, it had time travel! Who doesn't like time travel?:cool:

Like Midna666 said, there is time travel in Majora's Mask, also. I personally like the time travel in Majora's Mask better. I liked being able to travel hours at at a time, rather than years.
I also liked the darker plot of Majora's Mask, how it was different that "save the princess", and rather "the world's ending and there's nothing you can do".

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I recently played a little bit of MM again, and realised something. It is the only game where I hate the actual story, and love the side-quests (well, most of them). To say I like either OoT or MM over the other is hard though, but I'd probably have to go with OoT simply because I can get through it with little challenge. All the temples in OoT are relatively easy, but they are brutal in MM, especially Stone Tower Temple.
Then again, MM was better in the sense of how more characters had stories to them, and thus was more emotional. As well, I loved how they re-used the peopel from OoT. I used to go around (in MM) and try to figure out who they were (in OoT).

Like Midna666 said, there is time travel in Majora's Mask, also. I personally like the time travel in Majora's Mask better. I liked being able to travel hours at at a time, rather than years.
I also liked the darker plot of Majora's Mask, how it was different that "save the princess", and rather "the world's ending and there's nothing you can do".

Really, the 3 day time travel didn't feel like time travel to me at all. It was more of an annoyance actually.

And the plot isn't just "save the princess" to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom